Chapter 6

Right through that door walked Mr. Arrogant or I should say, Mr. Rude or whatever.

For the first time, I noticed how tall he was. Last time I was only focused on his dark brown eyes and handsome face. Stop! What are you thinking Aesha? You cannot think about him like it, he is Mr. Arrogant!

Everyone was staring at him. All the girls were staring as if mesmerized or ready to pounce on him. Some of them were giving him flirty smiles. No, forget that! Every girl was giving him flirty smiles except me who was in a dilemma. I was scowling because of what happened earlier and still swooning over him.

Aesha, what is this happening with you? You are not that type of girl to swoon over boys. You were not groomed like this by your family!

"May I help you?" Mrs.Sen asked politely

"Hi, I am the new student transferred from Delhi" Mr. Arrogant replied in the same polite manner

I was astonished to find him talking politely. Mr. Arrogant can be polite?

"Oh, yes yes! I was informed of your arrival. I hope you didn't get any trouble finding your way in." Mrs. Sen said. Mrs. Sen though romantic had a motherly nature. She was a woman in 40s and had two children.

"No Mrs...?" Mr. Arrogant said more likely asked.

"Oh! I am sorry, son. I am Mrs. Sen, your English teacher. Can we have your name please?"

"I am Arnav Roy" Mr. Arrogant was acting so generous.

But his name was cute! Oh Arnav, what a name! His name is as handsome as him. Maybe, I could call him "Nav", so cute!

Aesha! Stop yourself! What the hell are you thinking? He is MR. RUDE! MR.RUDE! DO NOT FORGET THAT. Feed that in your stupid mind.

"Welcome, Arnav. Hope you have a nice year ahead."

"Thank you Mrs. Sen" He replied being a gentleman.  

"Okay, so there is only one seat vacant and you are going to seat there" Mr. Sen instructed Arnav. She turned towards class. I should say turned to my direction "Aesha, you will be helping Arnav this year as he is going to sit with you." Mr. Sen directed me.

What? No, No, NO! I am not going to sit with Mr. Arrogant.

"But Mrs. Sen, I was saving up for Neha" I politely complained

"Sweety, have you not been informed that Neha is in another section?" Mr. Sen asked sadly. She knew that Neha and I were best friends.

Wait a minute! When did Neha get into another section?

"What?" I blurted out rather shouted

"Yes, sweetheart, there will be two sections this year. That is why half of the class is missing right now." Mrs. Sen said slowly giving me time to digest it.

"But, why?" I asked surprised and sad

"There were lots of students so authority decided to create two sections" Mrs. Sen answered

I didn't reply anything. I just hung my head down and tried to stop the tears from flowing.

"Take your seat Arnav. I hope you and Aesha get well together" Mrs. Sen ordered him.

I could hear his footsteps coming towards me. I didn't dare to look up in his direction. He came and sat down beside me. I could feel the warmness coming off from his body.

I held my breath; I was so close to him. I think I will die either from falling over him or by his arrogant self.

I tried my best to ignore him and focus on what Mrs. Sen was saying. 

I felt him shifting beside me to bring out his notebook from the backpack. He set down the copy on the table and started noting what teacher was saying.

After a long time around 20 minutes, I couldn't stop myself and steal a glance at him.

I turned my head towards him while hiding behind my black hairs. But my breath caught in my lungs when I saw those deep brown eyes staring right back at me.

We kept staring at each other until I realized what's happening and blushed. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. But what I noticed next made me gloomy. His perfect face turned into anger and his soft red lips turned into a scowl.

I quickly turned away my head and focused on Mrs. Sen.

Duffer Aesha! What were you thinking? Trying to steal a glance at Mr. Arrogant? What is he a celebrity?

After that, I never once looked at his way for the rest of the class.

The bell rang indicating the end of the period. I put my stuff in my backpack and was about to stand up and leave when Mrs. Sen's voice stopped my action.

"Aesha, you will be helping Arnav regarding what he needs for classes and any other matter he needs help in. You will also show him around classes as his schedule and yours is same. Understood?" She instructed me. There was a teacher tone in it. Usually, Mrs. Sen had motherly tone but when she was stern her teacher tone could be heard.

"Yes, Mrs. Sen" I obliged. I didn't want to get on Mrs. Sen's bad side. She was the only teacher with whom I can share my problems. She was more like a mother to me than a teacher.

When Mrs. Sen turned around, with a heavy heart, I turned towards Arnav. I saw him packing his belongings while a frown was on his face.

"What is your next class?" I asked him pretending to be not interested. I was in fact scared to ask him, who know he will accuse of something else.

"Biology" He replied as if bored. But his voice was so husky and I could spend my day listening to it.

Aesha! Get out of your daydreams!

Biology? Oh, that's what Mrs. Sen meant by our schedules were almost same.

"I have biology too, you can come with me." I politely offered.

"No thanks, I can find my way," He said in a dismissing tone. And Jenny said he was simple and sweet. From where did she hear it? Was she talking about the same person right next to me? This made me boil in anger. How could he talk to me like this while I am being nothing but polite?

"Look! I don't know what your problem is but don't get me in trouble." I rather calmly stated but the anger in my voice could be clearly heard.

He looked at me and his face was full of surprise.

"How am I putting you in trouble?" He asked astonished

"I don't want to be in Mrs. Sen's bad side. She is like a mother to me and she asked me to show you around classes. I cannot disobey that." I explained. No, I think I pleaded him. I don't know why I was standing here and explaining him my feelings.

Oh god, where did you put me in!

I stared at him and saw his face showing a hint of confusion. He was staring at me as if solving some mystery. It was weird to me.

"Okay" He sighed

"Let's go, we are already late." I put my backpack on and walked ahead. He was at my side after putting his backpack on. I guided the way to biology class.

I don't know what god had me in store. Another bomb fell down on me when our biology teacher Mr. Walia declared that Arnav and I were partners. I don't know whether my future was going to be bright or dark with this arrogant fool who just keep scowling at me every time he looks at me.

Tell me, how would I work with him if he is going to answer rudely to every question I ask?

I cannot wait for the school to end and get on Wattpad.

Oh god! I am so dead!