Slashed: A Naruto Fanfiction

By Shaxoss

"Funny isn't it, Sasuki? With our backgrounds, our roles could've been easily reversed." They were born into... More

Prologue
Retrieval
Uzumaki
Rumours
Capture
Infiltrate
Power
A Target
The Facility...
Bargaining
Solo
3
Example
Duo
Kidnapped
Freaks
Evenly
Stuck...
Prankster
Artificial
The 12
Taste of Power
Fear
Clash of Titans
ROOT
Sight to See
Eyes That Reflect the Heart
Beyond
Genin Team
Teamwork
Reveal
Operation
Reality and its Capacity
Unspoken
13 to 18
Fate? There's no such thing
Once More
Stagnence
Sato Yoshio
Request
C-Rank?
My Will. . . My Purpose
Will of Sensation
Interview
Legend
Reason. . . Suspiscion
Make me
The Book
The Beginning of the End
Disagreement
Meeting
Are You?
Death? Perfection?
Shoulder
To the Top
Wave
Place to Stay
Momentum. . . Inertia
Failure? It's an Option
Heads or Tails?
Jinchuriki
Before the Storm
Start
15
Psychological
Forest of Death
Progression
Heavenly
Water
Evade
Crisp
Finish Line
Sweep
She is Crazy!
Preparation
Wield
Will
Time
True Desire
3rd
Start of the Rebellion
The Konoha Crush
Lagnarok vs Dawn
Gods
Clash of Gods
Epilogue

