Chapter 15: Not Bad

Once their instincts have awakened, it will continue to grow. In less than a week, Gian had gone from clicking* to a full spark and it only took a few days for him to be able to fully form and breathe a flame. In addition to the high temperature, the flame of the gem dragon also has a strong impact, which is the “cool skill” that many dragon cubs envy.

But Gian was not happy about it, his mood was getting lower and lower.

He began to avoid Lu Yuan and Shen Mian.

The favourite place of the big dragon cub that can breathe fire was unexpectantly the dragon grass fields behind the dormitory building.

Gian sat on a boulder in the ridge, blankly staring at the sky. He was motionless like a green apple-flavoured jelly mountain, almost merging with the swaying dragon grass.

His mellow back was full of sadness.

He Xing didn’t quite understand. He and Shen Mian were standing in the dormitory building’s shadow, with Lu Yuan standing in between them. The human and two dragons stared at Gian’s back.

He Xing lowered his voice, “I wasn’t like this before.”

Lu Yuan looked up and blinked, the place on his nose where he was burnt by the sparks was still black.

He Xing, “When I was a child, whoever awakened their race’s features first would tell their entire class and other classes until the whole centre knew about it.”

Lu Yuan nodded, “That’s right! I was also very happy when I accidentally bit off the table leg! That shows that I have grown up, that I’ve become a big dragon.”

In order to ensure that it can bear the weight of each dragon, the table in the regular nursery school is basically forged with a special alloy. Such a thing as biting off the table’s leg, among the cubs, only the spotted dragon with such an amazing bite force can do it.

Shen Mian silently swallowed the “what’s wrong with you” that was about to come out.

He feels that he may not be able to participate in the “People and Dragons I’ve followed in the Year” activity that will start tomorrow – the generation gap between people and dragons seems a little too big.

He Xing and Lu Yuan looked at each other for a while, then turned their heads to look at Shen Mian, “Why?”

Shen Mian thought internally: Am I one hundred reasons why1?

He wasn’t a good speaker and was silent for a while before saying, “I think its probably that… he thinks it is causing trouble to others.”

Growing up in a childcare centre and struggling with food and clothing, Gian has a better understanding of “money” than children of the same age. After the death of the old dean, the most difficult period was after the new dean took office. During those days, Gian, who was attached to the centre, lived in a panic every day, fearing that one day he would be notified that they had found a new guardian for him and he was to be sent to a new place.

Gian’s heart is soft and sensitive and he was taught very well by the old dean. He has a set of vague but gradually forming correct concepts and will demand more from himself than other cubs. The road was not smooth and Gian was really precocious.

But at the same time, Gian is also a child who is very insecure. He strives to show his value and to grow into a sensible child that all adult dragons recognize, just hoping not to lag behind.

Right now, his racial features interfere with his daily life. He does not think it is a symbol of growing up but thinks that the feature instincts are a kind of trouble, maybe even dread. If he cannot control his strength, he might accidentally injure his companions.