Betrayal part 2

"Rosalyn,what's going on?" Amos asked.

"Amos.."I looked at the ground, "I'm sorry,I should have told you."

"Told me what?"

"Matteo is.."

"He's what?"

"He  got kidnapped." I said looking into his eyes. My stomach fell to the ground.

"What,how do you know this,when did you know this?" I didn't say anything, "did you know when I visited the house?" I nodded, "you lied to me after you said you wouldn't. You betrayed me,you betrayed us. After I cried on you,you still lied. You didn't say anything. What you told me probably wasn't even the truth. Matteo was wrong about you,you are a stupid liar. You didn't deserve my brother,how could you Rosalyn.How could you do this,my brother is probably dead because you didn't say anything."

"Amos,please." I said, "I lost someone to."

"NO,don't try and be the victim here,you knew. He called you,you got to hear his voice,you got to hear his voice" His voice broke and he fell to the ground and I kneeled in front of him with the handcuffs.

"Just for a few minutes,"I said looking at Officer Jackie. SHe took the handcuffs off and I hugged him. "I'm sorry Amos,I understand you hate me right now. I'm sorry I kept this,I didn't know how to tell you,I got scared,I didn't really know if he was.."

"If he was what?"

"I heard a gunshot." I said looking back at the ground.

"A gunshot,no you're lying." Amos said getting up. I got up as well and he walked away.

   "Amos please." He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around and stared at me.

   "what?" 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you,I'm sorry I kept this away from you. Do you think it was easy for me to keep this,I knew it would hurt you if you found out from anyone else,I tried to tell you that day,but it didn't come out. I felt disgusted with myself."

  "You're still making this about you Rosalyn,it's not about you." Amos said and walked out the door. I looked at his family and then my family and walked with officer Jackie.

   "where are they taking Rosalyn." I heard Kat asked.

  They put me in a cell and I couldn't believe it. All because I was trying to protect his family or at least I thought I was. I had to get out of here. It was just the holding cell,but still I wanted to be free. My family came in and I stood up. 

   "Rosalyn what happened?" Dad asked, "why didn't you say anything?" 

"Dad,I couldn't I was afraid and mom and Kat heard it to." I said.

"I gave you the decision." Mom said.

"I was going to tell them,but someone beat me to it and now I'm here." I said put my hand on my head.

 "Are you going to be here forever?" Kat asked.

" No Kat,I'm not." I said.

"Miss Rosalyn,I'm going to miss you." Ana said.

"I'll be out soon okay." I smiled.

"Visiting hours are over." An officer said.

"Goodbye Rosalyn." Mom said.

Everyone else said bye and I sat back down. About an hour later Officer Jackie came and I stood up. She opened the door and said, "you're free to go." 

  "What?" I asked confused.

"You're free to go." She said, "look I know why you did it,but please tell us if something happens next time."

"How am I free?"

"Someone bailed you out."

I looked over by the door and it was Amos.