Under the Moonlight

4.2K 54 82
By Shaxoss

Arc: A Bond Thicker than Bone... (Finale)

~~~

Disclaimer: If you have't read the chapter before this one, I highly encourage you to do so lmao. This is also just a cliche fest chapter. But, maybe it'll turn out good. You never know.

What a weird day. Naruto thought. His hands were in his pockets as he walked along the concrete ground of the Uchiha Compound. Naruto just sighed.

First it was Pervy Sage and now it's Kakashi. What else do they want from me? Naruto questioned. While he knew the answer to his own question, he still questioned it out of his own free will.

Will they tell me to follow my heart? Or something along those lines? Naruto thought as he walked and walked. His eyes were set towards the path he was currently taking; forward.

Does he really know how he feels? Maybe or maybe not. It's quite a complicated thing really.

"Geez. Why are people depicting us as two main characters from a cheesy romance movie from 500 years ago?" Naruto groaned. His eyes moved to the side and saw where Sasuki and him were staying.

He pulled the door open and he entered the house. Naruto saw Sasuki sitting on the couch that he usually sat on. She was writing on some huge paper.

"Whatcha doing?" Naruto said as he jumped on the couch and startled the hell out of Sasuki. She widened her eyes as she looked towards Naruto's grin.

"What the hell! You should've just went and used the door instead of shunshining over here like a maniac!" Naruto could have sworn that Sasuki was ready to stab him in the heart.

Naruto raised an eyebrow at what she said.

"Ummm. . . I actually used the door to get here. I didn't use shunshin at all. You really are focused on whatever you are doing at the moment." Naruto said laying back.

"Liar," Sasuki puffed her cheeks as she continued what she was working. "I'm no liar. I have yet to lie to you. I'm pretty sure you should know that by now." Sasuki shook his head.

I wonder. . . If I ask him that question; would he answer truthfully? Sasuki questioned. Naruto peered to what Sasuki was currently doing. "What's this?" Naruto asked. He was quite the curious person.

"Hokage-sama picked me to oversee what kind of decisions the people have made for the Kyuubi Festival. I also have the right to make the final decision. So I can add changes to anything that I find much more ideal." Sasuki explained.

"Why didn't she let me do it? I am perfectly able to handle the job quite finely." Naruto said as he fist bumped his chest. Sasuki just furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah. . . no. Hokage-sama would never let someone as immature as you do this job." Naruto just scoffed.

"I'll have you know that I am very much mature! Even Kakashi said it earlier. His opinion counts much more than yours!" Naruto stuck his tongue out. "Kakashi came and visited you?" Sasuki asked.

Naruto nodded.

"Yeah. He came and visited me while I was with my team. He was a few hours late to his team." Naruto explained. "What'd he say?" Sasuki was now interested and curious to what Kakashi said to Naruto.

"None of your damn business." Naruto said. Sasuki punched his slightly injured gut. "I'm serious. Tell me." Naruto sighed as he rubbed his abdomen slightly.

You damn fox. Can't you heal me faster? Or do you still hate me? You probably still hate me. Let's get back being best pals. Right? Right?! Naruto said in his mind. He truly has gone insane from the top to bottom.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Only because it's you who asked me. I wouldn't be telling anybody else." Naruto said with no satisfaction involved or laced in his voice. "Awww. . . you warm my heart. Now tell me." Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"He was in contact with the Pervy Sage — one of the 3 Legendary Sannin; Jiraiya. As you know, Pervy Sage is the author of those creepy and perverted books that Kakashi always read. Yuck!" Naruto first told her.

"How'd you know about the contents in the book. Huh? Are you a closet pervert?" Naruto widened his eyes as he wailed his arms around in the air.

"What! No! Pervy Sage just had me read the manuscripts of the books when I was always half-awake! Or is it half-asleep? Ehh. . . practically the same thing." Sasuki narrowed her eyes.

"Huh. . . huh. Liar. I can see through your lies." Naruto just had a dead-panned expression. "I never lied to you before. Already told you this." Sasuki couldn't suppress a small giggle. Naruto just lightly smiled at the giggle.

"Ok. Back on the topic. Kakashi told me to keep up the good work." Sasuki just raised an eyebrow. "Why? You're as lazy as Kakashi." She said. "Ah. . . you wound me." Naruto said and covered his chest.

"Shut up and get on with the damn explanation." Naruto just grumbled at what she said. "I'm just trying to poke some fun out of you." Naruto told her. "And guess what. . . you're not getting it out of me." Sasuki remarked back.

"Fine. Kakashi told me to keep up the good work because the Pervy Sage is now using as inspiration." Sasuki raised an eyebrow. "Inspiration for what?" Naruto looked away from Sasuki.

"Tell me; inspiration for what?" She asked with a much more forceful and firm manner than before. There was an moment of eery silence between the two.

"Inspiration for his damn perverted books!!" Naruto yelled. "Why would he get any information from you?" She looked at Naruto with narrowed eyes

"I think that. . . should be left unsaid." Naruto said as he looked at Sasuki. "And don't get the wrong idea. I don't have a damn girlfriend — if that's what you're currently wondering." Naruto told Sasuki.

He could have sworn he saw her sigh with relief after he said that. Nah. Probably just imagining things. Naruto thought as he just shrugged it off like if it was nothing. After a moment or two, Naruto yawned.

He soon got his necessities for the couch.

"I'll be sleeping the rest of the day. Don't wake me up until morning. Good night, Sasuki." Naruto said as he bundled up into his blanket. Sasuki looked back towards Naruto every few minutes.

"Looks like i'm done now." Sasuki said to herself as quietly as possible so she wouldn't disturb Naruto while he was sleeping like a little baby. Sasuki lightly smiled at Naruto as she was about to go.

"Good night, Naruto-kun." Sasuki wanted to cringe when she said that. It didn't feel natural to her. But it somehow felt so. . . right for her to add the suffix at the end. There were many times were it could've exploded right out of her mouth.

Sasuki turned off the lights as she made her way towards her bed.As she left the living room, a small smile crept onto Naruto's face as he heard was she said.

I see. So that's it. Well, good night to you too, Sasuki-chan. Naruto soon fell into a deep sleep that lasted hours on end.

~~~

"Hey, sensei? When are we going to start sparring?" Asked Runa as the 3 were soaking wet from trying to walk on the water. Naruto pondered for a moment.

"Let me see. . . maybe after you 3 finish this walk-on-water exercise, then maybe I will try and entertain that idea of yours." The 3 suddenly turned very determined.

