I'm Just Thinking

(Kaneki's POV)

I woke this morning with one of Annie's beautiful smiles and the sound of happy voices and giggles of children. They all had such happy faces and messy faces with food on them.

I watched as Annie wiped their faces before going back to breastfeeding Historia. Today was the same way as yesterday My family with happy faces and me lying to them. We were currently eating breakfast talking about random things.

Soon everybody was finished eating and went to put their dishes in the sink. Then I heard the doorbell rang I gave kisses to Annie on her temple and to the kids in the kitchen as I left them to help their mother wash the dishes and I go check the door.

I smiled when I opened the door " Hide" I said a smile still on my face.

" yo, Kaneki," he said as I stepped aside to let him in.

" what brings you here," I said closing the door to turn back to Hide who was smiling brightly.

" isn't obvious I came to see my Niece's and nephew's and also make sure my best buddy and his wife were ok," he said chuckling at the end.

Just like that Mikasa peeked out from the kitchen.

"  that sounds like uncle Hide," she said her smile brighter than before.

I turned to the black-haired girl and noded.

she came out and ran to him as Hide bent down to her height so he could hug her right before picking her up in his arms then resting her on his side.

" hey, Mika I thought I told you not to grow before I come to visit," he said and she giggled.

" I'm sorry," she said with a smile.

I looked at them with a sad smile. I want Mikasa to smile like that all the time I wish to never see my children sad.

Soon Annie came out with Ray and Norman holding her hands as they looked like they were talking about something.

" uncle Hide"' Ray and Norman said together as they ran to him with wide arms Hide chuckled putting Mikasa down as he hugged the boys. 

" Hey you two," he said hugging them as they giggled and smiled with Hide.

" Hide what brings you here," Annie said as he came to stand beside me.

" I just came to check on you all," he said his smile still on his face.

Annie smiled and did a light giggle as she replied to him " If you want to see Historia she's napping in her nursery."

" come on Hide I'll show you," I said to him with a smile Hide replied with a nod, and with that, we walked to the stairs.

while walking up the stairs I and hide caught up about things in our life. But there was something that caught my eye while on my way up the stairs.

A picture but not just that there were other pictures before and after it but that one caught my eye I stopped in my tracks and stared at it with a smile.

It was after when Annie gave birth to the triplets. I was holding norman and Annie were holding Mikasa and Ray she was still on the bed that she gave birth on I was right beside her we both had such happy smiles on our faces.

I could never forget that day.

~~MEORIE~~

I was at  RE with Annie as she rubbed her bump on her stomach and for once her hair was down. while I was reading a book and drinking coffee. It was getting pretty late I realized when I looked up the clock.

I slowly got up and turned to Annie with a smile on my face and rested my hand on her shoulder 

"come on Annie we should get some sleep" i said and she nodded I help her get up out of her seat.

We made our way upstairs to our room, everybody already went to sleep or just went to their rooms. suddenly she stopped walking and her hands reached to hold her stomach as she had a look of pain on her face as I saw water gushed out from her legs and I gasp.

" Kaneki.....my water broke," she said in pain. I quickly went to Touka for help. I knocked on her door and lucky she answered with a scowling look on her face but her face softened when she heard the reason why I woke her from her rest. 

and she told me to bring Her to our room and I did my hands holding her right hand and my other holding her by her lower back as she used her other arm to hold her stomach. as we made our way to the room. 

when I finally laid her on the bed with a couple of pillows behind her Touka told me to get rags and other stuff as Annie laid there in pain. 

I hurriedly made my way back to Annie as I gave Touka the stuff and went to hold Annie's hand.

Touka told her to push and so she did with all her strength, I wiped the sweat from her forehead as she continued pushing until we heard a cry and it made me smile one of my brightest smiles. 

Then Hinami came to take my firstborn but stopped when Touka said there's another and it made me and Annie surprised.

Later on, we realized Annie was pregnant with triplets. she gave birth to two boys and a girl.

I cut the umbilical cord with a smile and sat beside Annie as she leaned on me while I hold onto her hands as we waited for Hinami to clean them up and soon she brought back blankets with three wrapped infants in them.

She gave me and Annie the infants as she went to invite everyone inside, Everyone had looked at them and hold them of course Hide was first.

later I and Annie were in the bed Annie holding an infant that was a boy that had black her Named Ray and a black hair girl named Mikasa as I hold our other son with white hair Norman.

Hide took a picture of us and right after everyone went back to sleep and Annie was really tired so she also went to sleep.

I watched my sleeping infants with a smile and kissed each of their foreheads before going to sleep with my sleeping wife.

~MEORIE END~

A tear slipped down my cheek as I felt Hide's hand on my shoulder I looked up to him with a sad face and he did the same.

" kaneki is there something wrong"? he asked.

and I shook my head and forced on a smile.

" I'm fine just thinking," I said and he just nodded and his face went back into a smile.

" well then come on I have a sleeping niece I need to provoke," he said as he made his way upstairs I chuckled and followed. 

as we both went back to talking like old times.

' What a beautiful memory' i thought to myself.