"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥" -𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 23

grace was stood at the nurses station with april and meredith. "ooh. i smoothed out some bumps in the NICU surgery protocol, if you wanna..." april said to stark, before he just ignored her and carried on walking. "stop acting like a child" she said slamming the chart on the desk.

"you crushed his heart, april" grace smirked.

"and none of us thought he has one so that's impressive" mer said also smirking.

"yeah well it's inconvenient" april sighed. "i need him to sign this" she said before walking off.

then the chief came over to the two, "uh morning" he said in a calm tone.

the two girls greeted him with a 'good morning' and a smile.

meredith had chose to do the alzheimer's trial over the diabetes. "oh, uh another alzheimer's trial patient today, huh?" webber asked her.

"yes sir"

"good, good" he smiled.

grace could feel all the awkward tension so she decided to leave. "hey i've gotta go, so i hope you both have a good day. i'll probably catch up with you later mer" she told them, as she tried to get away from them as quick as possible.

grace met up with lexie and they overheard hunt and alex's conversation, about their patient being a bitch and being alone.

they started talking about chief resident, even though grace wasn't in the running anymore she still listened closely. "my plan for chief resident?" alex asked.

"mhm, besides badmouthing patients. all your colleagues are showing some kind of leadership potential" owen said. "grey and avery they're on clinical trials, kepner is overhauling the surgical checklist. they have a plan. i was just wondering if you had a-"

"african kids" alex said interrupting hunt.

"sorry?"

"yeah, i'm gonna bring over about a dozen kids from africa" alex explained. "and, uh hey then surgeries. badly needed surgeries"
grace and lexie looked at each other and both smiled.

hunt told him that it was pretty ambitious and he was doubtful if alex was being serious or not.

grace began laughing, and lexie hit her arm to try and get her stop, but lexie just joined in laughing instead.

"oh, no sir it's a plan that i've uh been planning" alex told hunt, stuttering on his words slightly.

"okay, well good" owen said as he got ready to walk off. "let me know if i can help"

"right outta your butt" grace laughed, and so did lexie.

"shut up" alex snarled.

"you guys ready?" cristina asked, as she walked over to the three. "let's do this"

all of the residents decided to bring callie to sofia, her new daughter. so they got her equipped and pushed her over to the NICU.

they heard bailey shouted, so they all abruptly stopped. "back back back" jackson guided everyone. he then went out to go distract bailey.

they all really quickly pushed callie, whilst jackson was talking to bailey. they go her in successfully without being caught. they put her bed against the window, and then alex and april went in and moved sofia over to the other side of the window.

"we'll give you some privacy" meredith said, as they walked away.

a few weeks later...

"he solicited a patient for money" lexie told meredith, cristina and callie. meredith and cristina were sat on a bed and callie was pushing them. grace walked over to her friends and stood with them.

"oh, you honking now?" cristina asked him.

"no, my african kid thing" alex sighed.

"wait what" grace asked, with furrowed brows.

"he tried to get money off a patient" lexie sighed. "it's against so many rules" she scoffed.

"who cares?" he snapped. "the old hag could die, leaving my money to save dying children, but instead she'll leave it to her cat" he explained. "who probably hates her too" alex complained. "are you going to radiology?" he asked.

arizona rushed over to them. "uh, hey everybody off. now" she demanded, as they walked off confused.

more weeks later...

grace and jackson were standing talking at the nurses station. jackson was telling grace about the diabetes trial. alex then approached them and gave them a file.

"what's this?" jackson asked opening it.

"it's your kid" alex said. "your african kid"

"oh that's happening?" cristina asked.

"today?" grace added.

"tonight" he revealed. "the first group gets here tonight" he exclaimed. "i've been telling you this all week. look each of you gets your own kid. some of them will be travelling with family, a few of them are orphans, so you are in charge of your kid, right?" he explained. "you're like their ambassador" he said about to pass cristina a file.
"wait, you can't have her. you'd be awful to her" alex said shaking his head, grace and lexie started laughing. "donahue, you can have her" he sighed. you won't be rude"

alex looked through the files trying to figure out, which one to give cristina.

"he's melting down" grace laughed.

"train wreck" jackson said.

"evil spawn is now mother teresa"

jackson cristina and grace walked off, and alex shouted back to remind them to be there tonight.

later that day...

grace, jackson and lexie went to go help the african kids, since they had arrived. "i need a wheelchair" alex shouted holding a baby.

the baby began crying. "grace, lexie, avery" he said and they went to help bring them into the hospital.

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬, 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