Desireable pt.4

A/N these 4 parts were written over 2 days and sometimes I can't even do 1 over a week! WHATS GOING ON

The next two days were pretty much the same. The police had more evidence and were getting so close to finding who was sending the threats. Dean and Cas didn't talk as much, Dean was busy with his interviews and Cas was lost in his thoughts, but kept alert on keeping Dean safe after the other day.

It was approaching the end of the working day, Dean had been to a read-through and was relaxing at HQ in his brothers office (it had a mini water fountain, so it was favourable).

Castiel stood by the door,staring into space and ignoring most other things, feeling...drifted. He checked his watch, 4.27 pm. Good times.

"Hey Cas" Dean said out of the blue, getting his attention. "Cas, I've got another threat" he opened out the letter from the pile.

The clock is only speeding up...

Cas got out gloves and put it in an evidence bag, immediately walking out with it to Director Singer, who was rather enjoying the 'tour' of offices.

"Sir, we've had another" Cas handed the plastic bag over.

"You never let Dean out of your sight, we have set up more people around the house but he's safer in the local county office than his own home. I'm trusting you, Cas, not to let him slip" he said, very sternly and took a quick glance at the note.

When Cas returned, Dean had his hands in his head, rubbing through his hair and seemed almost sobbing. "Dean, your house has extra security now. More guards are around the house. I'm the only one inside, I know that, but...it's safer anywhere but your house. We're going to relocate you after tonight"

Dean's eyes were slightly red when he met gaze with his bodyguard, Cas walked closer in worry until he could reach out and touch him. "Fine, I'll pack up everything tonight. Just, as long as I'm as far away from my brother, he won't get hurt, right?"

"If that's what you're worried about, then he's going to be alright. As far as we know, you're the main and only target and your brother is at no risk." Dean stood up in front of Castiel and put a hand on his shoulder, making Cas back away a little but didn't really mind it. "W-We've even got him a guard, it's my cousin Gabriel but I'm sure that doesn't mean anything, and he's got cameras around his house too. Don't worry"

"Okay, thanks Cas. Let's, um, let's go home" Dean had another overwhelming urge to lean forward, but he didn't. For that moment he was scared for his brother, not so much his life. But now understanding how much Cas was risking-his life, his job, his cousin. Almost parallel to Dean's.

----

The music drove Dean to a happier mind set, well it always did. Cas had become more partial to the choice in songs, even knowing them after having them either on repeat or over several days.

"Do you want to eat anything?" Dean kicked off his shoes and slid into the kitchen, followed by Cas.

"I'm -I'm fine. I don't need to-"

"Yeah, but do you want to? I swear, I'm one of the best chefs you'd meet; even though I don't exactly look it" he began rummaging through the cupboards for pans and knives, then food, getting it all splayed out for his masterpiece.

"I'm okay, but thank you" Cas stood by the table, feeling strangely domestic...liking it even.

"So how did you find out you didn't need to eat? Did you just stop?" Dean was busy prepping some meat, getting olive oil in a pan over the cooker and chopping up peppers.