What did I do, to deserve you

(Kaneki's POV)

Annie came home safe with Norman and Mikasa carrying groceries and Historia sound asleep in her car seat. I took Historia out of her car seat and went upstairs to put her in the nursery beside mine and Annies room.

I gently rest the sleeping infant in the crib and watched her with a proud smile yet I couldn't help but remember Ray's words the same words I once stayed when they were younger.

" Papa Why are you lying to me and my siblings, why are you also lying to mom, I thought family weren't supposed to lie to each other"

The words rang in my head again and I started crying I'm tired of it I'm so tired of the lies I tell my family. My eyes got blurry from tears forming in my eyes I was so deep in thought till I felt arms wrapped around me from the back.

I turned around slightly to see my blond hair wife and a smile replaced the frown upon my face. I fully turned around to hug her and she hugged me back while I cried in her neck. She pulled away and looked at me with worried eyes.

" Darling are you ok?" she asked cupping my face in her hands as she used her thumb to wipe the tears from my eyes.

I simply put on a strained smile and leaned in to kiss her soft pink lips, I pulled back at her with a true smile. I hugged her closely while she wrapped her hands around my neck as we rest each forehead against each other said,

" I love you so much, Thank you for letting me have a happy family with such smart and wonderful kids, I love you all to the moon and back" 

she giggled with a bright smile while her cheeks were tainted with a light shade of blush.

" I love you too darling and thank you for having me as your wife," she said her blue eyes looking into mine as we shared a loving look.

What did I do to deserve a woman like Annie she's so nice and sweet yet a strong independent woman.

I chuckled at her and kissed her fore as I hugged her tightly not wanting to go.

" What did I do to deserve someone like you," I said in a soft tone to which made Annie chuckled ever so slightly.

We both pulled away from each other still smiling as we exit the nursery and went downstairs to prepare for dinner.

' I really don't deserve someone like you Annie nor do I deserve the beautiful children you give me, the happiness, the beautiful smile I wake up to every morning, The amazing coffee you make, the wonderful way you thought me how to be a good father and good ghoul' I thought as I watched my the triplets play with flour and made a mess, making Annie scold them.

By the time we finished making dinner Historia woke up, and We ate as one big happy family and later the kids brushed their teeth and Annie changed Historias's diaper, I kissed everyone good night and so did Annie.

" Goodnight, Honey," I said into Annie's hair as I hold her close to me in our shared bed.

" Goodnight, Darling" I heard her say softly as we both drift off to sleep.