Chapter 75: Bald Angel

Speaking of He Xing's contribution, Shen Mian recalled what He Xing said when he "tutored" Lu Yuan in writing his poem.

It just so happens that He Yi, as a father, was very impressed by He Xing's submission and was immediately curious by that comment from his wife- thinking and knowing that He Xing's diary must be full of joy (making other dragons joyful).

Both Deans simultaneously focused their attention on the small book in He Xing's hand.

It was He Xing's dark history, but it might be a source of joy for both Deans.

Lu Xianzhi, who had already read it, just gently smiled.

He Xing, "..."

It was absolutely impossible for him to show it to the dragon cubs and even more impossible to show it to his dean. He would rather lose face in front of his father than to drop it in front of Shen Mian.

Although He Xing never felt that he had much shame and was shameless on his own accord, that was measured shamelessness. If he couldn't get the hang of being passive and shameless, he might lose a big one.

Shen Mian slowly reached out his hand and patted He Xing's thigh from an angle that no one could see, then spread his hand, meaning: Show me.

He Xing, "..."
Marshal He has seen it all, but these two taps nearly made him lose his armour.

He Xing struggled for two seconds, waking up in time to get over Dean Shen's suspiciously coquettish behaviour, shoving his hand into Dean Shen's and put the diary into his space button.

Shen Mian, "..."
Who wanted a hand. A dragon's paw isn't fresh after being squished all day long.

He Xing's movement to hide his diary was a bit too big, which attracted the attention of Yan Tan. The little black dragon cub subconsciously tried to look down to see what was going on, but as soon as he lowered his head, a hand suddenly reached out and covered his eyes.

Yan Tan: ?
The little dragon cub opened his mouth, but before he could make a sound, another hand reached out and covered his mouth. Soft as it was, it was Xing Fei.

Livia's voice sounded in his ear. "Shh, don't talk."

Yan Tan blinked, unaware of what was happening. All he could do was sit on the couch and then his stomach rumbled.

Yan Tan quickly covered his stomach.

He Xing immediately changed the topic. "Let's prepare dinner. Yan Tan is hungry. The little dragon cubs have been playing in the mock battle arena for very long and they're also hungry. Qin Yi has to go back after dinner. It's not good to be too late."

He Xing had no recollection of what was written in the diary, but he knew exactly what kind of dragon cub he was when he was a child and he could deduce what kind of things were written in it.

Like conquering the childcare centre, conquering the primary school, it was probably just general shame.

So it must never be seen by his Dean.

Lu Xianzhi had been paying attention to the interaction between Shen Mian and He Xing.
Although she couldn't see Shen Mian's small movements, she could hear it.

Lu Xianzhi couldn't help but smile. She could have never imagined that they would get along like this in private- she thought that He Xing would be more aggressive and Shen Mian would be a little colder.

Although she really wanted to see her own son suffocate, Yan Tan was hungry and she couldn't starve the little dragon cub. Lu Xianzhi held back from watching the fun. "Then we'll have to have an early dinner."
They were late for afternoon tea and dinner should have been delayed later, lest the little dragon cubs couldn't eat, but Yan Tan was actually rumbling from hunger, so of course they had to get ready.