Bride In Blue

By shree_storyteller

An impulsive decision along with a sinister idea was enough to create a mess. The mess was big enough to turn... More

Trailer
Character Sketch And Cast
CH 1 || Carpet Of Thorns
CH 2 || Tickets To Give Away Freedom
CH 3 || The Mistake
CH 4 || Worst Was Yet To Come
CH 5 || Just A Trailer
CH 6 || Married To A Stranger
CH 7 || Bride In Blue
CH 8 || Take A Step
CH 9 || Sleepless Mind
CH 10 || Anvi 2.0
CH 11 || Piece Of Advice
CH 12 || Rules
CH 13 || Stuck In A Quagmire
CH 14 || Perpetrator
CH 15 || Loser
CH 16 || Overlook The Guilt Of The Past
CH 17 || Uncanny Encounter
CH 18 || Trust
CH 19 || Twice is a pattern
CH 20 || Facade Of Strength
CH 22 || The One In Red
CH 23 || The Game
CH 24 || The Real Impediments
CH 25 || The Trap
CH 26 || His Eternal Love
CH 27 || Rage
CH 28 || Anything But Peaceful
CH 29 || Brink Of Betrayal
CH 30 || Unforeseeable Future
CH 31 || Life Is Unpredictable
CH 32 || Heiress
CH 33 || Period Of Intense Melancholy
CH 34 || Either Sister or Mister
Epilogue || A Wounded Lion
Last Author's Note

CH 21 || Mistake

2.2K 236 208
By shree_storyteller

Nikhil seemed disturbed. Ever since he had left his house his mind couldn't erase the feeble state of his wife he was falling in love with.

His heart ached. Only he knew how arduous it was for him to let her go even when he didn't want to. He wanted to pull her in the blanket and cuddle her till she gets comfortable and again starts smiling.

But he couldn't. She wasn't ready.

Nikhil was present in the office but his heart and mind weren't. Generally, a person's heart and mind are not in sync but the case was different for him as they both were yelling he had fallen for her.

He liked her, he had realized when he pondered what his friend Jai had said. But his feelings for Anvi were growing strong. He still couldn't decipher what it was.

He liked Dia but with her, he never felt something he had started to feel for Anvi.

'What's happening to me?' Nikhil mumbled to himself tapping the blue pilot pen on his desk. A gesture he was accustomed to when is troubled over something.

Nikhil was still in his thoughts when Jai knocked on the door to his cabin. Nikhil didn't pay attention to it so Jai entered when didn't receive any reply.

"Hey, dude," Jai said and took a seat in front of him.

Nikhil neither heard Jai's voice nor the sound of the opening of his cabin door. His eyes were fixated at the picture of his cafe which was hung on the wall on his left.

"Hi, Mr. Arora," Jai called him again and even clapped his hands but breaking Nikhil's trance wasn't easy.

"Anvi." Nikhil snapped his eyes towards Jai hearing Anvi's name.

The first thing Nikhil asked Jai wasn't why was his friend there instead he questioned him about his wife. "Where is she?"

"Who?" Jai acted innocent even when he knew who Nikhil was referring to.

"Anvi," Nikhil replied looking here and there like a kid who lost his favourite toy.

Jai smirked before saying, "In your heart."

Nikhil's face fell, realizing Anvi wasn't there. He wanted to see her smile so that he could be at ease. As the gloomy face of hers was not leaving his mind.

"Why do you look upset?" Jai asked when saw his friend wasn't looking quite happy.

"Nothing."

Nikhil's reply irked Jai.

"Cut the crap, asshole."

"I like her, dude. I really do like her." Jai smiled broadly hearing his friend's confession. But the way Nikhil was still upset made Jai perplexed.

"Then why do you have a face like an octopus if you like her?"

Nikhil raised his brows at his friend at which Jai commented, "Now, you look like a jellyfish."

Nikhil shook his head, realizing his friend won't stop teasing him so he diverted the topic to the real concern.

"It feels as if I am falling for her but isn't it too soon?"

