In another life (Draco x read...

By changetyre

Y/N arrives at Hogwarts ready to start a new life at school, she's fallen in love but it comes with way more... More

My letter (p1)
The Sorting Ceremony (p2)
Advanced Classes (p3)
The End of Year (p4)
Writer comment
Back to School (p5)
First crush (p6)
Slytherins new seeker (7)
Petrification (p8)
My first encounter (p9)
The Hospital Wing (p10)
Writer comment
Dark ride to School(p11)
Divination (p12)
Defense Against the Dark Arts (p14)
Heartbreak (p15)
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff (p16)
Hogsmeade (p17)
Lockdown in the great hall (p18)
The Prisoner of Azkaban (p19)
The Full Moon (p20)
Year 4 (writer comment)
The Burrow (p21)
Tents (p22)
The Quidditch Cup (p23)
Beauxbatons girls and Durmstrang boys (p24)
The unforgivable curses (p25)
The Goblet of Fire (p26)
Clearing things up (27)
Ferret (p28)
The first task (p29)
Preparation for the ball (p30)
The Yule ball (p31)
Confrontation (p32)
The golden egg (p33)
The Second Task (p34)
Time with him (p35)
The Final task (p36)
Remember Cedric Diggory (p37)
Writer comment
12 Grimmauld Place (p38)
First DADA class (p39)
Endless lines(40)
Dumbledore's Army (41)
Severe Punishment (42)
Double Date? (43)
OWLs (44)
Department of Mysteries (45)
Writer comment
Year 6 (46)
Not again (47)
Amortentia (48)
Quidditch (49)
The Malfoy Manor (50)
Slug Club (51)
Grabbing a bite (52)
The Christmas holidays (53)
Fire (54)
Plan A (55)
Plan B (56)
Sectumsempra (57)
The Final Plan (58)
Choosing sides (59)
Writer comment
Alone?(60)
Battle of the Potters (61)
The wedding (62)
School? (63)
Reunited (64)
Classes with the Carrows (65)
Come and Go (66)
Prisoner (67)
Empty mansion (68)
Together? (69)
Help (70)
Escape (71)
Shell Cottage (72)
Preparation (73)
The calm before the storm (74)
The start (75)
Time (76)
The Bridge (77)
Flames (78)
Loss (79)
Pick a side (80)
It's over (81)
A couple of years later (82)
THE END

Care for Magical Creatures (p13)

1.1K 30 22
By changetyre

This year Hagrid had been hired as a teacher for Care for Magical Creatures. I was really looking forward to the class not only because of my interest in magical creatures but also because I was incredibly proud and happy to see Hagrid teach a class. Once more this class was scheduled to be taken with Slytherins.

Seamus and I walked down hand in hand. As we walked side by side we mocked Trelawney's prediction about my love life. Almost at the end of the trail heading to Hagrids hut, Dean came running to catch up to us and ended up diving into conversation with Seamus leaving me walking behind them both. Both of them being taller than me and having longer legs ended up leaving significant space between me and them in only a matter of seconds.

Now I was walking alone down to Hagrids Hut trying not to trip over the uneven ground. Of course to my luck, as I was just about to reach the end of the trail when I tripped over a large rock. I squished my eyes closed waiting to fall face forward but soon felt some strong arms catch me. I opened one eye half expecting Malfoy to be the one to save me. But to my surprise, it was Seamus who had caught me this time.

"Thanks, babe," I told him, giving him a quick peck.

"Oh don't worry babe, I'll always catch you if you fall." He said in a sarcastic tone.

I playfully slapped his arm at his cheesiness and we both laughed.

____

Hagrid led us all into an open area of the forbidden forest. Once everyone was coming to a halt Hagrid told us all to move to one specific area.

"Open your books to page 49," Hagrid instructed.

"Exactly how do we do that?" I heard Malfoy ask condescendingly.

I huffed "You just stroke the spine of course." I told him with a sarcastic smile.

He lifted the book and started stroking its spine with two fingers, both of which had rings on them, before giving me a sarcastic smile back. I rolled my eyes and continued walking. 

Soon I saw Neville prying his book open and before I could say anything the book was already launching itself at Neville. I rushed over to try to help him.

"Don't be such a wimp Longbottom." I heard Seamus say, I gave him a disapproving look.

"I'm ok" Neville replied breathlessly propping himself up before the book launched at him again.

This time I managed to grab it and close it shut. I gave it back to Neville and explained to him what to do next time before making my way next to Seamus.

As I stood with Seamus I heard a commotion start with the usual group. The golden trio and the Slytherin Prince.

"oh yeah terribly funny, really witty, god this place has gone to the dogs! Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Malfoy spat making his ensemble laugh.

"Shut up Malfoy!" I told him walking up to him.

"Oooohoooohooohoooo" Malfoy started with the rest of his boy band joining in. I rolled my eyes and started walking back standing now between Seamus and Harry.

Malfoy then walked up to Harry and me biting his lips in the process. Everyone fell silent watching the commotion. Once he was in front of us he proceeded to make a concerned face before pointing behind us.

"DEMENTOR! DEMENTOR!" He shouted, acting terrified. Everyone turned around in a panic. And to no surprise, our attention was drawn back to the Slytherin group laughing at what had just happened with their hoods over their heads imitating the creatures.

"You absolute sc-" I bellowed charging towards Malfoy but was pulled back by Seamus and Ron.

Soon after Hagrid came back with a creature that I soon recognized as a Hippogriff. Everyone went silent once more as we all stood staring at the enormous creature. 

"Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid asked with excitement in his voice. 

Everyone immediately stepped back, except for Harry. Trying to make myself go unnoticed I ended up pushing my back up against a tree and to my disappointment ended up shoulder to shoulder with Malfoy. I pretended not to be aware of this as I felt Malfoy's stare from beside me. 

"Well done Harry, Well done" Hagrid continued. Ron stepped forward and nudged Harry. "Now, you have to let him make the first move, it's only polite" Hagrids voice echoed. "So, have  a nice bow, then you wait, see if he bows back, if he does, you can go and touch him." he paused "If not...well we'll get to that later."

I lifted my head up and bounced on my tippy toes trying to get a better view of what was happening. I heard Malfoy snicker next to me. I just scoffed and ignored him. I continued to try to watch the scene play out, curiously after Malfoy saw that I was struggling, he pulled a green apple out of his robe before him and his ensemble pushed people aside and I now had a clear view of what was happening. I tried to hide a smirk. 

Everyone was watching the scene play out. All of a sudden after everything seemed calm Buckbeak snapped at Harry's extended hand. Without noticing I grabbed Malfoy's arm, he turned his head and smirked not making direct eye contact with me. He then proceeded to point and laugh at Harry. After Harry managed to stroke Buckbeak everyone except the Slytherins burst into applause.

 Before I knew it Hagrid was carrying Harry and placing him on top of Buckbeak despite Harry's protests. He then proceeded to slap the creatures behind. It began to gallop towards the trees and soon after it extended its wings and began to fly. 

After a couple of minutes of no sign of Harry, everyone began to chatter. Seamus and I gravitated towards one another. He was leaning against the tree and I put my arms around his waist and leaned against him. Our faces only inches apart as I looked up at him. 

We began to have a flirtatious chat, every once in a while we would stop and kiss. After a while, I turned around and leaned my back against his chest as his arms went around my front. I saw Malfoy staring directly at us from a distance with a burning anger in his expression, his usual nose scrunch on his face. 

Soon after Harry and Buckbeak arrived and landed in front of us all. We all scrambled to have a closer look at the scene. People started cheering and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Malfoy pushing people apart and charging towards Hagrid, Harry, and Buckbeak. 

" you're not dangerous at all are you?" He began. 

"Draco No!" I shouted as I ran forward. Buckbeak lifted off into his two back legs and scratched Malfoy's right arm with his huge claws. I ran and kneeled beside him examining his wounds. Malfoy rolled and groaned in pain. After Hagrid managed to calm Buckbeak I moved closer to try to look at Malfoy's arm. 

"It's not too bad," I tried to reassure him.  

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Malfoy shouted dramatically. 

"Calm down, it's just a scratch," Hagrid yelled unconvinced. 

"Hagrid, he has to be taken to hospital!" I yelled with urgency. 

"I'm the teacher, I'll do it." Hagrid said as he bent down to pick him up. 

As Hagrid was lifting him up, Malfoy reached for my wrist and held it tightly. He flopped on Hagrids arm, not letting go of my wrist. 

"Come with me." Hagrid told me "Class dismissed!" 

I turned and gestured to Neville to get my things which he quickly understood. I saw Seamus was wearing a disapproving look. 

"you're gonna regret this! You and your bloody chicken!" Whimpered Draco. 

As we continued to walk up the castle I saw Hagrid had an extremely concerned look on his face. 

"He'll be fine." I told Hagrid reassuringly as Malfoy continued to whimper dramatically, still not letting go of my wrist. 

Once we arrived at the hospital Hagrid laid Malfoy down on a bed and Madam Pomfrey rushed over to examine him. In just a matter of minutes, she was mending his wounds. I tried to pull my hand away from Malfoy's grip but he held on even tighter. Once Madam Pomfrey was done mending his wounds I pulled a chair that was close by and sat down. Malfoy turned around and looked over at me smirking. 

"What?" I asked him 

"You care about me." He said with an even bigger smirk

"What?" I said again 

"You came rushing to my aid after I was so viciously attacked." I chose to ignore this comment 

"Why haven't you let go of my wrist?" I gestured at his tight grip. 

"hmm...I don't know, I kind of like it." He acknowledged his grip still with the same smirk 

"Well can you let go, I have to get to class," I told him 

"Why did you help me even after I made fun of you?" He asked me but now with a sincere look on his face. 

I sighed before answering. "Malfoy, I've known you for 3 years now, I know you can be sweet, kind, and smart when you want to. I know you do it to impress your little gang. And you've also come to my aid several times so I owed you that much." I giggled. 

He looked taken aback and I felt his grip loosen from my wrist. I took this opportunity to pull my arm back and realized that his grip had hurt me a little. I had a red mark all around it and I massaged my wrist with my opposite hand.

"Oh, I-" He started trying to get up with his uninjured arm. 

"Don't worry, I- I'm gonna go." I interrupted him, as I walked towards the door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 1.5K 16
[COMPLETED] You're a nurse who works as a nanny. You've been in love with Draco Malfoy your whole life, but you never had the courage to tell him wha...
27.2K 1.5K 10
[COMPLETED] You're a Gryffindor who gets along with everybody. With everybody but Draco Malfoy. He is always bullying Harry Potter, your best friend...
428 2 49
Draco Malfoy's dark past, present, and possibly future, limits his wanted interaction with other students. But when he notices the new supposed mudbl...
14.8K 1.3K 17
[COMPLETED] This is the story of (Y/N), a student from Beauxbatons who has been transferred to Hogwarts. There she is gonna find out that her fate is...