"𝐛𝐮𝐭, 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓

grace woke up, before jackson. it was around 6am. she gently slipped her body, from under his arm, and got out of bed.

she went into the bathroom and hopped into the shower and did the rest of her hygiene routine.

she walked back into the bedroom and put on some clothes, and grabbed her coat before getting into her car.

she drove over to a 24hr grocery store, and picked up some flowers. she then drove to get a coffee and a pastry to eat.

❀❀❀

she had arrived at her destination. she walked over and looked at all the names surrounding her, with the flowers in one hand, and her coffee and pastry in the other.

grace walked over to a very special name. lexie grey's. grace had gone to the cemetery to sit and think about how her life is going, and how much lexie had missed.

"hey, lex" grace said as she sat down next to the gravestone. "i brought you some flowers. purple- they're purple. your favourite" she smiled.

"this is probably really weird that i'm sat in a cemetery talking to a piece of stone, but i know you're listening, so i'm just gonna carry on" grace sighed. "i'm getting married" she nodded as he began to tear up.

"what we talked about is finally happening, it's just- well it's not right. you're supposed to be here as well" she sighed with tears rolling down her face.

"i wish you were here" grace expressed. "we all do. we all wish you were here, and mark of course, we wish he was here too"

grace spent a whole other hour, sat speaking to lexie's grave. she felt like she was back with her. like she was really listening to what she was saying. she would go whenever she had something big happening, and she would always leave flowers for her.

grace stood up, and kissed her two fingers and gently then placed them on the gravestone, before walking back to her car.

❀❀❀

"hey, how are you?" grace smiled, as she got home and placed her keys on the counter.

"yeah, i'm good" jackson nodded, turning around to face her. "where have you been?" he asked curiously.

"oh, i went to, uh, lexie's grave" grace nodded, as she sat down on the bar stool.

"oh, are you alright?" jackson asked grace, as he sat down next to her.

"yeah, of course" she replied with a smile on her face.

❀❀❀

grace and jackson had been at work for a few hours. grace didn't have anything to do, so she decided to go to the attendings lounge to start planning the wedding.

she was trying to work out, everything to do with the bridal party, and the groomsmen.

she then realized, she wasn't going to have her dad walk her down the aisle, or her best friend, lexie as her maid of honor.

she rested her head flat on the table and took a deep breath as she let a few single tears roll down her face. she heard someone walk in, so she quickly lifted her head back up and wiped away the tears. it was alex who walked in.

"hey" he said, as he flew the door open and sat down on a chair next to her. "are you alright?" he asked her noticing her red eyes.