Chapter 93: Dad

He didn't know Xing Fei needed pocket money to buy books.

He didn't know that the books Xing Fei bought were for Gian.
He didn't even know that Gian had recently switched from reading books on chicken soup for the soul and parenting books to reading about mechanics.

Shen Mian had always hoped that Gian wouldn't be too deeply influenced by himself and find a direction he liked. Now, Gian may have found his own direction, but Shen Mian had never noticed it.

Shen Mian, being both an old father and a dean, reflected deeply for a moment and found the reason- it was He Xing.

It must be that He Xing was too clingy.

He Xing carried Gian in his arms and Gian held his little bag. Two dragons, one big, one small, were waiting at the door, followed by Xing Fei.

Gian laid on He Xing's shoulder and looked back. Xing Fei waved at him, making a gesture of encouragement.

Gian took a deep breath, twisted his body and jumped down from Uncle He's arms to go to the dorm to comfort the dean.

Shen Mian heard the little dragon cub's footsteps. It was Gian who came over.

Gian, "Dean."
The golden-green little dragon cub wasn't skilled in being coquettish and stretched out his paws, gently putting them on Shen Mian.

Shen Mian picked him up. "What's wrong?"

Gian nestled in Shen Mian's arms and took out a robot without a power system from his pouch, giving it to him. "Dean, look."

The robot was beautifully made. Shen Mian thought it was a model of Lu Yuan's when he first saw it, but when he received it, he felt that it was more roughly made than those toys. The chest part was hollow, which seemed to be the space left for the power system. And, there were tiny abrasion marks on the parts, which were old.

This was probably made by Gian.
Sure enough, Gian lowered his head, embarrassed. "I made this myself following the tutorial in the book. It's ugly and the joints aren't flexible."

He had searched for other homemade robots on the desktop quantum computer. They looked nice on the outside and in the video, they moved smoothly, unlike his, who's joints weren't polished and smooth at all.

And he hasn't installed a power system yet, so maybe it wouldn't even move when he did.

This was little Gian's first time building a robot. The parts kits were expensive and his robot was pieced together from old replacement parts and was polished until his tail's crystal spines became blunt.

Although the result was far from being as good looking as the examples on the internet, Gian himself was already satisfied with the result. It was just that he was too embarrassed to show such a semi-finished product to the dean.

In the eyes of the little gem dragon, the dean was omnipotent and he had to do a little better before showing it to the dean.

Only a good little dragon cub can make the dean proud.

Dean Shen was certainly not omnipotent.
He adjusted the flexibility of a few joints, which really weren't very light and couldn't compare to those model toys of Lu Yuan's- Gian's robot parts were cobbled together and those models were assembled with matching joint parts.

It must have taken a lot of time and effort for Gian to put together such a robot without a materials kit or a full tutorial.
Shen Mian didn't have a rich vocabulary like He Xing, nor was he good at proclaiming somewhat exaggerated praises, so he lowered his head and kissed the top of Gian's head. "Very amazing."