"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞. 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐞" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 42

grace and lexie just sat blankly looking at jackson, as he asked what grace needed to tell him.
"just that i'm definitely specialising in fetal and peds" grace smiled awkwardly, as she ran over to him to take his bag.

"what's up?" he chuckled. "why are you being so weird?"
"what?" grace scoffed. "i am not being weird. the real question is why are you being weird, huh?"

he looked at her and just stared trying to work her out, he then looked at lexie who just shrugged her shoulders.

"do you want anything?" grace quickly asked him. "i know, you want a beer" she said as she pointed a finger. "lexie would you come and help me" she asked, as she began walking to the kitchen, and lexie followed.

"grace you have to tell him" lexie whispered.
"i know" grace sighed. "i'll tell him later" she nodded.

❀❀❀

grace walked into her and jackson's bedroom, and saw him lying on the bed. he was in such a happy mood. "i need to tell you something" she sighed.
"okay" jackson smiled, as he put his phone down.

"my ex is in town" she admitted quickly. she didn't even think she just said.
"okay?" jackson asked confused by it all.

"he called me, asking if i missed him" she sighed shaking her head. "it's all so weird, do you not think?"

"not really" he said as he looked down at his phone. grace took in a deep breath. "jackson.." she sighed.

"grace, i don't understand what you want me to say" he snapped. "okay so your ex is in town, why does that affect us?"

"because he called me to tell me he was here" she yelled shaking her head. "you know what, fine. you weren't there and you don't know what happened. i know that something isn't right" she snapped, before storming off.

jackson got out of bed and followed her. "okay then elaborate, what's not right?" he asked her.

"i haven't spoken to the guy in 4 years, he also cheated on me with my old best friend. who he was in a relationship with last time i spoke to him" grace explained, as she took in a deep breath. "so it's just like"

"why now?" jackson said finishing her sentence and grace nodded. "look, i'm sorry for shouting before, i-"

"no don't apologize" grace smiled, as she cupped his face.

❀❀❀

grace didn't know how to handle the situation. she knew she had to find out what he wanted. so she decided to call the number back, and meet him at joe's.

she was worried about how this would all go down, but she thought it would be the easiest way.

grace told jackson that she was going to be working late, but instead she went to go meet him. she didn't want to tell him, because she knew he would tell her it was a bad idea or something along those lines. so she decided to do it in secret, what he didn't know couldn't hurt him or anything, right?

❀❀❀

grace walked into joe's bar, and took a deep breath. she looked straight ahead of her and there he was, daniel rivera.

he was tall and had dark brown hair, it was practically black, which was always perfectly styled. his 'charming' smile that made all the girls swoon. he was classic 'tall, dark and handsome' stereotype. grace rolled her eyes seeing him, and that sick feeling she had when he called came back.