The Big Move........

When she heard a knock at her bedroom door she hopped off the bed and opened it up to see her mom. "We're about to have dinner care to join?" Rocky shrugged her shoulders and followed her moms to the kitchen.

Sitting there she looked at Nina and her mom. "Nina may you say grace." Just as Nina was about to speak we all heard the front door slam close. Jessica jumped up and saw her fiance walking towards the kitchen. " Hello love how did it go?" She asked .

Instead of him answering her question he made his way to the kitchen. Nina gave rocky a look and put her head down. Rocky sat there and looked up at the man who stood before her. " Who is this Jessica?" He asked never taking his eyes off rocky.

Jessica then walked over to rocky. This is my daughter Roxie she will be staying with us for the next couple of months." He stood there and smirked. "Can I have a word with you?" He asked as they walked off.

"Please don't mind my dad." "Oh I wont have any problems doing that." Rocky said with her arms folded. "So how does the food look?" "Alright." Rocky said and stood up to go to her room. As she pulled out her bags from the closet she unzipped one and took out a pair of pajamas.

Inside the restroom she brushed her teeth and pulled her hair up in a bun. Taking a shower she tried to relax but the harder she tried she couldn't. Finishing up she then made her way back towards her room.

Laying in the bed she could hear her moms and her boyfriend talking very loud. Rocky tried to brush it off and get some much needed rest but the more she tried the louder it seemed like they got.

Rocky got up and opened her door and looked down the hallway to see Nina sitting in the hallway rocking. Shaking her head she went back inside her room and continued to overhear the argument. Eventually everything died down and the house was now silent.

As the sun rose so did rocky. Once she opened her eyes she saw her moms at the door. "Honey do you want some breakfast?" " Can I get a minute please?" Rocky said getting out of bed and shutting the door behind her mom.

Pulling herself together she found her an outfit for the day and changed. Walking towards the kitchen she sat down and didn't say anything to anyone. She was no fool she knew her mothers guy friend did not won't her there to begin with and she didn't either.

"Goodmorning." Nina said looking at rocky and waiting for her to say it back. Rocky nodded her head to nina and continued to sit there with her arms folded. Moments later her moms fiancé entered the kitchen and sat at the table.

As he sat down rocky continued to sit there with her arms folded and stare in space. "Good morning." He said. Jessica was still slaving over the stove still and she looked over at the table at rocky.

Nina said good morning back as rocky looked at her nails and then towards her mom. "Is the food ready?" Although she really didn't have an appetite she was ready to eat and get up from the table.

Once Jessica was done cooking they all sat at the table in silence. "So how'd you sleep?" rocky looked at her mom then back at her fiance and then continued to eat.

"Did you hear Kyle sweetheart?" Rocky put her fork down and looked up from her plate. Then she looked at her mom. "Yes I heard him and why do you care how I slept anyways?" Kyle looked at rocky and then Jessica.

"Sweetheart its early in the morning it's a new day please be nice." Play nice rocky thought as she took a deep breathe. " I would of slept okay if I didn't hear all the yelling I heard last night. By the way Kyle your a grown ass man if you don't want me here don't pretend just be real and tell me to my face." Rocky said.

"Roxie! you will not sit here and be disrespectful." "Alright then I'll just leave." Rocky said getting up from the table and stomping to her room. Moments later her mom was knocking on the door.

"Open the door Roxie. We can work this out." "Just leave her." She heard kyle say and then they both left from the door. Rocky wiped her face and called jose.

"Hello." "What are you doing?"Roxie asked. "Just chilling with Pablo what's wrong you sound like you've been crying for hours." "I haven't been crying but I am mad can you get your dads car and come get me? I'm ready to ditch this joint bad." "As bad as I want to do it my rocky I can't ."

Rocky rolled her eyes. "Why not?" "For one I'm not coming to kidnapp you I want to stay a free man and besides my dad is out and I'm drunk."

"What kind of excuse is that Jose? You would of been better off just saying no." "Well no." Jose said as Pablo laughed in the background.

" Am I on speaker phone? Jose answer me!" "No your not on speaker phone rocky calm down. " You don't tell me to calm down I know when I'm on speaker phone and when I'm not. You know I hate when you do that." Rocky hung up the phone and threw it on the bed beside her.