Chapter 40 (Not edited)

Its hard to accept the fact that the day you had been waiting for was already over and you have lived those moments truly. You want them to come back so that you could live them again.

Dada and Dadi ji decided to stay back. Chachi also stayed back with my two little cousins.

Everyone was still fresh with the memories and my happiness was double with the way Arnav and mine relationship reached to a new level.

I felt like we made our relationship official.

The days seemed more brighter and lovely with him in my life.

But as they say that everything comes at a cost and the cost I paid was Jenny.
The Tom and Jerry game had yet again started. She was avoiding me and this time Arnav too.

The more closer I tried to reach, the more far she went away. I didn't know what was the reason of her behaviour.

We had already shared about our relationship with my group of friends. They took it really well. But that didn't stop them from teasing me "Aesha to chupi rushtam nikli."

I don't understand why Jenny reacted in such a way whereas Neha who was much closer to me like a best friend didn't get upset. Instead she was so happy for me.

"Aesha, kahan kho gayi?" (where are your thoughts?) Neha asked

We were sitting in the garden of our school and it was our game period.
The boys decided to practice football and we girls decided to bask in the sun.

"I am just thinking about Jenny."

"About her?" Nina raised an eyebrow.

I nodded.

"Care to explain?" Seena asked

I sighed " I don't understand her reaction. I mean, I didn't tell you guys about Arnav and I too but you were pretty cool with it whereas she acted like I betrayed her. I am not that much closer to her to tell her everything straight away. She is a really good friend of mine but I do have my limitations. Its not a simple topic that I can share with everyone."

"Hmm... You know I was also wondering about that. She is not the same Jenny we knew." It was Neha who spoke.

"Maybe she is going through her teenage phage?" Nina shrugged.

"Oh come on guys! Cannot you see it?" Sheena shouted frustrated.

"See what?" I asked surprised. May be I will fully get my answers. Then may be I will be able to solve this riddle.

"Ugh...Duffers! She is jealous!" Sheena spoke gravely.

"What?" We all three shouted. Some of the students nearby turned to look at us as if we were mad.

Nina was drinking water and it got stuck at her throat and she started coughing. Neha quickly overcame from the shock and rubbed Nina's back soothingly.

As for me, I couldn't accept it. Jenny, my friend would be jealous of me and my relationship?

How come Jenny, the sweet girl be jealous of her friend?

"Are you serious?" Nina asked after she stopped coughing.

"Of course, I am! Its so obvious. I have observed her-" But she stopped in mid sentence as we saw the boys approaching us.

I looked up at Arnav and smiled. He was covered in sweat from practice but still smiled back at me. He looked tired yet happy.

"Hey sweety!" Peter sat down next to Sheena and raised his arm to hug her.