They certainly want to spar quite badly. Good thing what I said motivated them to try harder. Naruto thought as he thought and thought and thought. Naruto saw them get frustrated at times.

"Don't get frustrated. While it is only natural for you be frustrated — it'll only hinder your progress with the water-walking exercise that we are currently doing." Naruto instructed.

He showed demonstrations on what should be looked for when mastering the exercise. "You guys are moving quite nicely through it. I'm quite proud." Naruto told them as he gave them a thumbs up.

"That's right. We'll be the greatest genin team ever!" Jun claimed. Reisha and Runa silently agreed as usual. "Good. I know you 3 will." Naruto said.

"Now, go on. It's around 3 P.M as of right now. You all have time to get ready for the festival." Naruto watched his genin leave the training grounds. Naruto sighed as he stretched his body a bit.

A Kyuubi Festival. During the war? That is quite unbelievable. Naruto thought as he shook his head. There were many who thought that the festival was quite a risky thing to do.

It leaves them vulnerable for infiltrations and information gathering from other villages. Naruto waited a couple of moments before leaving the grounds. Naruto slowly but surely made his way to the center of the village.

The festival starts at. . . 8 P.M. I think. Naruto thought as he saw people hang up signs and decorations for the special occasion today. Naruto eyed each stall and their items. A lot of the items were quite good,

Some were quite garbage.

It took a full hour for Naruto to get back to his very warm and trustworthy couch. If only I was on a bed. Naruto thought as he laid down on the couch.

"You going to the festival?" Asked Sasuki as she leaned against the wall. Naruto looked towards her and nodded his head. "Yeah, I am. If I didn't, you would have dragged me down." Naruto explained to her.

"I wouldn't have." Naruto raised an eyebrow. "Then. . . It's ok for me to stay here and sleep?" Naruto asked with a innocent face and smile. Sasuki scoffed as she looked at him.

"No. I would've dragged you down to the festival." Naruto chuckled. "Yeah, and YOU said you wouldn't have dragged me there. Oh, how the tables have turned." Naruto said satisfactory written on his face.

"Shut it. Now take a shower. You smell like shit." Naruto furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, you smell like shit. How about that?!" Naruto entered the bathroom. Sasuki shook her head as she waited on the couch.

She fidgeted around as she waited and waited for Naruto to finish. "Ahhh~ Feeling so refreshed!" Naruto appeared with a yellow shirt on with black-shorts.

Sasuki sighed at her cru-! His antics.

I suppose he's a child at heart. Sasuki thought as she continued to sit on the couch. Naruto sat beside her trying to dry his blond hair. "You should add black to you hair. Gives you an. . . Uchiha vibe." Naruto gained a puzzled look.

"Ahh. . . yes. I'll definitely look like the stereotypical emo and edgy Uchiha vibe that is so infamous around these parts." Naruto felt Sasuki punch him in the head. "Hey! Chill out! Joke! You know what that is?!" Naruto rubbed his head.

"Have at least some pride in being an Uchiha. Have even more pride knowing you're one of the last few Uchihas alive." Naruto scoffed. "I do actually have pride in being an Uchiha. But Uzumaki suits my name better. Rolls of any person's tongue quite nicely. Uzumaki Naruto." Naruto gave her a smile.

They continued to talk until it was 7 P.M. Naruto sighed at that. He truly rather just stay inside instead of going outside. Naruto and Sasuki walked outside as the moon just started showing.

They walked through the empty compound with absolute silence. The two said absolutely nothing to each other throughout their journey to the village center.

It was borderline 8 o'clock once the duo got to the center of the village. They walked as the saw a group of people horde towards the Hokage Residence/Tower.

The followed them and saw that people were gathered around the Hokage Residence. Sasuki saw the confusion on Naruto's face and started explaining.

"Hokage-sama does a quick and simple speech before the festival starts. You get the gist of it." Naruto nodded in understanding. The two looked up and saw Tsunade on top of the Residence.

