Chapter 41 (not edited)

"Lo agayi madam, pura dhindora pitke?" (Here comes the girl in a sarcastic way.)

Was universe playing some joke on me? Chachi's tone clearly indicated it was no happy matter.

How many surprises was I destined to get today?

"Chachi, aap kya bol rahi he?"(What are you saying, Aunt?) I asked and looked around to find everyone sitting in the living room even my father and sister. What were they doing here? It was office time.

Also my two little cousins could not be seen.

"Kyun betaji apko pata nahi? Ya na pata hone ka natak kar rahi he?" (You don't know? Or are you acting?) Why was Chachi always in filmy mode?

"Bas karo Choti bahu!"(Enough, daughter in law) My Dadaji shouted.

This made her back away but not before giving me a glare.

I looked at Dee and she didn't meet my eyes. She was nervous about something.

My mother was siting with my dadi and my dadi was holding my mother's hands in a consoling manner. Maa was crying.

I quickly ran towards my mother and sat down on the floor in front of her.

"Mamma, what happened? Why are you crying?" I panicked.

She didn't reply or looked at me.

"Kya hua koi batayega mujhe!"(someone please tell me what's the matter!) I asked frustrated. This was killing me.

"Aesha, kya ye tum ho?" I saw my father showing a picture on my mother's mobile phone.

I went closer and looked at it carefully. A gasp escaped from my lips. I couldn't believe it would come out like this. I wanted to tell them myself.

It was a photo of myself and Arnav holding hands and standing closer. The photo loudly shouted that it was an intimate moment.

"Aesha, is that you?" It was Dadaji this time.

A tear escaped my eyes. It was not meant to happen this way. This cannot be happening.

I couldn't meet their eyes. I just nodded and looked at the floor.

A few seconds later, my cheeks felt stinging pain and my hand automatically raised forward and rubned that place.

I looked up to see it was my Chachi and her hand responsible for the pain. More tears escaped.

"Cha-"

"Chup! Sharam nahi ayi tujhe! Apne saath saath apne pariwar ka muh kala karte hue?" (Are not you ashamed of yourself? You put down your and your family's respect)

"Choti Bahu! Your Papaji is still here and her parents too. You don't have any right to take any steps regarding Aesha." It was my Dadi. She may be a soft lady but when the time comes she can be strict too.