Chapter 68: Part-Time Job

Shen Mian held the little dragon cub and after he checked, he determined that they weren't injured. The little dragon cub's mood seemed to be stable and they didn't panic. Judging from the dragon's habit of raising their cubs, this shouldn't be their first time being thrown out.

The suspension car was in a tragic state. The smashed roof had been dented and had lost chunks of paint, revealing the grey metal underneath.

He Xing's suspension car was only equipped with an emergency defence system and wasn't bullet-proof. It was a civilian suspension car with better performance so, of course, it couldn't withstand the impact of a gem dragon cub falling from the sky.

This small red gem dragon cub didn't look old enough to be attending childcare centres. The small one in Shen Mian's arms was about half the weight of Gian.

The little dragon cub lifted its big tail and placed it on Shen Mian's wrist. Its big innocent eyes blinked and it made a small sound at Shen Mian. Little dragon cubs at this age, as long as they have a happy and healthy family, are all good at acting coquettish.

He Xing paid attention to the situation outside the car and found that the object that hit the roof was a small dragon cub, so he didn't rush to come out.

Shen Mian was asking where the little dragon cub's home was, but the little dragon cub was thrown over the suspension car. He turned around, held his paws and looked at Shen Mian in confusion. "I-I don't remember."

Shen Mian, "..."

He Xing, who had just gotten out of the car, almost laughed- his dean and the little dragon cub were looking at each other, one with an innocent face and the other who seemed to have stopped thinking.
His dean was the one that stopped thinking.

Fortunately, the little dragon cub's parents finally realised that they should look for the little dragon cub first. Shen Mian and He Xing finally saw the father of the little dragon cub- about five or six meters away from the suspension car, a villa's courtyard door opened and an adult red gem dragon in its dragon form came out, looking left and right.

He Xing and Shen Mian watched the red gem dragon rake through the bushes in the flower garden, all the way up to a place near the suspension car. He still didn't see his little dragon cub, so he scratched his chin in confusion. "Where's my son?"

He Xing, "..."

Shen Mian, "..."

He Xing had to cough. "Baron Houston."
There weren't many nobles in the empire, but He Xing still barely remembered which family was what dragon and which title they held.

Only then did the adult gem dragon discover He Xing and Shen Mian and was shocked. "Your Highness, what are you doing here?"

He Xing stepped aside and Baron Houston, who had just spotted his little dragon cub and came over to pick up his young son, saw the dented roof of the suspension car.

Baron Houston looked down to lock eyes with his young son and the little dragon cub scratched his face, confirming Baron Houston's suspicion. "I smashed it."

Baron Houston pressed his son into his arms. "I'm sorry Your Highness. I was playing at home with my cub and accidentally threw him out and smashed your suspension car, we will definitely compensate you."

He Xing helplessly said, "Don't play such dangerous games with your dragon cub at home. It's not that big of a deal you smashed my car today, but what if one day you smash another dragon?"
Although this place was a residential area for nobles, not every large dragon was as resistant to being smashed as a suspension car.