Twelve - Goodbye

Chapter 12- Goodbye

Edited 12/27/17

Jake's P.O.V

How many guys do you know that can cook and be a Vampire at the same time? I'm not bad at it thanks to my dad's human slave for teaching me a few tricks. Breakfast is the only time of the day I can cook without any interruptions. Nobody likes to get up early. Soon after I heard footsteps rushing down to me. I turned expecting to see Alyssa, but of course it was just the guys.

"How was your date?" Dylan leaned onto a counter next to me with a wink. Of course these guys would want to know. They've been curious what we would do since we've left.

"Just a casual restaurant and movie date. It was alright." I shrug leaving out the part where I stopped to drink some blood.

"Really? This chick is your mate! Take her to a hotel and ya know." Dylan wiggles his eyebrows.

Finn widened his eyes and slapped Dylan on his arm to stop it. "I know Alyssa better than anyone in this house. She wouldn't be too thrilled with the idea of pregnancy in such a young age. Plus, it's illegal to have a baby with a human."

"That's why condoms were invented!" Dylan rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his blond hair.

"Some fail to work!" Finn snapped and there was a knock on the door preventing them to fight longer.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. "I'll get the door. Don't kill each other while I'm gone."

"We are vampires. We can't kill each other." I rolled my eyes and ignored them.

I faced the door and opened it only to reveal my father and my stupid brother. My dad looked furious and my brother just smirked at me , but it was an evil smirk. Now what did this jerk tell my dad ?

"Huh, unexpected visit. Well come in father and brother who I adore," I spoke in sarcasm, but they speed walked inside before my very eyes. Gotta love only entering a house when welcomed.

"So your brother here tells me your slave refused to get bitten. Is that true?" Now I understand why my brother was excited. That ašs decided to tell on me like a child to my dear father. He would do anything to make my dad like me less.

"Yeah, so?" Honestly I have more problems to worry about right now.

" You've been too careless recently with your slave, Jake. Do you understand how this effects the family? If word gets out that your slave isn't behaved, we will all be the losers of the town." My father started playing with his hands.

" Oh come on! She is a human we should all respect. Humans are sort of like us." I try to ease my dad's harsh reaction.

" Enough with this nonsense! I'm going to make this right. Congratulations Jake, your new slave is Ashley. Your brother will have that girl you own to make her obey. Yes, you're switching slaves." He gave me a stern look. In the corner of my eye I could see my lovely brother making fun of me with dumb gestures my dad couldn't see.

"No, I can't let you do that!" I stood up angrily.

He raised an eyebrow and stood up as well. My bravery was slowly crumbled into pieces as I looked up to such a tall man. "Don't tell me you like her. We both know what happens when you love a human. We kill them."

"Of course not, dad! I-It's just that she's my first slave," I lied just to save her life. I've tried my hardest to block my thoughts, so my father couldn't get inside. My brother was too much of an idiot to even try.