Summers fall dance

Rocky pov

  "Get your roses. Gentlemen purchase your summer fall roses." Boys walked up to the table where Mr.Mitch sat.

It was tickets, roses, and a voting ballot that was blank. Laurie walked up to me. "Whats up?"

"Nothing just looking. The roses look so pretty. To bad I might not be getting mines."

"Why?" "Well its a long story." "Okay we can talk later." She walked off so did i.

Going to class I sat at my desk shaking my leg in boredom. I looked over to see jayson.

He wasnt looking at me but he looked furious. No lie he had me on edge and I had to talk to chad.

Sitting there my stomach got tight. Breaking in a sweat I felt as if I was going to pass out.

Having sudden flashbacks in my head of everything that has happened.

      "Stay in the car ima be right back." Lorenzo said. Sitting in the car my hands were sweaty and I felt nauesous.
Moments later heard gunshots. Lorenzo runs back to the car. Getting in the car I saw he had blood on his shoes.

The bell rung and it kind of woke me up. I need to find chad. This was his doing not mines.

Going to the water fountain I didnt jayson aside of me. Slightly bumping into him he mugged me. "Damn pay attention girl."

"You look like something making you nervous." "Man im good dont try to check me. You do not know me like that."

"Yo you can chill your ass out. I dont care to know you. I dont trust you broad."

Sighing I walked off hoping nobody seen that. Laurie for sure I dont need more drama.

Walking to class my head hurt. I felt weak in my knees. I tried to walk but I couldnt move. My vision was blury.

   Chad and I laid in bed holding each other. Until the door was kicked in. It was lorenzo looking furious.

"You thought you could get away from me bitch? I told you bout this white boy. Get up!" He was yelling with a gun in his hands.

"Aye man look ill give you whatever you wont. Ill stop talking to her just let us go. Come on you know I got it."

"Ill give you whatever." I went for my clothes as lorenzo stared me down. I was mad at chad. Before looking back up bang chad shot him.

"Roxie? Wake up. Can you hear me?" Looking up it was laurie.I was inside the nurse office.

"Girl are you okay? You lucky I was at my locker. You fainted and bumped your head a little bit."

Feeling my head it was pounding. "Ouch!" I yelled as I touched my sore and tender bruise. Grabbing for my phone I looked at my face.

"Laurie give me a mirror." Rolling her eyes she passed one to me. I had a ugly bruise over my eyebrow.

"The nurse said you should go home early." Chad said stepping closer to me. "How would you know?"

"Well soon as I heard what happened ive been in here.I was just speaking with nurse Jean."

"I can drop you off. I mean I got a pass so you wont have to worry about me getting in trouble for leaving."

Laurie looked at me shrugged and pouted her lips at my bruise. "Get some rest boo." Laurie said hugging me.

Inside the car I looked out the window. "You know something? I havent bought a rose yet."

"You know us guys have to get the roses for the girls. Its a brookhaven thing. Bianca already requested her color."