Slashed: A Naruto Fanfiction

By Shaxoss

"Funny isn't it, Sasuki? With our backgrounds, our roles could've been easily reversed." They were born into... More

Prologue
Retrieval
Uzumaki
Rumours
Capture
Infiltrate
Power
A Target
The Facility...
Bargaining
Solo
3
Example
Duo
Kidnapped
Freaks
Evenly
Stuck...
Prankster
Artificial
The 12
Taste of Power
Fear
Clash of Titans
Sight to See
Eyes That Reflect the Heart
Beyond
Genin Team
Teamwork
Reveal
Operation
Reality and its Capacity
Unspoken
13 to 18
Under the Moonlight
Fate? There's no such thing
Once More
Stagnence
Sato Yoshio
Request
C-Rank?
My Will. . . My Purpose
Will of Sensation
Interview
Legend
Reason. . . Suspiscion
Make me
The Book
The Beginning of the End
Disagreement
Meeting
Are You?
Death? Perfection?
Shoulder
To the Top
Wave
Place to Stay
Momentum. . . Inertia
Failure? It's an Option
Heads or Tails?
Jinchuriki
Before the Storm
Start
15
Psychological
Forest of Death
Progression
Heavenly
Water
Evade
Crisp
Finish Line
Sweep
She is Crazy!
Preparation
Wield
Will
Time
True Desire
3rd
Start of the Rebellion
The Konoha Crush
Lagnarok vs Dawn
Gods
Clash of Gods
Epilogue

ROOT

3.1K 52 23
By Shaxoss

Arc: Eternal (1)

~~~

Flashback:

Naruto looked at Tsunade.

"You want to go to Uzushiogakure?" Naruto nodded to the question. "That's a lot to ask." She said as she looked through the piles of papers she had.

"It'll be quick. I don't plan on staying there for long." Naruto told her. It was true — it will be quick. Well... only if Naruto found the eyes quickly.

"Do you need teammates with you?" Naruto shook his head. "You better come back in one piece. News has spread that you fought the Raikage." Naruto grinned as he jumped out of the window.

~~~

Flashback End:

Naruto saw the familiar waters that was miles away from Uzushiogakure.

I could try and trick the bartenders in the shack again. Nah. I can handle walking on water way longer now. Naruto thought as he ran towards the water with his black-mantle-cape covering his body.

Naruto channeled chakra to his feet. He landed onto the water.

Let's hope this doesn't take too long. Naruto thought as he ran across the huge amounts of water. From the far distance — there could be seen a man.

"The boy is going. Get into position."

~~~

As Naruto ran across the water, he felt something.

Hmm? People nearby? How many? Naruto focused even more. His lips formed into a smirk as he sensed the number.

50 people? They're quite strong, too. Did Kumo send them? Naruto thought as he jumped up into the air. He looked down and saw a water dragon hone towards him.

Naruto created a shadow clone. The said shadow clone tossed him away from the direct attack. Naruto landed back onto the water. He activated his sharingan and dodged an array of shuriken coming towards him.

Naruto caught the shurikens that he dodged and threw it back where it came from.

"So annoying" Naruto said as unsheathed the blade that he "borrowed" from Sasuki. He saw over 25 shinobi appear around him. Naruto sighed out of frustration.

Leaf-ANBU? What are they doing after me? Naruto thought as he stood up.

"We are ROOT." One of them said. Naruto looked at each and every single one of them. "I am guessing you don't follow orders from the Hokage. But it doesn't matter." Naruto told them.

"You all lost the moment you dared to even fight me." Naruto said as he stood still.

"What makes you think that?" One asked as they appeared behind him. "Watch out" A teammate of his told him with an emotionless tone. The ROOT ANBU widened his eyes as Naruto turned into a log.

The log was then kicked towards to the man's face. The ROOT ANBU suddenly felt the back of his head get pushed forward. "One down" Two Narutos said in unison as the ROOT ANBU's head hit the log with such force.

"I'll give you all a chance." Naruto said as his clone dispersed into a cloud of smoke. "I'll let you all run away with your tails tuck between your legs. You all will live another day doing so. I rather not kill you all." Naruto said to them.

"We don't fail missions that are given to us. This is no exception." Naruto heard a feminine voice to the side. He just sighed with amusement.

"I guess there's no stopping all 20+ of you." Naruto said as his hand clenched the katana.

"This will be the first mission you fail. And the last mission you will be given." Naruto told them as every single ROOT ANBU came running towards him.

Naruto just stood still at the middle. A smirk was plastered onto his face. "How sad" Naruto said as he was impaled in all sides of his body. "You underestimated us." All of them told Naruto.

A smirk was still on his face.

"This turned quite anticlimactic." They heard a voice. Their heads snapped towards the voice and saw Naruto — completely unharmed with no life-threatening injuries.

"I told you, the moment you dared fighting me — it was over for you all. You guys had a chance, but naively declined it." Naruto looked at them with his sharingan.

They turned back into reality and saw that they all impaled one another. "That damn sharingan. That kekkei genkai is such a cheat!" A few said as they slowly loss their footing a sinked into the water.

Does this count me killing them? They all killed each other. The sharingan truly is a cheat. Naruto thought as he walked away from the battle. But Naruto was skeptical.

The other 25 are most likely already there waiting for me. They must be expecting me to be hurt. Naruto continued his journey across the waters once more.

