𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

grace just landed in Seattle, she felt a fresh cool breeze mixed with light rainfall. this was her life now.

grace got into a cab and instructed the driver on where to go to get to her new apartment, that her parents bought her.

grace grew up on the upper east side of new york, she came from a wealthy family. grace loved new york, it was her favorite city, however, she hated her lifestyle, all her life she was told what to do and what not to do and she didn't have much of a say in decisions revolving around her.

that's why she was looking forward to a new life, where no one knew who she was.

grace looked around her new apartment, it was empty, so she called her mom and asked her where all her stuff was.

"hey mom." grace said as her mom picked up the phone.

"hello, i'm assuming you landed in Seattle?" her mother said.

"oh yeah sorry, i forgot to message you."

"that's fine, by the way, me and dad have decided it would be a good idea if luke came and stayed with you for a while," her mom said.

luke was grace's older brother by three years, he was very protective over grace, however, he was very much into parties and drinking and wasn't very serious.

"what mom? you can't just do that" grace complained.

"do what? it's the safest thing for you, sweetie. anyway, he's coming tomorrow so be there to pick him up" she explained.

"mom this is my life and my apartment you can't invite people over. also i don't have a car right now so i can't pick him," grace said, rolling her eyes thankful that she couldn't see her.

"uh that's fine we can send a car" she suggested.

"mom no just stop okay. i don't want you to keep interfering in my life"

"stop being so dramatic" grace's mom snarled. "anyway i have to go i have an appointment, i'll call you later"

"mom i'm busy but if i have a chance i'll answer" grace explained.

"okay then bye, i'll message you!" her mom said before hanging up.

grace put her phone down on the side and realized that she was meant to call her mom to ask her about her furniture.

"ugh great" she said to herself rolling her eyes, picking her phone back up.

"hey mom i forgot to-," she said before she got cut off.

"grace what is it now i told you i'm busy, i have an appointment."

"i know but none of my furniture or anything is here, when is it coming?" grace asked.

"oh tomorrow with luke, so he can help you" her mom explained.

"mom! what do you expect me to sleep on? or eat with?" grace complained.

"we'll work that out yourself. like I said I have an appointment I have to go." her mom said ending the call very quickly.

❀❀❀

Grace woke up early this Sunday morning. she got a hotel for the night since she has none of her things.

She had one spare pair of clothes and underwear with her, so she got into that, she then got her toothbrush and toothpaste out of her bag and brushed her teeth, and then splashed her face with cold water.

she called a cab and went to the airport to meet her brother, she saw him coming towards her and he shouted out her name.

"grace!" he called out running over. "hey how are you!?"

"yeah I'm fine" grace replied removing her sunglasses, that she had on to cover her eye bags.

"Woah you look -yikes" luke joked.

"oh shut it. mom had the stuff coming today and I got here yesterday" grace said rolling her eyes. "also what do you plan to do living with your little sister?"

"erm, I don't know. look after you." he replied.

"okay we both know that's not going to happen, plus I'm 28 I don't need looking after," she said rolling her eyes once again. "we both know your life will consist of being a 30-year-old man partying all the time like you always do."

"that's cause I'm the fun one" he laughed.

"no, I actually have a stable career path, which means I'll have a stable life"

"tell me when was the last time you had fun?" luke asked.

"um- not long ago," grace said nervously.

"ha! it's been too long, I will settle down eventually but for now, when I'm still young I want to have fun"

"luke.. most 30-year-olds are married by now," she said to him.

"Whatever, you just can't face the fact I'm the fun sibling" he laughed again.

"come on we have to go. you have to help me with my apartment okay?" grace said.

"I'm living there too" luke defended himself.

"not for long. you need to get your own place soon. I'm not having my apartment turn into some sort of bachelor pad, where you bring a different girl home every night. also, I'll be working random shifts and I will need my sleep okay?" I stated.

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞-𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭.  𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 <3

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓: 864