chapter 34

*The chapter contains some emotional and sensitive things. If you have lost someone and you are unable to endure the pain after reading then please do no read this as I know what it feels to lose someone*

On september 7th 2015, I lost my Nanaji/ Grandpa. He wanted me to be a doctor but I am sad that I couldn't fulfill that wish. His advises that were too precious. Due to this, I was MIA from Wattpad. Some of you who read my message board already know this.

----------------------------------
#Not Edited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know whether I should be awed with the silence and greenery of the place or saddened to realise what place it was. I was confused whether to praise the art work of the structures present or to be upset to know what meaning they held.

Most people at this stage would have considered that their boyfriend, if thats what he is, would take the girl to a beautiful place where a dinner table with romantic candles and rice lights is arranged in the middle of the forest. Just like out of books and movies.

But how did I forget, he was Arnav, a whole mystery from another universe. He always does everything differently.

I still don't know how his brain works and I think I needed to find that out soon.

"Arnav, wh-where are we?" I asked

"A cemetry" He rolled his eyes.

It was hard and scary to be standing infront of a cemetery with fast approaching evening. The more frightening thing was, at the back of mind I knew, this could become a future of one of my loved ones and even me.

"Death is inevitable" but to accept this is scary. Also blame it on all those horror movies and books I read till now.

Should I be happy that it was a Hindu Cemetry, so no chance of zombie popping out to eat me alive? Yay, Aesha! So positive of you!

"And why are we here?" I asked stuttering.

"Come with me" His tone was grave now. He himself was afraid to face something.

He took my hand and led the way forward. We passed by different structures, some looked like temples, some like tomb, some were made of marbles, some from simple cement. All these structures had writing above them with the name of the person for whom these memorials were made.

After walking a while, we reached a structure which was magnificent than others. It was made in Rajasthani style and had a royal look made up of marbles.

I studied it for a moment and then looked back at Arnav. His eyes held unshed tears and he was gazing at one place intensely. I followed his gaze and found a writing on it.

"In loving memory of Aradhna Roy"

Aradhna Roy, I had never heard this name from Arti dee or Arnav. But I had a feeling that she was Arnav's Mother.

"Arnav?" I called softly and squeezed my hands.

He looked back at me and I saw all those sadnesss he had in his eyes like an open window.