25

chapter twenty-five

       "THAT WAS SOME SHOW back there," Amora spoke casually to break the ice

She emerged from the tree line after her talk with Yoda to find Luke up near the ship. He was probably trying to see how much fixing it actually needed, because there was no way it was ready to fly after being completely emerged in water.

Her comment didn't seem to go over well as Luke sighed bitterly while removing some of the water weeds from the ship's wing. He wasn't bothered by Amora, just bothered by the reminder that he messed up.

She joined him on the opposite end of the ship, keeping a natural distance while still remaining close. Yet even with a moderate gap between them, Luke could sense that something was off about her. Something about her emotions were wavering and upset. But he didn't say anything, hoping that she'd bring it up herself.

"Y'know, I'm still impressed," she glanced over at him out of the corner of her eye while opening up a compartment to drain some water.

He hadn't stopped moving, but his actions slowed down considerably while he listened to her speak. Amora could've sworn she saw a hint of a blush creep up on his cheeks, but she was used to it by now and pretended like she didn't notice, for his sake.

"I know it's not easy to use the Force," she went on, attempting to sound indifferent. "I saw the way you lifted that rock earlier. I don't think you give yourself enough credit."

"Yeah, all that before I fell," he replied with disappointment laced in his voice.

Amora's face went blank with disbelief. Was he serious? Acting like lifting objects with your mind was an everyday occurrence? Tatooine wasn't that progressive.

"Gimme a break," she rolled her eyes sarcastically, letting her arms fall to her sides as she fully faced him.

Is this what it was like for other people dealing with her?

"You probably did that flawlessly a thousand times before," she assured him the best she could without any real insight on if he actually could. But she truly believed it. "I'm sure Artoo can vouch."

Right on cue, the droid let out a pattern of confirming beeps from by the shore. Amora pulled on a smug smile and raised her eyebrow while motioning to Artoo.

"See?"

Luke was too generally cheerful of a person to skillfully hide his small smile. Amora and Artoo were a handful when they were together and had developed the habit of teaming up against him.