"Oh yeah, it is. Do you know there are certain rules to fall in love out of which one is you have to wait for an eternity to fall in love?" Jai made a sarcastic comment hearing his friend's absurd question.

"I am not kidding."

"Really? I thought we were supposed to pass the worst jokes ever." Jai mocked Nikhil.

"I am in a kind of turmoil and the thing is I don't even know what to do."

"Listen to your heart," Jai replied.

Nikhil sighed audibly and went on a thinking spree when Jai added further, "You won't believe me if I say that you have fallen for her already."

"I hav....." Nikhil was again trying to meddle as he was still in denial over the fact that he indeed had fallen but couldn't as he received a call from Ian that his friend Arjun was seen going towards his cabin.

"Arjun is here," Nikhil stated, as soon as the call disconnected. Both his and Jai's face drained of colour. Their friend Arjun Malhotra was a criminal lawyer and a good observant. Moreover, the fact of Nikhil's marriage was hidden from him. Nikhil was scared that the moment Arjun would get to know about Nikhil's marriage, all their friends would get to know as well and then the chaos would follow which Nikhil was avoiding. He wanted to tell the truth to everyone himself.

"What? Damn! I need to hide. Where should I go?" Jai started moving here and there trying to hide.

"Why are you hiding?" Nikhil asked as he thought it should be him hiding.

"He was already suspecting me when he asked about you yesterday and I lied. If he will see me here he for sure will kill me." Jai replied and tried to crawl under the small center table placed beside the couch.

"A cop hiding from a criminal lawyer. Great!"

"Stop passing comments and help me." Joa hissed.

"Under my table," Nikhil suggested.

"Cool." Jai in seconds hid and Nikhil composed himself with a confident aura around him. He was mentally preparing himself on what questions he could be asked and what answer he would give when the door burst open revealing Arjun.

"Hey, dude, what's up?" Nikhil asked his friend as soon as Arjun entered.

Arjun looked up and took a seat before replying, "Ceiling Fan."

"So, what are you doing here?"

"Why? Why can't I pay a visit to my friend who has submerged himself into work that he can't even call me."

Arjun wasn't his jolly self, unlike every other time. Nikhil sensed something was wrong.

All of Nikhil's doubt cleared when Arjun added further, "By the way, I came here to show you something. Gunma sent me a picture of a newspaper clip. The guy in that looked the same as you." Arjun stated about the picture of a newspaper clip he received from his grandmother whom he calls Gumna out of love and slid his phone on the table towards Nikhil.

Jai who was hiding under the table was praying to God to save him.

Nikhil couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the picture of him and Anvi of their wedding with the headline Bride In Blue.

"Gunma asked me if you got married? But I told her clearly that my friend won't do such a thing without informing us." Arjun was smiling but that wasn't a kind one.

Nikhil and Jai realized they were gone. No one in the world could save them.

When Nikhil couldn't utter a word Arjun stated, "I see you are at a loss of words Mr. Nikhil Arora."

"Arjun, I...." Nikhil couldn't apologize as he was interrupted by Arjun,

"First ask the dumber to come out of the place where evil female secretaries generally sit in erotic novels. You know what I mean, right?"

Hearing him Nikhil felt disgusted and commented, "Ewww dude, you are gross."

Jai immediately got out from under the table when heard Arjun's remark and stated, "You have lost your mind, Malhotra."

"I have sent it for remanufacturing. And If you don't want me to behead you and take yours come here and sit." Arjun said. Jai knew there was no way he could defeat his lawyer friend so sat quietly beside him.

Arjun made Nikhil his focus again and said, "So, Mr. Arora, explain. Remember I am exceptional at rebuttal. Your time starts now."

With that Nikhil started to narrate how he ended up getting married. Arjun had a poker face all the while.

When Nikhil was finally done Arjun asked, "I don't get it, why weren't any of us informed after that?"

"I am sorry. I didn't tell you all because I needed time."

Arjun raised his brows feeling muddled and asked, "Time for?"

"It's a lot to take for me and Anvi. I was waiting for us to get acquainted with the truth. Though I am comfortable now, she still needs time."