~~~

"Make sure to take care of him."

~~~

"You got to be kidding me." Naruto said as he dodged over a dozen shurikens. "You all are wasting my time." Naruto said as he ran away from the ROOT ANBU. He had managed to make to Uzushiogakure.

But it seems like they were waiting for me like expected. Naruto thought as shot a kunai towards one of the ROOT ANBU. The said ROOT ANBU dodged it with a slide.

Naruto jumped over a wall to avoid getting hit dozens of kunais and shurikens. Naruto turned to the stone wall he was hiding behind. He channeled chakra to his fist and punched the wall.

As the rubble of rocks flew towards the ROOT ANBU — Naruto took this time and capitalized on it. With a few slick moves, Naruto jabbed one.

Another... and another. Naruto then jumped away. He saw it. My old base. Naruto thought as he jumped down the hole that he once accidentally fell inside of.

Naruto turned his head and saw that they were following him. It was narrow. So they all had to go at one at a time. Naruto saw shurikens flying towards him.

Crap. Naruto thought before pulling a kunai from his pouch and throwing it to block the shuriken. He saw the kunai block the incoming shuriken.

Ouch. Naruto thought as he saw the kunai hit the man's trachea. Naruto saw the water down below and channeled chakra to his feet. Once Naruto landed on the water, he jumped out of the way to avoid a smash from a buff dude.

"You got my cloak wet." Naruto said as the other ROOT ANBU came down from the hole.

I could use genjutsu. But that is no fun. Naruto thought as he dodged a kick from one of ROOT ANBU. He tilted his body a little bit mid-air to dodge a punch.

I'll send you pain tenfolds! Naruto yelled in his mind as he redirected his body and brought his kick towards the one that just punched him. With a simple move, Naruto used his leg to slam the ROOT ANBU's face onto the ground.

15 more to go. Naruto thought as he ran towards the narrow corridor. The 15 that were left chased after him. As Naruto ran away, he created 2 shadow clones right behind him.

"Destroy the walls." The two clones nodded and punched the wall with pure strength. Naruto looked back and saw the wall crumble down and create a new wall separating them away from each other.

His clones dispersed into clouds of white smoke.

"Break the wall. We can't have him escape." The leader of the 15 said. The buff guy from earlier cracked his neck and fingers. He brought his fist back and threw it towards the wall.

"Who said I running away?" Naruto said from the other side of the rocky wall.

He has his katana in hand and thrusted the katana through the buff guy. Naruto jumped on the buff man and used him like a tree and lunged away.

As soon as Naruto landed, he felt the air in front of him breeze right through him. He slightly looked up and saw a a fist coming his way. "Too slow, ya know." Naruto said as he used his own fist and redirected the fist that was supposed to hit him with a punch.

A woman and man both came running up to him. Their tantos were unsheathed and aimed towards him. He jumped back to create space. Naruto used his foot knocked away on tanto; which knocked away another tanto.

"Your plans backfired." Naruto said quickly appeared right next to the tanto. With extreme skill, Naruto picked up the tanto and threw it up in the air.

With no error involved, Naruto stretched out his foot up in the air. Once the tanto was in the right place, Naruto kicked the hilt of the tanto. It went in a straight and delicate line.

"GAAHHHH!" The girl yelled in pain as the tanto was embedded into her arm. Normally, this would've only been considered minor. But the tanto's velocity and trajectory amplified the pain by ten folds.

"Sorry about your arm." Naruto said before running away. "Follow him" The ROOT ANBU nodded and left the injured girl behind.

They're relentless. Naruto thought as he took a left. But right after taking the turn. Naruto turned around and l kicked the next person that came instantly.

Good prediction. Naruto thought as he continued on his run. He looked back and saw the amount of them chasing after me.

Only a dozen more. Naruto thought as he looked up. He jumped up to the ceiling and used it as leverage. With his current leverage, Naruto jumped off the ceiling to tackle a one of them.

As soon as he tackled him, Naruto created clones around him to fend off the people coming after him. He got up and jumped off of the ROOT ANBU's face.

