Chapter 25

• Dedicated to to my lovely dee! Love you Lisha dee <3

The storm had somehow settled and now everyone was talking about lighter topics. Though you could feel the tension in air.

"Kratik beta, if you want to ask some questions to Sonal, please do." Miny bua said eagerly.

She wanted this marriage to happen. It would not only add up to her reputation in society but also in our family. Why do people forget about their children in front of society? Was reputation everything? Didn't happiness matter?

"I think it would be better if we send these two to talk alone, isn't it?" Mrs. Crazy said rather ordered. She was getting on my nerves.

"Of course! Aesha beta, go take Sonal and Kratik to your room" Miny bua ordered.

Why was everyone ordering today? And why aren't they letting my parents to decide?

I looked at papa and mamma and only after they nodded I stood up and took Sonal dee's hand in mine.

"Come Kratik ji" I gestured him to follow us.

I led them to my room which I had clean early today.

I asked him to sit on bed but he took a chair and sat down.

Me and Sonal dee settled on the bed.

"You have always been in India?" Kratik ji asked

"Yes" Sonal dee politely replied.

"Do you always wear Indian clothes?" He asked again

"I do" Sonal dee looked up at him

"How come? I mean the world has moved on and you are still old fashioned? Your sister even wears western clothes" He said a little bit rudely.

"How do you know I wear western clothes?" I asked keeping control

He gestured towards my iron table which held a pair of black jeans.

I nodded but didn't stop myself giving him a piece of my mind.

"Wearing Indian clothes doesn't make anyone old fashioned. So what if I wear it but not my dee? We are two different persons. We have our choices. Now a days even people from America wear Indian clothes and bangles and mang tikka."

"That's different" He said with a bored tone

"How come, please explain it?" I angrily asked.  Sonal dee grabbed my hand and indicated me to stop.

"They are learning about our culture. Its new for them" He stared angrily at me

"So if they wear it is a proud moment because they are wearing your country's clothes but if an Indian wears, she is old fashioned? How is that a justice?" I was seething.

'Don't you feel proud?" He asked tilting his head.

"I do! I am proud of that but I do not have old fashioned thinking like you" I shouted.How dare he say I am not proud of mine motherland!

"Ashu!" Sonal dee grasped my hand tightly.

"No its totaly fine, its good to see that how different both of you are" He cracked a smile.

What were we, a science experiment?

"It's not for you I stopped. I stopped her for my sister. I respect her thoughts but I do not want her to waste her energy on useless things" Sonal did said chin up.

My eyes widened to see this change in Sonal dee. My sweet pie was gone and here was standing a lady, fighting for her rights. I couldn't be more proud of her than ever.

I smiled at her though her attention was on Kratik.

Kratik nodded his head and went back the way we came.

Sonal dee looked at me nervously.

"What did I do! Now he is going to say something bad to papa and mamma" Sonal dee fidgeted.

"Dee calm down, nothing bad will happen. Papa and mamma knows you very well. They know you wouldn't say something like that without a reason." I comforted her.

"But-"

"No buts. Let's go down"

I pulled her with me downstairs. We found everyone sitting silently.

"Sonal beta, did you both talk well?" Miny bua asked eagerly.

Sonal dee didn't reply anything. She just kept looking at the floor and her hand had a tight grasp on mine.

" Kratik beta do you want to ask something more?" My father asked

"No" Kratik looked at my dee and his eyes held something that was confusing.

"Kratik, what do you think about our Sonal?" Miny bua asked expectedly. Her eyes were eide and glowing just like a small child.

No matter what I said, I was scared. He hadn't made any commotion till now. It was like a silence before a storm. I didn't want my dee to be scolded. I don't mind whatever anyone says to me.

I was scared about my Dee's future, her happiness and her life.

Kratik stared at Sonal dee who was a nerve wreck. "I think she is nice"

Like a whiplash,Sonal dee's head jerked up and stared widely at Kratik.

I think my expression was same as Sonal dee.

"Kratik betta, what should we think of it?" His father asked and there was a hint of smile on his face.

From the whole meeting, it was clear that he wanted my dee as his daughter in law.

"I like her" Kratik ji's face turned into a small smile.

Sonal dee was still in shock. Whereas I was gasping like a fish.

So what do you think? Is it a shock for you all also? What do you think, why he said he liked her? Let me know what you think.

Don't forget to vote to support Aesha and Arnav's love story and maybe Kratik and Sonal's. No one can predict what happens in future ;)