Arjun nodded before saying, "Damn it! I thought I hit a jackpot but here I got nothing."

"What do you mean?" Jai questioned.

"I thought I will tell everyone and they will give Nikhil amazing punishments."

"No way, you are not telling anyone dude." Nikhil was terrified of the idea. He didn't want it that soon.

"I get it. I won't." Arjun said, making Nikhil relieved. Jai realized it was better if he would sneak out otherwise he would get grilled by none other than Arjun. He had almost reached the door when heard Arjun, "Where do you think you are going Mr. Khurana?"

"I need to handle a case," Jai replied smiling sweetly.

"You don't have such a case, I know. Come here my dear friend, we need to discuss what you are feeding me for the next week. That will be your punishment for hiding the truth." Jai realized he was doomed as Arjun was such a foodie that he could eat the food of two people all at once. Nikhil was eased when Arjun wasn't harsh but gulped in fear when the thought of telling the truth to his other friends came to his mind.

Nikhil's day went on like that. First with his friends and then with his official work but all the while his mind was occupied with the presence of only one person, Anvi.

Anvi's mind went on and on to the kiss which was second according to her as she was oblivious to the one Nikhil had given her when she was fast asleep when he found her with an injured hand.

The red colour of her cheeks was adamant about not leaving her. How hard she tried but she couldn't eliminate the tint of crimson red colour.

She rubbed her hands to make them warm for the tenth time and kept on her cheeks to get back the original colour but all in vain.

"If you have someone in mind nothing will work," Leena commented smirking at Anvi.

"Huh?" Anvi didn't understand what Leena meant until she heard Ray, "You have been blushing ever since you came to work."

Anvi tried to defend herself as she said, "I am not blushing. It's cold outside, it's because of the cold weather."

"Yeah, of course, the coldness you must be feeling without someone," Leena stated and giggled along with Ray.

"Girls, please," Anvi whined trying to stop them from teasing her.

"You look happy these days, by the way. I have never seen you smile like that." Ray stated. The genuine and serene smile on Anvi's face was quite evident and the reason was apparent.

Anvi couldn't bring herself to concentrate on work so decided to distract herself for a while.

But even for the distraction, she chose something which was somehow related to Nikhil.

She started searching on google on how to know if someone likes anyone. She was puzzled regarding what she was feeling with Nikhil for the past few days. Even when she had been in love in the past but with Nikhil things were different and new.

She was not able to repel Nikhil when he kissed her in the morning.

'Was it a friendly gesture?' Anvi mumbled to herself.

'No, his eyes were speaking volumes.' she mumbled again thinking about the kiss.

Feeling frustrated she shut her laptop, gaining the attention of Leena and Ray.

"It's time for lunch," Anvi announced and was saved from the embarrassment as it was really the time for lunch.

Anvi's POV

Leena, Ray, and I had gone to the nearby restaurant to have lunch as none of us wanted to have the food of the cafeteria.

Leena was talking about some famous businessman she had recently started admiring looking at his picture printed in a business magazine placed on the table. To be very honest I wasn't quite interested in whom she was admiring as I couldn't concentrate. My mind was on what Nikhil had said to me in the morning.

He even sent me a quick message when I was on my way to the office that stated, 'Have a good day.' with a note in the end, 'Don't be so hard on yourself. We can make things work together.'

My mysteries were too much for even me. I was in a dilemma would he be able to even take it?

I was contemplating what to do and how when out of nowhere Leena and Ray started squealing.

"Oh, My God!"

"Oh, My God!"

"Sssshhh, calm down girls. What happened?" I queried.

"The famous business magazine has featured my handsome hunk in the top list of the hottest businessmen," Leena stated.

Adding further she said, "He is too cute. I wish I could date him."

"I know right! Too bad I am engaged." Ray said as if she lost the true diamond.

"No worries, you can still admire him," I tried to cheer Ray up.

"Yep, Anvi don't you wanna see?"

I shook my head and replied, "I am not interested."

"See for yourself, you will forget your husband," Leena said and put the magazine in front of me.

