• 16 •

Your POV

You woke up screaming and realizing it was just a dream but your bedroom door open. It was your maid rushing into your room quickly nervous.
Maid Justice: Are you okay , y/n?
You: No I just had an awful dream.
Maid Justice: What was your awful dream about?
You: It's nothing, Justice.
Maid Justice: It's not nothing sweetie, if you are waking up screaming!
You: Fine, it was just had to deal with me losing my job over something dumb.
I sigh looking away from her and she grabbed your hand than held it. You looked at her as she was looking at you.
Maid Justice: You could never lose your job over something dumb. You are an amazing detective and one of the best in LA.
You smile at her as she smiles back. You hold both of her hands and look at her.
Maid Justice: Your words have always been truly the best to me! For years! Thank you, you do so much for me and Jimin.
Maid Justice: I always enjoy your family, y/n. Oh how deeply I tend to miss your mother and father but I'm so glad you and Jimin weren't there that day.
You: yeah
You sigh sadly and she noticed you were becoming sad so she got up from the bed and you noticed she did. You stop feeling sad as you look at her.
Maid Justice: look y/n, I know everything must be always hard on you but that dream should not affect things. Now if you would excuse me I was finishing up doing your laundry. Would you like for me to start up your breakfast?
Y

ou smile at her as she looks at you.
You: You could finish the laundry than start my breakfast.
You smile after saying that, she smiles back than proceeded to leave the room closing the door behind her. You sigh and fall back into your pillow.

Hours later

You were walking inside the courtroom, there were so many people in the room and the judge was yet to enter the room. It was 12:58 pm, the attorney's were starting to enter the along with the head security following behind. There were security almost all over this whole courtroom not counting you and some of your people. You sat next to Detective Hedgewater as he was sitting next to Detective Harmony. The left over of the bench had FBI Agent Brown and the captain at the end sitting. It becomes 1 pm and the whole courtroom went silent cause the head security started to talk.
Head security: Good Afternoon y'all, I'm going to have everyone start with turning off their cellphones. There's to be no audio or recording from a cellphone at this time so please everyone take the time to turn off your phone. If we see you on your phone, we will escort you out of the courtroom. No talking either or else you will be escorted out as well. The judge should be coming out shortly so therefore we are starting with case number 37421978, LAPD homicide investigation vs Mr Joshua Hong, please step forward.
The judge starts to enter the room and sits down in her sit. Certain set of guards were at Joshua, asking him to stand up and walk over to where he sits with his lawyer. He gets up, they walk him over and make him sit down. One of them takes off the handcuffs on his feet and the other does the ones around the wrist. His lawyer was already sitting at the defender table as our attorney was sitting at the other table.
Judge McFarland: So today a new day so I would like to call FBI Agent Brown to take the stand.
You were not looking forward to this, he gets up from the bench with a smile and you began to shake your head. He walks over to the stand and takes a sit proudly. The judge looks at Mr Brown with concern.
Judge McFarland: What the hell are you so happy for?
Chris laughs then smiles. You were in concern of why this man was so happy too. You seriously was not ready for what this man has to say.
FBI Agent Brown: Well your honor, I feel glad to be chosen and this will definitely be the winning decision of why Mr Hong should be in prison
He says with a grin ear to ear and the judge still seemed madly concerned.
Judge McFarland: Mr Brown, I don't know how you necessarily are "chosen" when seem a bit cocky about yourself. I would love to hear this "winning decision" of yours.
Chris laughs, looks at the crowd than looks at her.
FBI Agent Brown: I don't think it's cocky, your honor-
She picked up the lil hammer and slammed it down, looking at Chris with anger as he didn't look to happy himself.
Judge McFarland: Mr Brown, CAN YOU JUST GET TO THE DAMN REASON OF WHY THE HELL WE ARE ALL IN HERE TODAY.
FBI Agent Brown: We are here today because mr Hong is a guilty man. He has ruin lives and does everything like he will never got caught for it. I have been chasing this man for years and everytime the FBI gets close, he disappears.
Judge McFarland sighs as she was at Chris than looks at the crowd.
Judge McFarland: How did you get to know that the LAPD were looking for him too?
She looks at Chris as he looks at her than the crowd.
FBI Agent Brown: We were reached out by LAPD captain Crowell, that's when my team and I decided we had to fly to California for him.
Judge McFarland: What in this investigation have you guys learned so far about Mr Hong?
FBI Agent Brown: That he is wanted for 2 counts of murder and one on attempted murder. He also has more than those charges.
Judge McFarland: Agent, why do you say attempted? Have you even talk to the victim?
FBI Agent Brown: no your honor but-
Judge McFarland: But what? You should have this witness come forward and you & your people just assume it's attempted. For all we know this could all just be an conspiracy.
FBI Agent Brown: It's not an conspiracy, your honor. This man is actually a very dangerous man!
Judge McFarland: Yet you and your people haven't even took the time into these murders. How are the people in this city supposed to feel safe when you people aren't even doing your jobs.
In that moment, you felt sick to your stomach, you didn't even want to be in that court room no more and the judge kept talking so you zoned out.

A few moments later

You saw Chris get off from the stand, pissed off and that's when it hit you, you saw that everyone was getting up. You start to get up and leave the courtroom. You honestly don't know how the end of that just ended. You felt sort of panic of not knowing how that just ended but you just continue to walk out of the courthouse. You felt glad that it wasn't you this time on the stand. You walk to your car, pull out the keys and unlock it. That's when you saw Chris walk by. He looked upset.
You: So that wasn't your best moment.
Chris: You think that shit funny?
You: Well even if I did, don't be all hurt about it because we have all had better moments
Chris looks at you with a smile as you sort of blush. That's when a man drove by saying "way to go man, now it seems like all of LA could get away with murder". Chris began so mad and you began to calm him down.
You: Honestly, it's okay! We will make sure Joshua doesn't walk!
Chris: Why the hell should I believe you when you letting been having sex with him
He walks away from you and goes to his car. You sigh, get in your car and just drive home.