26

chapter twenty-six

       THE DELECTABLE SCENT OF freshly baked bread wafted through the air, surrounding the joyous girl that bounded back to the same clearing from yesterday

       THE DELECTABLE SCENT OF freshly baked bread wafted through the air, surrounding the joyous girl that bounded back to the same clearing from yesterday. Since her ship had been mostly packed last night, Amora had some time this morning to attempt a recipe that she'd always known but never tried; five-blossom bread. It was a valiant attempt to create her own version of the recipe with repurposed travel biscuits and Yoda's cupboards, but she didn't exactly have the right ingredients to make it taste good. She was at least fully confident her bread was better than the original travel biscuits.

       There was a strong possibility that Amora was subconsciously stalling her exit, as she technically could've left early that morning if she really wanted to, but then again, maybe she just really liked baking.

       Artoo's enthusiastic sounds of encouragement in the distance alerted her that she was close. By now, Amora had no trouble navigating the wildlife of Dagobah. She followed the sounds of Artoo with ease while keeping the tray of bread level.

       "Concentrate..." Yoda's voice sounded from nearby. "Feel the Force flow. Yes... good. Calm, yes."

       Amora was starting to get some serious déjà vu from yesterday. Nevertheless, she continued on, just like before, finally taking the last few steps that led to the clearing.

       The first thing she noticed was Artoo floating above her head nervously, chattering a little too fast for her to make anything out. She furrowed her eyebrows as the droid bobbled up and down.

       "Uh..."

       Her gaze dropped to ground-level to find Luke doing more handstands, using the Force to stay composed, while Yoda watched from the sidelines (probably trying to stay away from the prone-to-falling Luke).

       Why was she even surprised?

       But only then did she notice that, not only was Artoo levitating, but also all of her supplies that she still needed to pack.

       "Hey, put my stuff down!" she cried out with a fake irritation, quickly setting down her tray on one of the grounded crates near her.

       She wasn't worried about breaking his concentration. If anything, she was glad to "contribute a challenge" to his training. And she wasn't actually irritated by the situation. Above everything else, she was absolutely proud of his talents (and also terribly impressed).

       Luke, similarly, wasn't as concerned about breaking concentration or mishandling her things. He was intent on not screwing up this time in front of her. With a deep breath, he shakily lifted the objects a few inches higher.

       "Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future... the past. Old friends long gone."

       The effort must've become too much to handle. Whatever he was seeing was beyond his expectations. All at once, his arms began to shake from the endeavor.