Betrayal

I took a deep breath,me come down to the station,what for. 

  "Miss Rosalyn are you still there?" Officer Jackie asked.

"Yes,I am sorry,who's the missing person?" I asked.

"We will discuss when you get here." She said.

"Who?"

".....Matteo." She said. 

"I-I'll be down." I said and hung up. I got up and Kat asked what was wrong, "nothing,I just have to run to the station,let's get you inside." I said pulling her up.

"Why do you have to go to the station?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said.

As we got in the house,I told mom and then left. I was so nervous,was my lie about to catch up with me. No the Bocelli's didn't know,so they couldn't have said anything. Did mom say something,really. After she said it was my decision,no.She wouldn't betray me like that. Even though I wanted to tell everyone,but I just couldn't. The fact that its been a month and I still didn't have the courage to say anything. He's dead, what can they do. Ugh now I made myself cry,good job Rosalyn.

 As I pulled up at the police station,I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. I got out and walked in and to the front desk, "Hi,can I help you?" The lady asked.

  "Yes,I'm here to see Officer Jackie,I'm Miss Williams." I smiled.

" Yes,let me call her" The lady said picking up the phone, "Officer Jackie,miss Williams is here to see you,okay. She'll be right with you.Please have a seat." The lady said pointing to the chairs in a room. 

  "Thank you." I said walking away,I was fidgeting with my hands on the way there and when I entered the room I plopped on the chair and  put my hands on my head.

  "Miss WIlliams." I heard officer Jackie say.

I lifted my head up, "Hi." 

 "Hello,can you come with me please?" She asked.

I got up and followed her out the room with my head down.

 "Rosalyn,what are you doing here." I heard Amos say,my head shot up, "what are you doing here?"

"I-" I studdered, " I don't know,what are you doing here?"

"The police said they had news on Matteo,but they didn't say you were coming,Rosalyn do you know something?" 

"I'm sorry Amos." I said and continued to follow Officer Jackie. 

"Rosalyn!" Amos yelled,I jumped and walked faster, "ROSALYN!" I felt him pull my arm,I jerked back and turned to face him, tears formed in my eyes, "what do you know,why are you here? Is my brother alive?"  I didn't say anything,but look at him and then walked away. We went into a room and sat down. Well I sat down,she stayed standing. 

  "Miss Williams,we got a phone call saying you know what happened to Matteo." Officer jackie said. My stomach turned and I started getting nautious, "Miss Williams what happened?"

   "I-" 

"Look,I'm going to play this for you,I haven't played it for anyone. I haven't told the Bocelli's you're involved."

  "Involved,I have nothing to do with this." I said darting my eyes at her.

" Did Matteo call you the day you came back from school?" 

"Yes? What does that have to do with anything?" Why am I so nervous.

"Miss Williams,we went through your phone records and you talked to him for a good 5 to 8 minutes for sure." 

 "Okay."

" Do you want us to play the call we got this morning?" 

"Yes,please."I said anxiously.

Officer Jackie pulled out the phone and pressed a button, it was the deep voice again, "Hello yes,Matteo Bocelli is dead. Rosalyn Williams knew this. She knew he was kidnapped,she knew about the gunshot." The voice said.

My eye twitched, "I-I" 

"There is nothing for you to say,how could you keep this information from us,withholding evidence.Do you know I can send you to prison for this?" 

 "I-I'm sorry." 

"Sorry that's all you have to say, A family just lost their son,brother,nephew,and father and all you can say is sorry. This family trusted you and you betrayed them." 

"Look,I was confused,I didn't know what to do okay."

"I thought you were better than this." 

"Can I go?" 

"No,you're going to jail."

"What?" 

"Is there anything else,you are hiding? Be honest." Officer Jackie said sitting down across from me. 

"That's all." I said holding back my tears. I betrayed them,I betrayed Matteo. I betrayed baby M.

  "Let's go." Officer jackie said. 

She put handcuffs on me,never thought this would happen,why me? We went out and my family was there and so were the Bocelli's. When they saw me they ran to me,but they saw the handcuffs and looked confused. Oh no,do i have to face them now?