Chapter 81: Tidal

Qin Yi arrived at the centre the day before school started.

The young duke herself carried her case, coming along with a bodyguard gallantly in an air-railcar.

Shen Mian only knew she would arrive today and planned to pick her up, but he never thought that Qin Yi would be so independent that she dared to bring a bodyguard with her on an interstellar flight and an air-railcar.

The bodyguard was still the same one Shen Mian had seen, without a sense of existence. The young duke tidied up her clothes and patted her shoulders. "You've worked hard. When I got off the bus, I saw a small hotel in front of the residential area. You can rest for the night and go back in the morning. Remember to collect the invoice, the family will reimburse you."

The bodyguard's year-round paralyzed face smiled. "Alright, Duke."

The young duke waved at him and the bodyguard stood up, nodding at Shen Mian. "Please, Dean, look after our Duke."

Shen Miang, "Of course."

The bodyguard said goodbye to Qin Yi, turned around and went out.

Shen Mian received the little Duke's luggage. The weight should still be quite heavy for the little dragon cub, but Qin Yi just carried it anyway. "How come you didn't send a message? Didn't Mr Ke Yu come send you off too?"

Qin Yi laid in Shen Mian's arms, swayed her tail and looked up at Shen Mian. She wasn't exhausted at all after the long journey, instead, she was so lively that Shen Mian wondered whether she was possessed by Xing Fei. "Father went to an academic seminar and my grandfather hasn't been feeling well recently. I didn't want to be late, so I came by myself."
The little duke left the Imperial Star, seemingly free from her heavy shackles, and turned into a small dragon cub.

Shen Mian patted her. "Gian and the others are in the mock battle arena. Let's take a look at the dormitory first and put down your things there at the same time, okay?"

Qin Yi, "Is Xing Fei also in the dormitory?"

Shen Mian shook his head. "They're all in the mock battle arena, but they're live broadcasting."

He Xing tried to become a childcare teacher, but Marshal He had been out of a childcare centre for more than ten years and he had forgotten the knowledge he had memorised back then, so he was asked to take the childcare teacher qualification certificate. That was only a possibility if he hung on from beginning to end. Shen Mian couldn't stand his coercion, so he signed him up for a combat instructor certification exam. After finishing the exam the day before yesterday, he kept dragging the little dragon cubs to practise going to class.

Qin Yi was already eager to go to the mock battle arena and when she heard that Xing Fei was there, she didn't hesitate at all. "Then let's go to the mock battle arena."

Shen Mian looked at the luggage in his arms. "Then I'll help you put it away?"

Qin Yi thought to herself. "Then I'll give them the gifts later tonight."

Shen Mian nodded and took Qin Yi to the mock battle arena.

The new mock battle arena was silver-blue in appearance and from a distance, it had the sci-fi feel that sci-fi movies strived for. Entering inside, it was more spacious and more functional than the previous one.

And, of course, more expensive.

As soon as Shen Mian and Qin Yi entered the mock battle arena, they heard the sounds of the little dragon cubs making a ruckus, and only saw He Xing and the others behind a few training robots.

Lu Yuan and Gian were being chased by two training robots. Gian was able to maneuver around a bit with his fire-breathing, but Lu Yuan was too anxious to run, so he found a corner and crouched, turning his back to the robots and letting them grip the fluff on top of his head.