Chapter 1: Laying Eggs

Interstellar New Calendar, Water Star

Shen Mian woke up in severe pain and with a blurred vision, he saw several figures standing in front of him – how come there are little green people? Eco-version smurfs?

“He’s awake! He’s finally awake!”

Shen Mian did not recognise any of these people. He forced his body to sit upright and looked around, realising that the area was completely unfamiliar. It looked nothing like the apocalypse.

The green dwarfs in front of him seem like they have nothing to do with humans. The language spoken by the other party wasn’t any foreign language that Shen Mian recognised, but for some reason, he could understand it.

Shen Mian squinted his eyes in the grey sunlight. Fortunately, not waiting for him to speak, someone already started talking a bunch, “Dean Shen, how could you dare to go to the unopened wasteland? There are many ferocious wurms in that place. You luckily escaped this time but you might not next time.”

”Yes…”

During the discussion where he was comforted and exhorted, Shen Mian realised there were memories that did not belong to him – this isn’t Earth but a planet known as Water Star that is an unknown number of light-years away from earth. The “people” in front of him are not actually humans but are creatures of higher intelligence: dragons.

That’s right, there are actually dragons in this world, divided into the intelligent dragons and the less intelligent wurms. Orthodox dragons have their own civilization and can freely transform between their dragon and humanoid forms, no different from aliens in science fiction films. The human civilisations and dragon civilisations are currently in a phase where they are still getting used to each other.

The wurms are the general term for interstellar mutant species that are aggressive and have a large appetite. They can survive on any liveable planet and occupy the liveable spaces of the humans and dragons.

Shen Mian’s current body is an ordinary human, also called Shen Mian, and was a student that majored in “young dragon’s education” in the human civilisation. After graduation, he was allocated to a childcare centre on a planet where the human and dragon civilisations bordered, but at the same time, he was also an anchor on a platform.

Because the childcare centre was very poor, the original owner live broadcasted himself venturing into the wilderness to gain attention. As a result, he was attacked by a wurm and his psyche died on the spot.

When Shen Mian transmigrated, he couldn’t understand the situation at all. The dying body absorbed a lot of its mana to save itself. He managed to avoid it for a little before the dizziness got heavier. Before he finally fainted, he heard a mountain tremoring roar. The second short wake-up was when a tree dragon family brought him out.

The tree dragon family is considered a neighbour of the childcare centre, but these neighbours are a little far away, taking a normal human walking an hour to get there.

Shen Mian took the nutrient solution that the mother tree dragon handed him, tore it open and drank, “Thank you.”

Lisa, the mother tree dragon, spoke softly, “You’re welcome, but we didn’t do anything except bring you back. Your body recovers very quickly so we didn’t take you to the hospital.”

Shen Mian nodded, “ Without you, I may not have been able to return, thank you for looking after me.”

Lisa promptly waved her hand, “ We didn’t look after you either… We will head back first, there are still many matters at home.”