Him

"Matteo." I said again.

"Rosalyn." He said and then there was a struggle and another voice came on.

"Hello Rosalyn,very nice to hear your voice again,but hmm should't you be calling derrick right now,I hear he's very worried about you." The voice said. 

 "You better not hurt derrick." I said.

"You're so into Matteo though huh,you haven't even told Derrick you love him." The voice said.

"How,how do you know that?" I asked scared.

"Oops gotta go.' The voice laughed.

"Wait,please let me speak to Matteo again,please." I begged.

"two minutes." The voice said

  "Rosalyn I love you.You can Fall on me." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You can fall on me Rosalyn."

"Ha,yeah because when you find him,he'll be dead." The voice said in the background.

  "I just want to see her one last time,please." I heard Matteo say.

" Matteo,your family should see you. Amos is going crazy over here and Virginia she wants to be in your arms again,so please call them and not me." I said.

  "I already talked to Amos." Matteo said.

"Call your parents and Virginia. Please let him talk to them,I will do anything."  I said and started crying.

   "anything huh."The voice said.

"Yes." I said.

"well never speak to Matteo again or his family and I'll let him call." The voice said.

  "No." I heard Matteo say.

 "Do it and I might let him live."

"Will he see his family also?" 

"Hmm,maybe." The voice said.

"I" I paused.

"Rosalyn no." Matteo said. 

"Okay fine." I said.

"Rosalyn no,I want baby M to be with you and Virginia she loves you." Matteo said.  

  "Times up." The voice said and hung up. 

 "NO." I screamed.

"Call from Derrick." My phone said. I didn't answer,I didn't want to speak to anyone right now. "Call from Derrick." I put my phone on silent. 

 Well at least they can hear Matteo's voice again. Trying to be positive right now, I'm so tired of this game. First Matteo's dead and then he's not,why are they doing this?Who's doing this?

Amos said that they were close,but how close. I drove to my ballet shop and sat on the floor for an hour and didn't say anything. 

   I finally looked at my phone and saw 4 missed calls from Derrick. I decided to call him back and he picked up on the first ring, " Hey love,I was worried for a second."

   "Hey,what's wrong?" I asked.

"I just wanted to say sorry,for hanging up on you earlier today." He said.

"Oh,you're fine Derrick." I said.

"No,I just-well Rosalyn,can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Here it comes.

"We've been together for a few months now and I just wanted to see if you love me. You never say it." Derrick said.

"Derrick I do,I just..I'm scared that you'll leave." 

"Rosalyn,I won't. I love you and I think you are in love with someone else. I mean I won't leave if you tell me you're not in love with someone else. If you were scared why would you say yes when I asked you out?"

   "Because you're a nice person and I love being with you Derrick." 

"Well,do you love someone else? Was it the person that called you the day we were sitting outside. You looked worried,the one that was in trouble." 

 "I-I don't know." I said.

"If you don't know then you do and I don't want to waste your time,maybe its best if we are just friends." Derrick said.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked softly.

"Yes I am,I love you Rosalyn,but knowing that you love someone else I just don't want to compete for your attention. I called you so many times and you didn't answer. I thought something happened to you." 

  " I understand Derrick and I'm sorry." I said.

"Its okay Rosalyn,I understand. Goodbye." Derrick said.

"Bye Derrick." I said.

He hung up and I put my phone down. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I did like being with Derrick and he is such a great person and I guess if I loved him,I would have said it. That was such a bad excuse,but it was true.

   I got up and turned on my music and 'Fall on me' came on and I danced. I danced like I was in the video again and then all the memories of Matteo and I came back. From our first dance when he forgot his phone,from making breakfast for his family and my family to them catching us kissing. From all the late nights together and the first time he said I love you and me saying I love you back. From meeting baby M and then him calling me mommy. I just love that family and knowing them has been the greatest thing ever. I love the way he calls me Rose,I loves the way he smiles,I love the way he calls me Rosalyn. I love the way he holds me,and I love the way he makes me feel. 

   I love him,I love Matteo Bocelli and I'll never hear or see him again. 

* Maybe a little to late for Rosalyn to realize she loves Matteo now. Plus I don't think his family is going to allow her to come back into their lives,what do you think? Does Rosalyn deserves Matteo?

 A/N: I just find it funny as I searched ' Matteo Bocelli sad',its like 99.9 percent of smiling pictures which I love. I just thought I would share.