"To the people of Konoha! It has been 18 years since the defeat of the Kyuubi! We are here today to celebrate the day of its defeat! We have lost many shinobi in battle 18 years ago. Let us honor them by turning such a tragic day to something extravagant!!!!" Tsunade yelled.

"KONOHA!!" The citizens yelled.

"Let us celebrate!" Tsunade walked away and back inside the residence. Screams and shouts of celebration could be soon heard throughout the village. People laughed as they played games.

The two roamed around for minutes on end; they were like glue sticking together. Naruto soon saw a game from the corner of his eyes. A smirk appeared on his lips.

"Check it out. Ring toss." Naruto tapped Sasuki's shoulder. She raised an eyebrow before scoffing. "Hn. You wouldn't stand a chance against my accuracy." Sasuki told him.

"Oh? Wanna back those words with actions?" The owner of the booth was reluctant on letting Naruto play for obvious reasons. But the owner eventually conceded. They both had 10 rings that they could toss.

"You ready?" Naruto asked. Sasuki revealed a smirk of her own and nodded. In a split second, their arms became a sudden blur and became impossible to read.

1. . .

3. . .

5. . .

8. . .

10. . .

The two flawlessly got a 10 out of 10 as their score. The two looked at each other. "Another round!" Naruto called out to the owner. The said owner grumbled and did it.

"In 3. . ."

"2. . ."

"1. . ."

"Go!" The two threw all the rings at the same time. Naruto glared at her. He huffed in annoyance. "You shouldn't have picked this game. Any shinobi at our caliber are expected to get them all down." Sasuki told him.

"Y-yeah, I knew that." Naruto told back.

He didn't know that. "Sasuki! Naruto!" They turned towards the sound behind them and saw: Rock Lee, Shikamaru, and Neji.

What a coincidence. These 3 are people I teamed up with during my many weeks of walking in Konoha. Thought Naruto as they walked towards the 3. "What?" Asked Naruto as they stood in front of them.

"We shall celebrate our youthfulness!" Rock Lee exclaimed as he fist-bumped the air. Naruto sighed as he looked at Shikamaru for an explanation.

"Hey, don't look me. I would rather just stay home and doze off until this troublesome festival is over." Naruto shook his head as he heard him say that. It was expected. I don't even know why I asked him to give me an easy explanation. Naruto thought as the 5 traveled in a group.

"The fireworks are at midnight." Naruto raised an eyebrow. "Fireworks? During a war?" Naruto questioned the decision that Tsunade has made and developed. "Yeah, I don't know why either. But hey, It's what the citizens of Konoha want." Neji told him.

I guess so. They have no self-preservation at all. Naruto thought as they walked and walked. As they looked around, time went on. Before they knew it, it was already 9 P.M.

Then 10 P.M.

Then 11 P.M

It was now currently 11: 50. Just 10 minutes away from midnight. While everyone and their mothers were waiting on the ground waiting for the fireworks.

Naruto had the high ground!

He was sitting on the Hokage Monument. He waited as the clock ticked down and down. He was sitting on Tsunade's flat-head that was carved onto the mountain.

Suck it bitches! Naruto stuck his tongue out at Konoha. He shook his head as he patted the ground right next to him. A small smirk appeared on his face as he knew who the person was.

"Mind joining me? There's a quite cozy spot right next to me." He pointed right next to him. Quite obvious really. Naruto heard a scoff as the person sat next to him.

"This isn't cozy at all." Sasuki said as they both looked into the sky. "I know. But you would have sat her either way even if I didn't notice behind me." Naruto told her.

"How would you know?" Asked Sasuki as she dusted the bits and pieces around them.

"It's because you just can't get enough me. It's as simple as that." Naruto told her. She turn a bit red once he stated such a thing. "I. . . don't know what you mean." Sasuki told him. Naruto wanted to laugh.

"I guess what you said to me last night was fake. Huh?" Naruto made a face that had condescending plastered all over it. "What do you mean by that?" Naruto continued to looked at the sky above them all.

