Blame

"Amos,what-" I asked

 "I got a call." Amos said. I stopped and so did he.

  "You got a call?" Officer Jackie said.

"Yes I did about 5 minutes ago and it was Matteo." Amos said.

  "What?" I asked.

"I thought you said you heard a gunshot?" Officer Jackie asked looking at me.

   "I did and then the line went dead." I said holding back tears.

    "I can't believe it,we need to find him." Amos whispered in my ear.

  "Where are we going?" I whispered back.

"Look no questions,just come with me." Amos said grabbing my arm gently and guiding me out.

"We will search where the call was coming from." Officer Jackie said.

"Thank you." Amos said. 

When we got outside,he stood in front of me, "Amos,what is going on? Why did you bail me out,you were just furious?" 

"Look those words I said,I'm sorry,please forgive me. I was just upset." Amos said.

"Amos you meant those words,angry usually makes the truth comes out." I said folding my arms.

  "Look Rosalyn the police may not find Matteo in time,I just need you to help me. Yes I am still angry at you and really can't go back to way things use to be,but you can help me. I didn't want to see you anymore and when I got the call,I knew you could help me. " 

"What?"

"Help me with Matteo and I will think about being friends again.I believe he is here though." 

"Amos if we can't go back to being friends then that's okay,but don't try and bring Matteo into this. If I do help or if I don't then our friendship shouldn't be on the line okay. How can you tell he's here?" 

"Well my phone,when someone is near it gets good reception,but when they are far away,bad reception. So he has to be close,the reception was great." 

  "What do you have a spy phone or something?" I laughed gently.

"Laugh all you want,but its the truth."

"Okay,so lets tell the police." I said turning towards the station.

"No,if they see cops they may kill him for real." 

"What are you implying?" 

"You and I go look for him." Amos said.

"What?" I said.

"Look he told me you and him searched for Kat and you guys survived,so why can't we look for him?"

"I don't know Amos,something doesn't feel right."

"Please Rosalyn,if nothing pops up in 24 hours we will stop." 

I looked at Amos and then took a deep breath,"Ok,when do you want to go?"

"Right now." He said.

"Now,I haven't even seen my family yet."

"Okay,after you see your family,then we can grab something to eat and get started." He said.

We went to my car since his family left and I drove home. I got out,but he stayed in the car. When I opened the door, my family ran to me.

  "Honey,how did you get out?" Mom asked. I know what you're thinking,why didn't my parents bail me out? Well because they couldn't,I don't know why and I also don't know how Amos could.