Getting noticed

Ninas Pov

I kept looking at the dna test over and over again like something was going to change. I know I shouldn't have told rocky but I needed to blow some steam off. After all she is a true drama queen the whole time she been here its been something.

I guess she get a kick out of it. I know because that's the only way she gets attention I wonder what she like minus the drama. Spending another weekend at home I studied for my exam. Hearing a knock at the door I looked up to see kyle.

"May I come in?" "Your already in." "Is there something wrong with your mouth it sounds like you got an attitude." "You know what I might do have an attitude and what?"

"Nina you got five seconds to fix your attitude." "Or what kyle?" "kyle?" He said walking up on me. Before I knew it kyle slapped me to the floor."Roxie starting to rub off on you I see. Well I wont be disrespected by you my own daughter."

I stood up and looked at him."You use to be like this gaint to me now your this small to me. Kyle your not my father! I take it you already knew that." Kyle tried to grab my arm but I snatched away.

Grabbing my phone I was half way up the street. Calling Ashley I met her at the neighborhood park. We sat by the basketball court and watched the boys play.

"What happened I thought everything was straight at the house." "Ash please every since roxie came things been falling apart." "You cant blame her nina she in the blind just like you. Well not about kyle because you told her."

Nina looked at the court and away from Ashley."Your right but more people know her than me and I been living in this neighborhood my whole life." "Your not lame nina you just very quiet that's all.Maybe you need to step it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself."

"I dont feel sorry for myself Ashley I just stay quiet because that's me. Kyle got me like this as he say im trained." "Well forget kyle and all that trained madness because he not your father so your free to do whatever you like."

Ashley was right it was time to turn up the good girl was now gone time to be myself."What's the move for tonight?" "Wait a minute your boy dante texting me this party info for tonight."

I grabbed her phone and ran laughing. Ashley caught up to me."Bitch give me my phone and stop playing. You better like dante i knew it all this time."

"No I don't he my best friend we been friends for a long time."Whatever you say nina you been liking him since forever and I take it tonight you'll finally tell him."

Just standing there I looked at Ashley and hid my smile."Lets go to my spot its boring out here all the cute boys on the block." I never been to the block but today was my day for all of that.

Inside Ashley house she played music and cleaned up. We ate snacks then went to her room. Sitting on her bed I looked at her pictures from school.I saw our throwback picture and laughed.

"We were so ugly back in grade school. Ashley laughed and looked at the picture."No honey you were ugly not I." We both laughed as she walked to the closet.

"What size do you wear I got some new clothes that I haven't even touched yet that I dont wont.""Size seven in juniors." "Just your luck boo I got some stuff for you." "Do you know how to do makeup?" Why? I just don't wear it takes up to much time for nothing."

"Are you stupid doing makeup is a girls best thing ill show you nina. Cant go around dante looking plain jane." " I dont wont to look dead either ash so what's your point?"

"You looking plain jane for no reason." "By the time im done with you you will be noticed I got a couple tricks up my sleeve." "Ashley don't do nothing stupid." "I wont don't even worry about it trust me."

Ashley did what she was going to do to me and time flew by.As we sat in the living room and waited for her moms to get home there was a knock at the door.Running to the door Ashley opened it up and it was Carlos.

The only reason I know him because he known for being the trap star around the hood. Carlos was a cutie but, he was much to thuggie for me to fool with. Ashley let him in and pulled out some cash."What's up ma?" He said looking at me and focusing back on Ashley.

Purchashing her weed she let carlos out and begun to roll up blunts."Do you smoke or drink Nina?" "No I actually only did both once but never again after kyle caught me.

I got my ass beat so bad I couldn't sit for a whole week. I hate kyle im glad he not my daddy. So bring it on whatever you on im on for tonight no regrets."