Chapter 26: Sea of Stars

“Am I a hero?”

Yan Tan was stunned.

“Can a dragon cub like me, who can’t do anything, be praised like that?”

He Xing said, “Of course you can. Because no matter how powerful the other dragon cubs are, even the Grand Marshal of the Seventh Legion cannot be Livia’s hero because we did nothing for him, but you did.”

Shen Mian slightly lowered his eyes, “Mhm, you did something that even the Grand Marshal didn’t do.”

Lu Yuan squeezed in front of Yan Tan, “I used to be alone too, no other dragon would play with me. I wish I’d met you sooner. He’s lucky, I envy him.”

Gian gently held Lu Yuan’s claws, “Livia must have thought so too.”

Livia actually said that.

Yan Tan was rarely affirmed in this way and looked around a bit at loss.

Yan Huan smiled, “I’m so proud to have a little nephew like you.”

Lu Yuan and Gian swooped in for a huge hug.

Gian’s eyes were clear, “It’s the kind of hero that you have to be very lucky to meet.”

Yan Tan suddenly lifted his paws and pressed them on his face.

It was an action Shen Mian was familiar with – he was shy. Every time Gian was praised, he would raise his paws and press them against his face.

“I’ve always, always been different from the dragon cubs at home,” Yan Tan slowly calmed down from the shyness, “I know that.”

“I’d actually really, really like to get Dad’s approval,” Yan Tan tilted his head up, “But I’d actually prefer to sit in front of a drawing board or the kitchen, but I’ve done everything Dad said.”

“But I can’t really do that well either, you may need to get another dragon cub.”

Yan Huan, “!!!”

Little Yan Tan obviously didn’t say this out of anger, he really thought so.

Yan Tan subconsciously looked at He Xing and Shen Mian. Shen Mian not only didn’t try to persuade him but actually asked He Xing, “Can I raise him?”

Yan Huan: Of course not! Yan Tan is my family’s cub!

Then he heard his intellectually-disabled boss answer, “It is not possible according to the Empire’s decree, but as long as you marry a dragon from the mythical genus, you can.”

Shen Mian, “…”

Yan Tan wipes his eyes, drooped his wings and walked over to Yan Zhou, “Do you like Livia? His parents aren’t here anymore and I can introduce you to him. He has always admired you and little uncle.”

Yan Zhou spoke with difficulty, “Actually I…I just want you to not be like me. I want you to grow up to be a very capable child.”

“Your mother…passed away because of my incompetence. You were so young at the time so you probably don’t remember her, but she loved you a lot.”

“She was a fine soldier, only thirty-seven when she left me and had just given birth to you less for a year ago. She was attacked during her mission. Although the support I led had arrived, it did not save her and almost completely annihilated her…”

“I hope you don’t make my mistakes in the time to come and don’t miss what matters most because of your inability to do so.”

Yan Huan was about to go crazy: Your son is about to give you a new dragon cub, can you say something more useful?