04

chapter four

       THE BLAZING HEAT OF the Tatooine desert was not missed by Amora

The cantina wasn't air conditioned by any means, but it had provided a nice shelter from the planet's blistering suns. She had almost forgotten about the dry air sweeping through the outpost, blowing sand into unsuspecting eyes, but she certainly remembered now. Stepping outside was like stepping directly into the lava of Mustafar, only much more uncomfortable and inconvenient. At least stepping into lava would provide a quick, easy death. Tatooine only tortured you until you wished there was lava.

Amora raised her hand to cover her face from the rays as the trio quickly hurried away from the cantina as fast as they could. If they were noticed by any stormtroopers, then this whole deal would be for nothing.

"You'll have to sell your speeder," Obi-Wan informed Luke, using his hand to shield himself from what his hood couldn't cover.

"That's okay, I'm never coming back to this planet again," Luke replied from over Amora's shoulder. The group stayed tightly knit.

They took a few more steps before Amora spotted the droids.

"Artoo! Threepio!" she called over to them without breaking stride. "C'mon!"

Artoo turned around at the sound of his name and beeped in delight. Threepio still didn't hear her.

Amora laughed at Artoo's response. "Yes, Artoo. We're heading to Alderaan!"

She turned back around to face where she was walking, expecting the droids to follow.

They walked about a minute longer to Luke's speeder, Amora falling behind him. He sighed as he placed his hands on the side of its exterior.

"How am I supposed to get someone to buy this?" he asked as he looked up at Obi-Wan, a slight whine in his voice.

Amora scanned the crowd around them, searching for anyone that could be eyeing the speeder. She suddenly noticed the loud alien from earlier, the one who was interested in buying. He had a wide, slimy face and stood across the main path in a small group of humans.

Before Obi-Wan could answer, Amora stood on her tiptoes and placed a hand on Luke's shoulder. Leaning forward she whispered into his ear and pointed forward, "Something tells me that slimeball over there would love to buy it off you."

She felt Luke tense under the close proximity and held his breath until she moved away. Amora smirked at his reaction and resisted the urge to laugh. She pushed him forward when he didn't move.

"Yeah, okay..." he breathed out as he walked forward, leaving her with Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan chuckled at their interaction, stepping towards the wall of the building next to them in order to stay out of the way. She followed him without thinking.