22

chapter twenty-two

       AMORA HADN'T PLANNED TO wake up that morning pressed close to the chest of her maybe-friend and enveloped in his warm arms, but she definitely wasn't complaining

       AMORA HADN'T PLANNED TO wake up that morning pressed close to the chest of her maybe-friend and enveloped in his warm arms, but she definitely wasn't complaining. Maybe now, he wouldn't be so awkwardly rigid about sleeping across the room from each other.

       But that hope vanished quickly when she decided to wriggle out of his grasp before he could notice, but not because she didn't want him to notice. She just happened to be more concerned with finding Yoda as soon as she could and kindly ask him to take a break from training for the day because of last night's events.

       Okay, maybe "kindly ask" wasn't exactly accurate, but it's the thought that counts.

       Either way, she forced herself out of the comfortable position to talk with him, knowing that he always woke up early to get a head start on his personal schedule.

       Now, when she found him outside, Yoda initially didn't want to give Luke the day off, but after a frustrated Amora gave him a piece of her mind in the form of an angry rant, waking up the whole house before sunrise, he decided that Luke deserved a well-earned break.

       Of course, the Jedi master wasn't at all intimidated by the young commander, not by a long shot. He didn't cave because he felt threatened by her or taken aback by her rant. He caved because of the obvious devotion she wore on her sleeve, the love he'd seen most recently in the eyes of Luke's parents. Her adoration was no secret, nor was his, and he didn't even need to feel it through the Force. She cared for him more than she would ever let on. While Luke could push through struggles and possibly benefit from the experience, he didn't want to put any extra emotional weight on Amora. She was stressing herself for his well-being far too much. All through the night, he could feel her constant worries through the Force. She needed a break.

       But that didn't mean he was letting Luke off the hook completely. Even though there would be no training for physical strength or Force control, he would still be required to keep up his daily meditation. Yoda had sent him out away from the house, away from "distractions," to sort out his thoughts and clear his mind. That was probably for the best, too. Plus, it also gave Amora the perfect opportunity to plan and execute a tranquil evening for the four of them.

       And after deciding what she wanted to plan, she spotted Yoda idling in front of the water, sitting down at the edge of his house's wooden platform and staring up at the sky. He didn't appear to be mediating, like he usually did, but just simply relaxing. This was probably the most eventful week he'd had in a while, meaning his energy must've been tested. She didn't blame him for practicing self-care when he got the chance.