Chapter 24

• Dedicated to to my parents :) I love you Maa and paa <3

The guests had arrived after exact five minutes of mine mother's alerting us.

My parents and Miny Bua were welcoming them and making them feel comfortable.

You may think whose this Miny bua. That my friend, is the one who brought this so called golden opportunity of marrying your daughter to an NRI to my parents.

I don't even know or remember how is Miny bua my bua. I know that she is related to us because our long long and long ancestors were relatives.

Don't ask me how complicated it is.  Whenever I go to my native place suddenly out of nowhere and on every street people arrive and greet you with these words "beta pahachana apne sharma uncle ko?"(Daughter, did you recognise your dear Sharma uncle?) As if he was my long lost dear uncle.

"Yaad he ki nahi? Do saal ki thi tum jab tumhe inhi kandho par bithake chocolate khilwane Bablu uncle ke dukan le jate the!"(Do you remember or not? I used to carry you on my shoulder and take you to Bablu's shop for chocolates when you were two year old!)  What do you think about me a super human or 'Abhimanyu' from Mahabharata who learned the master plan from his mother's womb? How would I remember the whole story when I couldn't even talk properly!

And at all the functions you have to touch everyone's feet no matter if you recognize or not and no matter if your hips break. But the positive side was you get lots of good blessings from your elders which was the golden opportunity.

So Miny bua was one of them who was related to my father somehow. Other than being a housewife, her part time job was being a mediator.

She had made so many matches I mean marriages that she was famous in the town. And my parents felt lucky to have her as our relative.

She was the reason why my sweet Sonal dee was a nerve wreck.

"Ashu, what do you think? How would it go? Would they like me?" Sonal dee was nerve wreck right now. This was the first time she was facing it.

"Don't worry Dee, who can resist liking you? You are so sweet and nice." I smiled

"You sure?" She asked looking at me

I took her hands in mine and said "The one person that god has made for you will cherish you with his whole heart and soul. He will like you for who you are. He would also treasure your faults. And if that person is the one sitting in our home right now then no one can stop him from liking you" I gave a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh god, I didn't even realise when my piddi grew up and became so mature." Sonal dee exclaimed and acted like sniffing

I rolled my eyes at silly act. At least this was something that was diverting her attention somewhere else.

The phone ring of mine phone invaded our teasing and I searched for where I had kept it.

I saw it on Sonal dee's bed and picked it up.