Chapter 23

Thank you so much for over 10K reads!

I never thought my story would be appreciated this much.

Dedicated to Romance for all the help Wattpad provided to me :)

Through this chapter, I have no intention of hurting anyone. If I did so then I am sorry.

Please read my story Centuries love.

Not edited.

The picture above is the dress and saree that I mentioned Aesha and Sonal wore respectively. I found them on internet. 

I had no words or should I say I had no answer about when did we grew up to be so old.

The scene before me was what every common Indian family would have experienced. If any family in India hasn't experienced this then maybe they are the new race developed due to evolution.

My house was cleaned to dazzle like diamond. Not a single corner was left where you could find dust.

I was in awe to stare my family running here and there.

"Ashu! Why are you staring in space like a fool? Go get ready. They would be coming soon!" Maa shouted with hands on her hips.

She was wearing a simple and traditional red silk saree that had tribal art designs called madhubani art on it. She was looking gorgeous with her semi pale skin tone.

"Aesha Dixit! Now!" Maa was already frustrated with all the works.

"Why do I have to dress up like a barbie doll?" I questioned

"This girl never listens!" Her frustration was talking." Just do as I say"

"But-" I protested

"Go now!"

I sulked my way to my room and found my beautiful Black Anarkali suit led down on the bed ironed properly.

Beside the bed, on my table was my laptop tempting me to open it and divulge in my fantasy world.

But I knew no matter how tempting it was, I had to be there to support her and also I didn't want to suffer my mother's wrath.

I freshened up and then changed into the Anarkali suit and brushed my hair.

I was not the make up kind girl. I didn't even prefer to wear bangles during function. I only preferred earings and my cute wrist watch.

But I had no plans to wear watch at home or change my earings.

I went to door next to my room and knocked it.

"Come in" Sonal dee's voice came from inside the room.

Of course it would be her as it was her room.

I opened the door and slowly made my way into the room.

There I saw my dee looking like a Barbie doll but she was Indian Barbie doll. Draped in a light pink Saree and with matching bangles and earrings in her hands and her usual heart shaped gold locket in her neck, she looked completely different from my sister. I could see a young lady in her.

"Oh dee!" I ran and hugged her from back and tears flowed out of my eyes.

"Ashu! Kya hua?(what happened)" Dee asked frantically.

"You grew up!" I shouted dramatically

"Huh?" Her face twisted in a frown.

"Dee you do look very beautiful in saree but now I can see a lady in you and I don't want to lose my Nakchadi sister!" And I sobbed.

I didn't know why I was behaving like crazy. May be the truth about growing up was scary when I saw it with my own eyes.

"Meri pagal bahan!(My crazy sister) Do you think if I were a saree, I will be an old fellow and not your sister anymore? Let me remind you Pidi you also wore a saree in Rishi bhaya's marriage" she lightly knocked my head

I pulled back and scratched my heads

"Umm.. True"

"So Aesha, whats all this drama? Huh?" Dee raised a brow

"You are asking that? You! The person who is the centre of all of this?" I asked feigning surprise.

"Dumbo, Its not like I am leaving home today or I will be married of in an hour. They are just coming to see me only and it's normal for all girls. One day you will also go through this" Sonal dee smiled

How could she take this calmly? Okay maybe I was over reacting. Like she said it is normal for all Indian girls.

It all starts like buying a mobile phone. There are various way you can a buy a phone from Internet, shops, etc.

The same way their are various ways you can get marriage proposals like from internet, local shops here are the mediators or pandits.

Like a mobile phone you have so many brands,Models to choose from the proposals also have brands that is caste, religion, Qualification, Family status, etc.

Pandit ji will show you the catalogue of photos containing suitable grooms or brides after your filter search.

Some places have tradition that boy visits girls house and some opposite of it. But all in all they come to see the products they are going to be tied till death.

I am not against arrange marriage. I cannot ever be because if it hadn't been there then maybe my parents would have never met and where could I get so nice parents?

Arrange marriage itself is an adventure of finding love and in my parents case they did.

What I don't understand is why would a girl need to do so much make up and wear very nice clothes. I mean you are going to marry her not her make up or clothes.

Everyday you are going to see her normal face then why not see it from the start? Try to see the good values in her, try to see her heart not her face. Marry her, not her body.

"Pidi! Where have you gone again?" Sonal dee brought me out of my so called thesis on Arranged marriage.

"Sorry, spaced out!" I guiltily smiled.

"Is there someone I don't know about?" Sonal dee wiggled her eyebrows with a sly smile.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered taken a back. At that moment, Arnav's name flashed and I blushed red.

"Oh pidi! You are so cute when you blush!" Sonal dee pinched my cheek

"Dee!" I whinned

"Okay, okay sorry. I was just kidding. Better?"

I nodded my head.

"Sonal, Aesha! Be ready, they will be here in five minutes!" Maa shouted.

"Okay" I replied back.

"Lets get done with it" Sonal dee sighed

So do you have your moment of craziness? Have you experienced what Aesha is facing? What do you think is next?

Remember to comment, vote and follow :)