chapter 21

Arnav's pov

There siting under the lonely peaceful tree was Aesha. The cheerful girl was gone replaced by a scared girl who hide her face inside her knees and her arms wrapped around her.

It was the perfect pcture that an artist could paint to describe the melancholic scene.

Aesha's pov

Not everything in world is easy, I understand. I know you cannot satisfy everyone but it hurts.

No matter what it's human psychology that makes it hard to accept the truth. The first reaction is denial.

Yes, I was in denial. I couldn't accept that my existance was a problem to someone. Was I so bad? Was being a girl a sin? Or being the second born girl a sin? Is there some rule that you have to have atleast one son or else you will always be scrutinized by society.

I always knew that my parents had faced situation where people would ask them 'only two daughters?'  They would be suprised 'no sons!'

Soceity is also in denial to accept girls though not completely.

I wanted to escape somewhere far away where no one would be there, just me and myself.

I felt a soft hand brushing my hair. I was startled. I had purposely came here because no one would think to find me here.

I looked up and met with the eyes that had been in my dreams recently. It was first time his face held so much emotions together, concern, sadness, hidden anger, care and something which was unkown to me.

We just kept silent. His handa on my hair and staring in each others eyes. No one said a word. It was like we were afraid to break the eery peaceful silence.

His hands moved to my face and wiped the tears that were on my cheeks. His warm hands stayed at my cheek comforting me. I closed my eyes and snuggled in his hands.

The  silence was broken by a ringing of a cell phone.

I opened my eyes. Arnav removed one of his hands and retrieved the cell phone from his jeans pocket. His other hand was still on my face. It was a sweet gesture.

He saw the caller id and starred at it for some moments. He was deciding whether it was right time to pick up or not.

But soon he swiped his fingers and brought the phone to his ear.

"Hello" his voice was a melody.

I couldn't hear what the other person was saying.

"Don't worry, I found her. I will be bringing her soon" Arnav nodded as if the person could see him.

He didn't say a goodbye. He just swiped the end button and looked back at me.

"I wouldn't ask you, if you are okay." He stated. Normally people asked are you okay in these situation but I never understood why they did so. Of course, they can see the person is not okay. So it was a change for me.

I tried to crack a smile but I knew my efforts were vain.

"Everyone is worried about you. We should go back"

I just stared at him.

"Don't worry. Everything will be okay. You have people who love you. You don't need those who don't value you. Don't waste away the love you have for the love you want. It's not possible to always get what we want"  His voice had a serious tone as his face. It was like he was sharing his experience. At that moment I realised how less I knew about him.