• 14 •

2 weeks later: Your POV

It was little bit into the case in the courtroom, Joshua was sitting on the defendant side with his lawyer on his left side and you were sitting in the courtroom as the attorney for our side is defending you & your case.
Judge McFarland: Detective Y/l/n would you please take the stand
You got up from out of your seat from inside the courtroom, walked pass everyone and took the stand.
Judge McFarland: Now I would like you for you to explain everything.
You: Well your honor, this all began on February 26 of this year and I would have never thought it would have happened like that this.
Joshua lawyer stood up so fast from his chair.
Mr Salazar: objection!
Judge McFarland: What are you evening objective about, Mr Salazar?
Mr Salazar: The defendant here isn't even going on with the story, she's more fantasting it!
Judge McFarland: Your right, Detective, move along and get to it
You: Your honor, we were called out to a homicide of a woman stabbed multiple times in mr Hong's house and Joshua was no where near the scene.
Judge McFarland: Now, your attorney for you & your station stated that the witness saw Mr Hong flee the scene is that correct?
You: Yes it is
Judge McFarland: That means that the witness never really saw the suspect, Mr Hong, kill the victim?
You: Yes your honor that's what is proven. Why are you even talking about this?
Judge McFarland: DETECTIVE!
She picked up the little hammer thing and slammed it down. She looked at you with a discouraging look on her face as you were stern.
Judge McFarland: I will be the one asking the questions! Mr Hong here isn't not facing murder charges but will be facing recklessly driving, felon possession of marijuana, felon possession with firearm-
You began to zone out while this judge was naming off the charges, suddenly you saw a hand waving in your face and it was the judges.
Judge McFarland: Detective?! Am I boring you?
She looked at you with an anger look in her eyes.
You: No ma'am
She sighed and look at the court room.
Judge McFarland: It's getting late, we will pick up Friday at 1 pm.
She gets up from where she seats and begins to leave as you get up from the seat that was part of the stand. Two cops come from the door on a the left side of the court room with handcuffs, having Joshua stand up and they handcuffed him. You watched this happen and it was almost hard to see. The cops have Joshua in front of them, making him walk to the door and go in. You walk out of the court room than court house. It was 3:30 in the afternoon, you saw the attorney outside the courthouse talking to someone so you walk down the street and that when she caught up to you.
Attorney McCarty: You did great up there!
You: Really? I almost felt like a fool!
Attorney McCarty: It's totally understandable but you told the truth that's what matters. Friday is going to be a big day!
You: Well this one was big too!
You guys were at the end of the stair case and that when you guys were staring at each other. She sighs
Attorney McCarty: As big as it was it didn't feel like a lot! I mean you don't even know who committed the murders!
You: I might not know about the murders but at least I have something on Joshua for him to be locked up!
You heard footsteps coming down the stairs not to far from you and the attorney so you both turn to see Mr Salazar walking towards y'all .Mr Salazar laughs.
Mr Salazar: I have no idea what y'all think you have on, Mr Hong but I will make sure he is free on some sort
Attorney McCarty: no I don't think so and it's illegal to be talking about on going case not in an courtroom so!
She says crossing her arms and that's when Mr Salazar scoffs than walks away. You laugh and so does she but you walk away after. Everyone obviously went in their own directions.

Hours later: Joshua Hong POV

I was in my jail cell now sitting down on my bed as my cellmate was asleep. It was very different to be in a jail cell, eating the yucky food and getting used to being treated like an prisoner. I hated it already, I want out of here so badly and there no way I can be in til Friday and possibly longer after that. The next thing I know this loud buzzer sound comes on,the prison gate slide open and my jail mate got off the top bunk.
Jail mate: So Hollywood this is our time to spend time with other inmates. * Laughs*
He walks out of cell as I stood up from the bed getting up to join the other inmates. A few have gathered around the tables, talking or standing while there's still some inmates getting out of their cells. I sat down by the nearest table I could find that's when a group of inmates approached me.
Inmate #1: Uh newbie this is our table!
Inmate #2: Yeah and we gonna have to ask you to leave!
You: but there's no table that says big scary ugly men sit here
Inmate #1: What did you just call us?
Inmate #3: I think we going have to put k pop boy here through the table
Inmate #4: Now guys why don't we just make him one of us?
The 3 inmates look at the fourth inmate concerning as I just sat there confused and just wanting to be left alone. So I decided to stand up and that's when they looked back at me.
You: I'm just going to leave now-
Inmate #1: Sit your ass down
You stood there looking at this grown man in his eyes as he just became more frustrated.
Inmate #3: oh I like him, he's good
Inmate #2: You can't be serious, he's not good enough
He spits at me and I began so mad that I punched him. The two inmates look at me with surprised looks on their face as the one is looking at me so pissed. I began to laugh and that's when I saw the leader of the group throw his fist towards my face. I duck as he finishes his swing, I tackle him taking him to the ground, we fight for who gets on top as I do first, at this point the inmates and guards were rushing to us. They're trying to pull us off each other as we are throwing punches at each other. Eventually, everyone pulled us away from each other, everyone was annoyed and tired. That's when the cuffs were put on me by one of the guards and they escorted me to solitary confinement.