Chapter 32

Not edited... Dedicated to my Maa :) Amazing Cover made by  @ziya_soni

Monday was finally here. I had a mix feeling about Mondays, the sadness of not getting to sleep late and the happiness to meet your friends.

There was a popular saying that I remembered "When I say I miss school it means I miss my friends not the school actually".

For me it was true to a certain extent. I had a good relationship with my teachers and I liked studying so I did miss school.

After finishing my regular routine before school, I marched out towards school. I had every intention to stay out of Arnav's way. I was not ready to face him, not now, not ever.

And luck was in my favor, we had theory class in biology so I sat far away from him. Also in English I somehow managed to avoid him. All this time, he was kind of glaring at me or I say at my odd behavior.

Wasn't the situation reversed? Earlier he used to avoid me and now I was. My reason was embarrassment and shyness while his reason, I still don't know.

The same thing continued on Tuesday also and I could see that Arnav was getting irritated with it but I was too shy to face him.

Papa had gone to Pune on Monday night as my relatives called him to come Pune due to ill health of Dadaji. They were going to do some tests and diagnose the problem. Dee's engagement was on Friday so he was in a state of confusion to go or not. We all assured him that we will take care of it. Everything was already set only thing left was to buy an engagement ring which Maa and Dee were going to do.

It was Wednesday today and I didn't know if I could continue my plan today or not. I knew anytime, Arnav would blast. What was I doing? I had no clue.

I went down to eat my breakfast and get my lunch box. Mamma and Dee were already in the kitchen. Dee was sipping a cup of coffee while doing something on laptop. Mamma was cooking something on the stove. They both looked worried.

"Good morning" I brought their attention towards mine.

"Aesha, wash your hands and sit down. I will serve your breakfast" Mamma ordered. I did exactly what she said.

I elbowed Dee and she looked at me raising her eyebrow.

"Whats wrong?" I whispered to her and pointed to Mamma and her facial expression.

"Dadaji's report is coming today" She whispered back.

My mouth opened as "O" in realization. Dadaji was really loved and respected in our family and also outside. He was a doctor. He had achieved specialization in Medicine.He was a government employee but retired around the time I was born. After that, he had been working in clinics and also had a small room to see patients at our home back in Pune.

He was the strong foundation of our home. If he is weak, everyone in our home is. I prayed to god that everything turned out well. I hope his reports came okay and it was some common illness that could be treated easily.

Mamma served everyone "Mruglai Paratha" and it was so tasty but no one had the mood to enjoy it properly. We were all waiting for Papa's call.

I didn't want to go to school and wait at home but Mamma and Dee forced me to go. Dee was working from home as she had to prepare things for engagement too.

I reached school in fifteen minutes and entered the corridor. I wasn't looking where I was going. My body was here, but I wasn't.

I didn't realize when a hand grabbed one of my hands and pulled me away from the crowd. I was smashed to a soft cloth which looked like our school uniform and it was moving up and down like breathing. I blinked rapidly and realize this was a chest moving up and down. I was afraid to look up cause I had a feeling that I knew who it was.