"Give me one." Naruto told his clone. He held out as the clone started to weave around it. Soon, a bright blue orb swirled around the palm of his hands.

Behold the chaos. Naruto thought as he slammed the Rasengan down to the ground. It created ripples around him. The floors and walls that was encasing them was quickly turning into rubbish.

"Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu" Naruto soon had dozens of clones around the corridor,

This will be enough. Can't have the entire base with shadow clones. Naruto thought as he saw his clones gang up on every single ROOT ANBU he could see.

I'll leave it to you all. Naruto thought as he walked away from the battle and further into the former base he used. Naruto activated his sharingan just incase something happened.

We can never be too careful. Naruto thought to himself as he walked turned a left.

It most definitely couldn't be in the room that I created myself. Hmmm... unless it was inside the wall. I doubt it. Naruto thought. He was looking at the makeshift bedroom that he managed to create.

Naruto continued walking as he saw the library that used a lot. It fed Naruto jutsus.

Could be in here. Naruto thought. To be truthful. Naruto has never fully explored the library. It was huge. As Naruto explored, he felt an ominous feeling.

As he searched and searched, Naruto found where this feeling was coming from.

It's that staircase again. It was the one he found years back. Didn't this lead to that broken prophet or something? Naruto thought as he followed the staircase down once more.

Naruto walked down and soon found the familiar area of the prophecy shrine. The torches lit up and created a path for Naruto to walk on.

He walked towards the stone tablet that held the said, "prophecy". Naruto stopped as soon as he made it there. His eyes narrowed in confusion.

The stone tablet... it's not cut-in-half anymore. The whole other half is there. Naruto thought. But how did this happen? He didn't have a single clue on how it did.

Did someone come here a put the other half or something? Or does this stone tablet he the power to regrow itself. Naruto thought as he started reading the prophecy.

Wait. The prophecy changed also. Naruto widened his eyes at the amount of changes. Before this encounter. The prophecy that he first saw was,

"There will be a time when leaders shall clash. Puddles of blood will fall in the battle. Endless warriors will perish, their lives getting taken by the gods-..."

Now it was... Naruto thought.

"In the end, the god's shall show true retribution to hatred's incarnate. A shining light shall appear and show true divine enlightenment." Naruto read. He scanned the tablet once more to look for any hidden messages.

Gahhhh! I don't get this! Naruto yelled in his mind. He was good at philosophical speech. He might never will be. Naruto punched the wall behind the tablet out of frustration.

I found nothing... Naruto thought as his hand was in the wall. As he tried get his hand off of the wall, Naruto felt something. He grabbed it and felt it.

It feels like glass. Naruto thought as he tried lifting it up through the wall.

I can feel some sort of liquid in there. Naruto broke the wall even more to see what was the item. A smirk graced his lips as he saw the item that he was holding.

So these are the eyes that the old man hid. Naruto thought as he looked at the floating eyes that was being preserved in water.

~~~

End of chapter. The next chapter will just have only half of this arc left. As you can see, the prophecy has changed.

It has also been reformed. How it happened? Only I know.

Since someone asked for some Naruto and Sasuki moments. I'll add a bit next chapter if I manage to fit it in. Expect that if you want.

Other than that.

Cya later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 166 8
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura survived many things and lived long lives. But they all had many regrets. So many things they wished they could change, pe...
22.7K 1.3K 9
(This is the sequel to my story, Six Years Too Long. You'll need to read that first to understand this one!) Six years after Minato Namikaze rose fro...
65.3K 2.1K 28
Naruto and Sasuke were the only ones left. Every one of their people had been killed by the goddess. The people who fought the war by their side, all...
25.3K 866 36
(It's clearly not femnaruto x Sasuke) Team 7 needed one member so there team will be complete, because one of there teammate quitted being a ninja,we...