• 18 •

2 days later: Your POV

You were sitting on a long wooden bench, on the bench sat by you was FBI Agent Reid and next to him was detective Harmony. After harmony was brown and then Hedgewater. Captain sat right behind you, which you didn't necessarily like so much especially what happened two days ago and that's when Judge McFarland ordered Sunwoo to take the stand. As he got up from where he sat, you heard whispers not that far from you and that's when you saw Chris whispering to his agent JJ sitting behind him. He noticed you were looking at him as he whispered something to her. He stopped, they went silent and began to pay attention to the court. You were in concern but turn back to pay attention to the court. That's when you noticed that Sunwoo's on the stand giving his statement.
Sunwoo: That late afternoon, I went to Venice Beach because my friend, Jimin, was having a going away party-
Judge McFarland: Is this person Jimin here today?
Sunwoo: No ma'am.
Judge McFarland: well I wish this Jimin character was here but that will do. Sunwoo please tell the court room about your incident.
Sunwoo: Its was early evening, I was finishing up using the men's bathroom on the beach that's when I was attacked and left there. I remember Detective Y/l/n coming to me and trying to save me.
Judge McFarland: Thank you Mr Sunwoo, please go back to your seat.
She smiles at him as he grins as he gets up from the stand and walks back to where he sat. That's when you see the judge eyeing you from where she sits.
Judge McFarland: Oh Ms Detective Y/l/n take the stand?!
She says so politely but it felt odd. You never cared for this judge since the beginning of this case being taken to court. You stand up from your seat, you see eyes from all around stare at you but you couldn't let it bother you. You walk from your seat to the stand proudly but nervous. You just wanted to get this over with as you took the stand. Your eyes immediately hit Joshua as he was looking at you while he was sitting on the right side of the room with his lawyer next to him. He licked his lips as he grins to himself looking back at the bench where you sat. That's when your attention was caught by the judge.
Judge McFarland: Ms Y/l/n, tell me about the early evening at Venice Beach?
You: Well didn't Sunwoo tell you his statement?
You could see your attorney shake her head from the corner of your eye as the judge was giving you the most disrespectful look ever.
Judge McFarland: Detective, why would you ask me some question like that knowing I'm the judge in this courtroom?
You so didn't like her attitude what so ever but you just take a deep breath as you start to give your statement.
Y

ou: I was present at the beach that evening-
Judge McFarland: why were you already at the beach? Were you assigned to patrol the beach?
You: No ma'am, I was actually off duty and my brother was having going away party-
Mr Salazar: OBJECTION!
The judge turned her body so fast as she gave Mr Salazar this mugging look. Mr Salazar was stood up with a stern look on his face and Joshua was looking at you. You see Joshua looking a bit frustrated. You just wanted this shit to be over with.
Judge McFarland: what is it Mr Salazar?
Mr Salazar: what does this have to do with my client?
Judge McFarland: Well that's a good question, Mr Salazar...
She turns to look at you with a concerning look.
Judge McFarland:  What does this have to do with Mr Hong?
That's when in the corner of your eye you see your attorney stood up and being frustrated as well.
Attorney McCarty: My client is bringing this up cause your client is involved into this, Mr Salazar
That's when Judge McFarland turned her old ass body fast again and grabbed the little hammer slamming it down on the pallet.
Judge McFarland: SIT DOWN BOTH OF YOU!
The attorney and lawyer sat down at their tables with a bit of fraustion. She turns to you and looks at you with a smile.
Judge McFarland: I think it's just best we just call it a day
She says as a whisper, her smile fades as she turned looking at the courtroom. You walked away from the stand and back to where you sat.
Judge McFarland: That's going to be all for today,  I will see y'all soon. Now please exit the courtroom safely.
You got up from your sit and left as quickly as you could from the courtroom. That's when you felt someone catching up to you in the court hall. You turn to stop and that's when you see Captain Crowell. She didn't look so happy.
Captain Crowell: What was that in there ?
You: What do you mean?
You start to walk as she walked next to you. You weren't to ready for this conversation.
Captain Crowell: You literally questioned the judge in her own damn courtroom!
You: I'm sorry Captain I-
Captain Crowell: I really don't want to hear it y/n, you are so so so so close from being pulled over this shit for good. 
She walks away from you angrily, you became upset as you walk out of the courthouse and you walk to your car on the verge of tears.