🅸🆂 🆃🅷🅴🆁🅴 🆂🅾︎🅼🅴🆃🅷🅸🅽🅶 🆆🆁🅾︎🅽🅶 🅿︎🅰︎🅿︎🅰︎

(Time skip next afternoon)

(Rays POV)

I and papa were reading under the tree in our backyard while mom and my other siblings were at the store. I was kinda worried papa is scratching his cheek every time he told mom he's going somewhere, he only does that when he's lying and he's been getting calls from aunty Touka a lot more than usual, I and my other siblings picked up on it but didn't think anything of it

" papa is there something wrong," I asked still not looking away from my book.

dad looked up from his book and said,

" there's nothing wrong ray, why do you ask"?

I finally put a kept on reading my book and said,

"you're getting more calls from Aunty Touka and you're leaving the house more frequently"

he tried to laugh it off but I could tell something was wrong.

" The reason Touka is calling so much is that she needs help with things and I leave the House to Visit Hide," he said while scratching his cheek and looking everywhere except me.

' He's Lyning'

I sighed and finally put my book down and looked at dad with a serious face.

" Papa  Why are you lying to me and my siblings, why are you also lying to mom, I thought family weren't supposed to lie to eachother", I asked?

" Papa Why are you lying to me and my siblings, why are you also lying to mom, I thought family weren't supposed to lie to eachother", I asked?

My serious face turning into a sad smile.

Papa looked at me wide-eyed then looked down on the short grass

Papa looked at me wide-eyed then looked down on the short grass. I could see the look of distress on his face.

" Ray, I'm sorry I can't tell you but I'm lying for a good reason," he said looking back up at me with sad eyes.

'Mmh' i noded then asked " Papa are you lying to protect us"?

He nodded his head with the same sad smile and then ruffled my hair and pulled me into a hug. I heard sniffles coming from him he was crying. It made me sad I didn't like to see papa or mama sad.

"I'm sorry papa I shouldn't have questioned you," I said my voice laced with sadness.

He replied with hugging me titer.

' Papa just what is it that you're protecting us from' i thought as I hugged papa back.