Chapter 37 (Not edited)

This chapter is dedicated to India's daughter Nirbhaya ( Damini) who fought bravely on Dec 16 2012

We salute you Damini! You will always be remembered as a hero.

"So, what's up everyone?" Soniya asked. Her voice still had the British accent that we used to tease sometime. It was not that we didn't like it but who misses a chance to tease your cousins! We were all gathered up in my room after dinner to catch up with all the things happening in our lives except Vyaan who was off to bed in my parent's bedroom. Little Navya had pleaded with her mother to let her stay up for some more time.

"As you can see, there is another of our generation getting shackled." Rahul bhaya joked.

"And he is an NRI like you" Dhristi dee added.

"Ahh...I heard about it from Mom" Niya replied.

"He is Ammeican" Navya pipped in.

"Its 'American' Navya" Sonal dee corrected her.

"Oh look, someone is being protective." Niya teased and nudged dee.

"What protective? I am just correcting her pronunciation." Sonal dee rolled her eyes. This is made everyone laugh.

"Show me some pics!" Niya demanded.

"Give me a sec!" I rushed to my table to bring my laptop.

I turned it on and showed her the pics.

"Ah Dashing han" Niya again teased Dee.

"Ashu, show her the specs one. You will drool over that!" Dhristi dee said.

"Dhristi! There are children here!" Sonal dee chided.

"Aww...someone is jealous" Bhabi grinned.

"Bhabi, you were supposed to be on my side." Sonal dee pouted.

I showed her the picture where Kratik jiju was wearing specs and like Dhristi dee said Niya drooled over it.

"You are all acting like he is some model." Sonal dee complained.

"Good idea dee! I must ask bhaya to join modeling." I clapped my hands in astonishment. I was faking it.

"What!! No! I-I mea-mean he loves his job." Sonal dee blabbered.

"Sonal, you are so cute!" Neha bhabi pinched.

"Chidalo jitna chidana he. Jab me chali jaungi tab miss karte rahana."(Tease me as much as you want. Once I leave, you will all keep missing me.) Sonal dee cheekily said.

I closed my laptop and stood up to place it on the table. I just stood in front of the table, biting my lips. She didn't know what she had said. She was entering a new life, a new phase. She was being bonded with new relationship and somehow leaving her past behind. And I was the part of past. She was going to move to America, without me.

Who was going to watch Shahrukh Khan's movies with ice cream late at night when I was upset? Who was going to be there to hide my mischief? Who was going to be like my second mom?

A tear slipped on to my cheek.

"Aesha?" Neha bhabi asked.

She was by my side in a second. I tried to wipe the tear away but she caught me.She took me in her arms.

"Hey, what happened sweety?"

I just shook my head.

"Ashu, baccha." Dee turned me to face her.