chapter 33

This chàpter is dedicated to my nanaji. I love you nanu from the bottom of my heart.

Its really easy to say:

"People die every second"

"Death is inevitable"

"He/She was really old"

But those suffering before,during and after death know what it feels like. They know what it is like to lose somebody, to endure that pain and the tears. And the person who is dying, his unfilled wishes, never to see his loved ones grow up, never to know the future and never to be a part of future succumbs him to the worse death ever.

We knew what it was to have a person suffer through cancer.

Yash uncle, my mother's brother, best uncle ever had the same fate. Its been five years since he died from cancer. He fought through the deadly disease very bravely.

My mother were two sisters and two brothers. Nitesh Mama was the elder one among all with whom my Nani was now living, then it was Yash mama, then my Mother then Richa masi.

Richa masi and mamma were very close to each other. They would talk for endless hours on phone and understood each other very well. Nitesh mama was the silent type. He wasn't that much friendly like Yash mama was. Yash mama was my favorite. When we were little he would buy me and dee lots of chocolates and take us children to visit places. He was closer to children.

Nitesh Mama and Yash mama, each had a son whereas Richa masi had a son and daughter.

It was unfortunate that Yash mama's son didn't had the qualities mama himself had. But that was not something I wanted to talk about right now.

Papa was coming back home tomorrow and everyone else were joining him too. I didn't know how I was going to react in front of Dadu. I didn't know how was I going to control my tears. How was he facing all this?

Fate was really cruel... A doctor now became a patient himself. Truly, nobody can predict the future.

A knock sounded on my door. I looked up to find Sonal dee standing. She had the same sad expression that I had.

"Can I come in?" She asked with a sour voice.

I nodded. I didn't had the power to speak coherently. She came and sat beside me on the bed. She took me in her arms and the tears broke free again.

"Everything is going to be all right" Sonal dee whispered.

I shook my head.

"Believe in god Aesha"

I cleared my throat but my voice was still rough "You know dee, that's only a lie! You know what happened with Yash mama. There is no coming back, no cure! This is all going to end badly again." I shouted.

She didn't say anything but kept holding on to me.

Our silence was broken by the ring of Sonal dee's phone. She pulled back and wiped her tears with one hand while picking up the phone with another.

"Hi Kratik" She whispered.

"Yes, she is here with me" She replied back to something he asked.

"Okay, talk to her" She handed the phone in my hands.

I placed the phone on my ears but didn't say anything.

"Hey champ, you okay?" Kratik jiju asked. Why did everyone asked were you okay, when they clearly knew you weren't. Had it become a trend?