• 23 •

Your POV

You wake up in the middle of the night from having a dream about Joshua. You were in your bed at home, you look on your digital clock to see it was 2:45 in the morning and you sigh to yourself. You reach for your phone to see you had a text message from an unknown number. You glanced at the text but put your phone back down. You didn't really want to be on your phone right now and rather actually go back to sleep. You put your phone on your nightstand, lay down and cuddle your pillow to help you fall asleep. While you were trying to fall asleep, you thought about Jimin and how much you missed him but you thought about the fun memories you guys have had together. You began to think about your parents as well, it was making you sad and wanting to cry so you just decided to calm down by taking a deep breathe. You start to think about something else like how you should be asleep right now. You actually started to fall asleep after a while.

Hours later

You wake up to your phone ringing, you reached over for your phone but you were barely awake. You sit up, answer the call and put it on speaker.
Captain Crowell: Detective, I need you here ASAP
You: Yes-
She hung up the phone before you can even answer her. You sigh as you really wasn't feeling like going to work but you already miss yesterday. Now you kinda freaking out a bit about going to work. You began to get up, you yawn and walk out of your bedroom. You walk down the hallway to the stairs, going down the stairs and took the kitchen to be greeted by your maid.
Maid Justice: Good morning Detective!
You: Morning
Maid Justice: How did you sleep ?
You: I slept okay, I just began awakening to a phone call from work and I honestly don't want to go.
Maid Justice: Why don't you want to go? You didn't even go yesterday? Is it about the case?
You were sitting down at the dinner table, she came to you with a plate of waffles with a syrup bottle in hand. You smile to her as she smiles to you. She goes back to get you a glass of milk that she had left on the kitchen counter. She made her walk back to with the glass of milk and put it on the table. You already were eating but you drink some milk to help you eat.
M

aid Justice: I don't see how you could really hate your job, y/n...
You look up at her from eating, she was looking at you with a bit of concern.
You: It's not that I hate my job, Justice. I just sometimes dislike certain things about my job and I wouldn't trade my job for anything.
Maid Justice: see thats the motivation you need and that's why you need to take your ass to work.
She got up from the chair she was sitting in, she pushed it in and proceeded to walk away. You began to eat again but was really shocked how justice really just said that. Yet again, Justice has been around for as long as you could really remember and she had children of her own many years ago. Sometimes you don't understand why she could even like her job. You got up from the table, finished your plate of food and walked to the kitchen. She was there washing dishes in the sink, you came to her with your plate and also glass. She took it from you with a smile on her face. You begin to walk away but she interrupted you so you turned to look at her.
Maid Justice: I really hope that I didn't sound to rude back there, I just care for you y/n and you know your parents wouldn't want to hear you upset about your job...
You: No, no I understand that what you said by the dinner table wasn't rude and you definitely do have a point there!
You turn back to the way you were going to go, which was to your bedroom to get ready for work and that's what you did. You didn't spend a lot of time picking out an outfit. You honestly didn't even want to go to work so you worn some baggy black jeans with a pink crew neck shirt and did your makeup. You grab the keys to your super bee and happily walked down stairs to the garage door. You open the door, going to the car and getting in. You get in the car, start the car and drive out of your garage. From the garage to the driveway than the road of the street you live on, you smile so happily to think how much faster you could get this case done if you actually just solved it and didn't fuck on Joshua. Born to die by Lana Del Rey was playing in the car as you were driving to work, work was pretty far from home and that's when you began to notice someone was following you as you were driving to work.