"𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐝𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐞"- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6

"morning" grace smiled as she walked into the residents lounge. it was just her and lexie in there.

"hey, how was your evening?" lexie asked.

"long story, but i'll make it quick" grace said. "me and my mom had ww3, i spent 45mins crying, my brother finally told our parents about his job, jackson called me beautiful and stuck up to me to my mom, my mom came and said sorry and oh yeah me and jackson kissed" she explained, shrugging her shoulders.

"what!?" lexie exclaimed.

"which part" grace asked smiling.

"you and jackson kissed!?"

"shh" grace whispered.

"you and jackson" lexie whispered.

"yes um we got back to my place and we were walking and he called me beautiful and said i was perfect and then we kissed" she told her.

"do you like him!?" lexie asked.

"of course" grace sighed. "i always have, but i can't let anything happen, i can't ruin anything"

"well he definitely feels the same about you it seems" lexie smirked.

"you never know, it could've just been a spur of a moment thing" grace shrugged.

jackson walked into the residents lounge with charles. she felt bad kissing about her and jackson's kiss, since charles still liked her. but there was no harm if he never found.

"hey charles!" grace quickly shouted.

"uh hey" charles said quietly.
"hey grace" jackson smiled.

"mhm yeah hi" grace said
looking down, she wasn't good in these situations.

"how is everyone" lexie smiled, trying to make peace with awkwardness.

"good" jackson smiled.

"fine" charles bluntly said.

"uh robbins is paging me, i've um- i've got to go" grace said rushing out. finally she could breathe.

❀❀❀

"robbins you paged?" grace said rushing into sophie alexanders room.

"sophie has began vomiting, a lot more frequently. i need you to regularly check her heart rate. we will get her into surgery and remove the mass as soon as possible" arizona informed grace before walking out.

grace checked grace's heart rate. "okay, a little fast but nothing to worry about. everything seems okay for the moment but we do need to keep an eye on you sophie because we don't know what's going to happen"

"dr donahue..." a scared sophie asked.

"yes?" grace replied with a small smile.

"am i going to d-die" sophie asked between tears.

"aw sophie. unfortunately we aren't smart enough to know that yet. but right now if we can get you into that or as soon as possible and remove your tumour i'm sure everything will be fine" grace smiled.

"i'm s-scared" sophie admitted.

"it's okay to be scared, that's completely normal. but i need you to listen to me." grace said. "i promise we're going to work as hard as possible to get you better okay?" grace reassured her.

"okay" sophie said. "thank you dr donahue."

❀❀❀

grace then spoke to sophie's parents outside. "how is she!?" mrs alexander asked.