Just like Leena stated I did forget my husband. My eyes widened at the man they were admiring.

"Nikhil," I said.

"Yes, the one and only Nikhil Arora." Leena kept her hand over her heart and for the first time, I felt jealous.

"What's so great about him?" I asked, still looking at a cute picture of my husband.

"He is cute, hot, hardworking, respects girls and the most attractive thing about him is his smile I could die for."

"Plus he is super-rich," Ray added in the end.

"Really? Is he that famous?"

"Famous? Girls swoon over him and his friends. You are a naive girl, Anvi." I couldn't agree more with what Ray said.

"Indeed," I replied as I still had a lot to learn about my husband.

Anvi didn't have her evening coffee and snacks waiting for Nikhil who had texted her he would join her. She would have eaten but she wanted to spend time with Nikhil.

She liked his company, and the way he used to make her feel comfortable was out of the world feeling for her.

She was feeling anxious as she didn't know how she would face him after the morning kiss but she wanted to.

"Nikhil might be late," Chetna said, entering into the balcony where Anvi was waiting for Nikhil.

Anvi turned towards Chetna and said smiling, "I will wait."

The blush on her face didn't go unnoticed by Chetna.

"Should I play some music for you?" Chetna asked.

"Yes, please."

Chetna played the new collection of the songs in the speaker placed on the balcony and went to do her work.

The cold breeze was lively for Anvi. After two songs the song which played was something she could really connect to.

Her heart started aching at the lyrics of it. The terrible memories started flashing in her mind.

She remembered how she was left hurt at the point where she needed someone the most.

She was so engrossed in the lyrics and her past that didn't notice Nikhil's car.

Nikhil got out of the car and waved his hand to Anvi smiling but she was lost.

He without wasting any second went straight to the open balcony on the first floor.

Anvi came back to the present when Nikhil kept his hand over her shoulder.

"Where were you lost?" he questioned but instead of replying she hugged him. Nikhil was surprised. He couldn't hug her back at that moment.

Anvi when pulled back, Nikhil found her sorrowful. Anvi melted in Nikhil's touch when he caressed her cheeks lovingly.

Their eyes met, and Anvi got lost. She was in a daze and didn't want to move away from Nikhil.

Nikhil was stunned when Anvi tiptoed and kissed his lips. He couldn't react to the sudden kiss. He was too unmindful to realize what was going on and couldn't act accordingly.

Anvi came out of the daze she was in when the song stopped playing. She pulled back immediately and covered her lips with both of her palms.

She looked at Nikhil who stood at his place like a mannequin. Anvi's eyes filled with tears and she stepped backward.

She ran to her room, realizing what she did. Anvi was in tears and started crying when went through a lot of revelations in her mind.

She wanted to talk to someone close, so called Niharika instantly.

"Hello, Anvi." Niharika said.

"Ni...Niharika." Anvi stuttered crying.

Niharika got worried hearing her and asked, "Anvi, are you fine?"

"No, I..I.."

"Anvi, speak clearly. I am not able to understand the words?" Niharika said when was unable to process Anvi's words.

Anvi took a deep breath and said to her friend, "I made a Mistake."

Nikhil felt as if someone stabbed his heart when he heard the term mistake coming out of Anvi's mouth standing outside of her room. He had followed Anvi to her room when he got out of shock.

Nikhil didn't listen anymore further as he didn't have the guts to. He wanted to protect his heart from the further hurtful words, so he went away from there, leaving Anvi all alone.

Do share your views. I would love to hear from you all. 😇

What do you think the mistake is Anvi was talking about?🤔

What will Nikhil do now?🤔

The next update will be after 24 November as I will be a little busy till then because of Chhath Puja and some other personal work.🤗

Lots of love to you all. 😘❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5.7K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...
284K 17.7K 92
"It's look perfect in you finger" ...... the boy said "but I'm afraid" ...the girl said "buy why , what makes you afraid?"..... "this new relations...
112K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
367K 36.2K 72
| 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | Akanksha, a forensic expert and her husband Vihaan, a CBI officer must work together through the gulf in their marriage to catch...