Ch.14 Fried Chicken

Genevieve stumbled down the stairs, just barely catching her footing. Her heart pumped fast in her chest, it felt as if it were about to burst out of her rib cage. She couldn't decide if she was more scared of what she had just witnessed or worried to the point where she felt like going back upstairs to her mate. His words, were the only thing Genevieve could hear. She brushed the tears off of her cheeks, as she made her decision to listen to her mate.

The hallway was dark, making it hard for her to see. She didn't have the time to fumble for a light switch, as she quickly made her way down the hall to the furthest door. As soon as Genevieve touched the double lock on the door, she knew what door she stood before. She cursed the damn door in her head as she had to use more of her strength to unlock the second lock on the wooden door. With a click the door opened. Genevieve stepped in the dark room fast, knowing it was definitely a safer choice then running out of the house.

Upstairs Remy struggled to get off the bed and into the connected bathroom. The blood hadn't stopped running from his nose and ears, yet to his greatness the severe pain had reduced to a minimum. The transformation had stopped within seconds. The beast within him felt guilty for scaring Genevieve, his mate. Remy had been pushing the beast back ever since he met Genevieve.

Remy finally made it into the bathroom, followed by him getting into the shower. He hurried to wash off all his blood, before soaping up real quick so he could get out and check on his mate. He had focused on where her steps led, when she ran out of the room. He wasn't mad when he heard her go into that room, he was just glad she hadn't run off into the dark night.

***** Genevieve's POV ****

I tried not to touch or focus on anything in the room. I remember how frustrated Remy was when he caught me yesterday walking out of this forbidden room. I have been rooted to the same spot for at least fifteen minutes. To go upstairs and check on Remy wasn't an option anymore, as I heard light footsteps descend down his wooden staircase.

Á knock on the door, sounded through out the dark room, followed by Remy's deep voice. "Genevieve baby, you can come out now."

I didn't even have to think about it. I hurried to the door and unlocked it. Remy wrapped his large arms around me as soon as I stepped out of the room. I practically threw myself at him, my hands clutching his cotton pajama shirt, face burrowed into his chest. I could hear his slow heartbeat within his chest. We stood in the hallway, embracing each other after such a terrifying moment for the both of us. My hands roamed the front of his chest timidly. I think I was searching for some type of reassurance, that he was OK.

Without saying any words Remy led me back upstairs, into the bedroom. The bed was freshly made with new sheets. Remy pulled back the covers on the left side of the bed for me. Seeing as I already had my pajamas on, I got on to the massive bed. Remy did the same, placing a soft kiss on my forehead afterwards turning off the lamp on his bed side table. He might have tried to conceal it but I definitely took notice in how he scooted far off to his side, practically balancing himself on the edge.

"You d-don't- ... R-remy can you just h-hold me?" It sounded pathetic but I couldn't have cared less in that moment. I wasn't ready to let him go.

Within second I was wrapped in his large arms, my face tucked into the crook of his neck. "Sorry, baby."

Without replying, I kissed his cold neck, snuggling deeper into his embrace. I knew that what happened tonight would just be added to the other conversations we still had to have. This was my second night with Remy and I didn't plan on leaving him anytime soon.

.

.

.

The sunlight beamed through the large windows of our bedroom. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, before taking a glance to my right. Remy sat on his side of the bed, his back resting against the headboard while he read a book.

"I didn't know you like to read." I concluded, getting out of bed so I could brush my teeth.

"There is still a lot of stuff we don't know about each other and that's why we should go on a date tonight." He smiled, walking into the large bathroom.

"Sounds good. What did you have in mind?" I asked, afterwards brushing my teeth slowly so I didn't get toothpaste all over my face.

Remy sat behind me on the edge of the large bathtub. "I want you to choose, we'll do whatever it is you want."

As I continued to brush my teeth, I thought over what we could do. I wasn't really into the cliche movie and dinner or the theme park date. Not that I had ever been on one of those dates, it just didn't seem like something I'd enjoy for a first date. I mean during a movie you actually have to be quiet the whole time, so how are you supposed to get to know your date. And theme parks just weren't my thing. I got dizzy just going on your normal swing set. (A/N: True fact, I actually get dizzy from swing sets even if I swing pretty slow -.-)

"I going to assume your skin isn't sensitive to the sun if you like in Maui..." I looked at him through the mirror, after rinsing my mouth. Vampires were known to have sensitive skin but it wasn't like in the twilight saga where their skin sparkled like little diamonds.

"It doesn't bother me, I'm actually a life guard down at the beach." Remy grinned, showing of his pearly whites.

I quickly began to comb through my hair, after putting lotion on.

"We should go down to the beach and I'll cook dinner when we get back." I offered, looking over my shoulder to see his reaction.

"You can cook?" Remy asked, looking genuinely curious.

"I'm not a five star chef or anything like that but I can prepare a few things." Only things my dads taught my but that should be enough, I thought to myself.

"What's your best meal that you can make, I bet it's de-"

"Please do not say deep fried chicken." I moaned in distaste, as I put everything back in it's place.

Remy began to laugh, the loud sound filling my ears. He looked so amused, balancing his large form on the edge of the tub. "That is definitely not what I was going to say." He started. "I was going to say; I bet it's delicious whatever you make."

"Oh, well then ..." I smiled embarrassed, walking out of the bathroom, passing a laughing Remy on my way.

I really thought he was going to say deep fried chicken. It wouldn't be the first time someone had assumed just because I was black that I only ate fried chicken, watermelon and drunk grape flavoured kool aid.

I walked over to the large window, ignoring Remy's laugh that drifted from the bathroom into the bedroom. "It wasn't that funny, Remy!" I yell, although I couldn't hide my own smile.

His muscled arms embraced me from behind, his chest pressed against my back. "You have to admit it was kinda funny, Genevieve."

"A little, now lets forget about it." I pouted, embarrassment still fully in my system.

"That we shall." He murmured into my neck with a small chuckle.

"Then stop smiling and smirking."

"I can't help it, baby! When I'm around you I have to smile." He smirked, turning me around in his arms and kissing me passionately.

***********

That is actually not what I planned but it just happened :D It's a short chapter but I hoped you liked it!

Dedication goes to the lovely @weeklytrish for being an amazing fan. Thank you so much for voting and commenting! :)