"What I mean was when you called me, "Naruto-kun". You flatter me. Didn't think that you would view so highly of me." Naruto said with a teasing tone. Sasuki widened her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about. N-never said such a thing to you last night." Sasuki was caught in a white lie. Naruto raised an eyebrow. "So, it's true. Isn't it? It makes sense actually. I'm not as dense as people think I am." Naruto told her. He moved a bit closer to her. They were now waist-to-waist.

She looked at the ground with embarrassment. Without looking, Naruto asked her a simple but complex question towards Uchiha Sasuki.

"So, my question for you. . ." Naruto took a moment to pause. "Do you love me? Or was that just a fantasy that I just created out of my own mind?" They had less than 30 seconds left.

Naruto looked beyond the night sky. His eyes met Sasuki's eyes that Naruto thought were even more beautiful than the night sky that shadowed over them. Sasuki recalled the memory of their accidental kiss at their team announcements.

If you were to ask her how she felt about it then, she would have said that she absolutely hated it. But, now. If you were to ask her that question now, it would have been much more different.

Even if Naruto was the supposed dead-last in the academy back then — he was the only decent guy in the room. And she's glad her first kiss was with someone that she had a connection with.

20 seconds left until the fireworks went off.

"You haven't answered my question? Do you love? Or was it just a fantasy of mine?" A small smirk appeared on his face as he already knew the answer. He was a master at observing things around him.

He knew how she felt since the very beginning. He was. . . Just scared of facing her.

Naruto saw her eyes look around for a split second or two. Her face was quite pinkish in color.

"It more than a just a fantasy. It was a reality." Naruto had a small smile.

"Thank you. But I already knew. I know everything about the things that I claim as my own." Naruto saw Sasuki puff her cheeks with embarrassment. God, was she so easy to read.

Well, for people like Naruto anyway.

He slowly placed his right and dominant hand onto Sasuki's left hand that was planted on the ground. They had 10 seconds left. Everything around them disappeared. Them breathing was the only thing that the two could hear.

Their heads started to slowly gravitate towards one another. They tilted their head to the opposite sides. Both of their hearts were beating so fast. They slowly closed their eyes as they were inches away.

3. . .

2. . .

1. . .

Fireworks erupted to the sky as they kissed under the moonlight. Endless fireworks erupted that shined throughout the night sky. A small smile was on both of their faces as their faces split apart

"Best present ever." Naruto said as the side of theirs touched.

"Agreed," Sasuki said as she felt a huge weight on her chest lift up and disappear from existence. The two stayed close with Naruto's hand wrapped around her waist.

In the distance behind them; a person with white hair that was tide up into a pony tail. A smile lit up on his face as he looked at the pictures and notes he managed to take.

"Yes!! I have gathered enough inspiration and research! My greatest book shall be published soon enough!!" Jiraiya had excitement as he read what he wrote and took.

"I'll be putting this in a frame." He said to himself as he looked through the pictures that he took.

~~~

DONE! The end of the chapter! The ship has fucking sailed! It has finally sailed after 36 chapters. We have reached the half-way point of the book, so I thought I should put a little bit of magic! Lmao. And as you can see, Naruto has been playing dense the entire time!

Was thinking of posting 3 chapters today, but thought I should just go with the regular 2 chapters.

I don't know how good this turned out. Since the ship has sailed, there will be more of their ship in the future. But this will be the only arc that will be devoted for the ship.

Anyway, that will be it for today. A chapter or two tomorrow is a promise.

Cya later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 13
"Please don't leave me." "I have to." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Miki Uzumaki. A girl who's feared by the village hidden in the le...
206K 6.1K 18
The war has ended, but nothing is as it should be. Team 7 is always busy and never see each other. Then they are sent on a mission to the Land of Win...
1.3K 36 5
============================= Various Team Seven meet each other. A lot of fun and some nice surprises. #KakaSaku This is pure chaos; it is not meant...
1.4K 90 34
Imagine, if thirty people - that's an entire class - were suddenly flung through the space-time continuum and pulled into a whole new world. A world...