Ballad Of Love

By missconfusedsoul

❝ find what you love and let it kill you.❞ ~collection of short stories More

❥|𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡
【𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐦】
『²』
【𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐳𝐚𝐫】
『•』
【𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐭】
『•』
【𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐛】
『²』
『³』
【𝐊𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐚】
『²』
『³』
『⁴』
『⁵』
【𝐆𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨】
『²』
『³』
【𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐚𝐧】
『²』
『³』
『⁴』
『⁵』
『⁶』
『⁷』
『⁸』
『⁹』
『¹⁰』
『¹¹』
【𝐊𝐚𝐡𝐢 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐚𝐡𝐢】
『•』
【𝐑𝐚𝐠~𝐄~𝐉𝐚𝐚𝐧】
『²』
『³』
『⁴』
『⁵』
【 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐟_𝐄_𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐪 】
『¹』
『²』
『³』
『⁴』
『⁵』
『⁶』
『⁷』
『⁸』
【𝐁𝐚𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡】
『•』
【𝐊𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦】
『¹』
『²』
『³』
『⁴』
『⁵』
『⁶』
『⁷』
【𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐳】
『❥』
【𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐡】
『¹』
『²』
『³』
【𝐑𝐚𝐪𝐬𝐚𝐦】
『¹』
『²』
『³』
【𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐚】
『¹』
『²』
『³』
【𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐢】
『¹』
『²』
『³』
『⁴』
『⁵』
『⁶』
『⁷』
『⁸』
【𝐐𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐫】
『•』
【𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐦】
『•』
【𝐆𝐚𝐣𝐫𝐚𝐲】
『●』
【𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐪𝐚𝐡】
『•』
【𝐖𝐚𝐚𝐝𝐚】
『¹』
『²』
Important Note

『³』

11.7K 657 50
By missconfusedsoul

کل بچھڑنا تو فر عہدے وفا سوچ کے باندھ
ابھی آغازِ محبّت ہے, گیا کُچھ بھی نہیں
میں تو اس واسطے چپ ہوں کے تماشا نا بنے
تو سمجھتا ہے مجھے تخسے گلا کُچھ بھی نہیں۔

(Kal bicharna tou Ehd-E-Wafa soch ke bandh
Abhi Aghaaz-e-Muhabbat hai,Gaya kuch bhi nhi
Mai tou iss vaste chup hun ke tamasha na bane
Tu smjhta hai mujhe tujhse gilah kuch bhi nahi.)

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Its been a month since Mahin had been gone. Gone from his life, Gone from his Heart. He smiled bitterly. Did she really left his heart too?
The answer is No.

Zain was returning giving his last paper when Mahin was leaving for her village. He stopped her but when she looked up at him. He saw a something in her eyes. It was A silent tear that fell down her cheeks. He quickly brushed it off. And then asked her what happened.

Mahin dropped the news so easily on him that she's getting engaged and she'll be leaving soon. Zain stood their looking at her accusingly.

How easily Mahin left him without a trace. She told him that she never said yes to his Marriage proposal. That day she broke a well built Man.

Indeed it was true A woman can make a king cry and bow down Infront of her.

That day Zain did all he laid himself down at her feet but Mahin was adamant on her decision. She was looking nothing like his Mahin. She was totally different.

He still remembers her words. Those words still made his heartache with pain.

"Zain mai ne tumhare saath sirf time pass kiya tha. Jaise tum kar rahe the. Do you really think i would marry someone like you who is not established. Aur waise bhi meri mangni bachpan mein hi kar di gayi thi ab mai jaa rahi hun. I hope when i cameback you'll get over this. We both had our fun and now I'm breaking it off. Waise bhi mai ne tumse kabhi shaadi ka nahi kaha. Saari baatein tum khud hi karte the aur khud hi unke jawab talab kar lete the. Goodbye Zain bakhtiyar Ali."

(Zain I've been with you just for timepass. Just like you. Do you really think i would marry someone like you who is not established. And yeah i was betrothed since my childhood. . I hope when i cameback you'll get over this. We both had our fun and now I'm breaking it off. and yes I've never said anything about marrying you. You say whatever you wanted and then you gave answer yourself too. I was never their. Goodbye Zain bakhtiyar Ali.)

She had given the name of timepass to his unconditional love. He can't believe this all. He had never looked at her in a wrong way. Never in this whole year he didn't even hugged her. He had always maintained a respectable distance. Because he had respected her so much. But now she left him naming his love as his timepass.

He had been in depression. He knew he was throwing himself in the path of destruction but he can't let her go. Mahin was not only his love. She was a piece of his being. She was his peace. She was his solace.

He had comeback his home because Dehradun and His university is suffocating him. He just wanted the warmth of his mother's lap. He just wanted his mother to tell him that everything is going to be alright. Just like she used to do in his childhood when he would cry over his broken toys.

"Ammi..."

He hugged his mother tightly and unfortunately his eyes welled up. He had never been a person who would cry but seeing his mother and with his aching heart tears made their ways automatically on his face.

"Zain Meri Jaan.....Meri ankhoon ka sakun....Mera sona putt."

(Zain my life....The peace of my eyes.... my handsome son.)

His mother's beautiful voice reached his ears. Ans then he stopped crying. His Dad was out of country on a business trip and his brother was in delhi handling the company. Meanwhile his mother and him were at their Haveli in Their native village.

When Zain got to know that he's mother was going to their village. He also packed his bags and then came here. He doesn't wanted to go in depression and cry over a girl who never loved her.

"Ammi by the way what's the sudden plan, that you came here."

Zain gestured his mother to explain.

"Well My Dear Son. We are here for your father's childhood friend's daughters wedding. Which is taking place in two days and we're invited. As you know your Dad is not here so he sent me here to attend the wedding and see preparations their. Unfortunately that Poor Girl's mother died when she was just a child."

Hearing the story of that girl. Zain's heart broke in two and he kissed his mother's forehead. Indeed Allah had blessed him with such a big blessing , He has his mother. He silently prayed in his heart for the long life of his mother.

He was sitting in his room. Whenever he's alone her memories never left him alone. He started thinking about her again...

"Mahin why do you always wear this black shawl? Don't you've any other shawl?"

Zain asked curiously to Mahin who was looking at him with tear filled eyes. Zain got worried.

"Well this shawl is my Ammi's i was seven years old when she died. She had cancer and she always wear this shawl around herself. And when she died i took it. You know whenever i wear this shawl i felt safe. I felt that she was with me. And she's watching over me. I can smell her fragrance from this black shawl."

Mahin was now crying and zain was just looking at her.

He don't know her pain but her tears are digging daggers in his heart.

He prayed to Allah that wherever Mahin's Ammi is she will live happily their and he prayed for his parents long and healthy life.

"Zain beta.. Common get ready we're living for the Malik Haveli."

Zain came out of his thoughts when he heard his mother calling him.

"I'm coming Ammi. Just a minute."

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

It Was the wedding function today. Everyone was looking at him, especially Young girls. He felt a bit uncomfortable by their continuous staring. So he quietly moved towards the Men section.

He was sitting quietly on a chair in the farthest corner of the huge garden when he heard some quarrels. He got up to see what's going on.

When he got entered in the main whole he saw Malik Hashmat his father's childhood friend fighting with a person seemed to be of his age. They both were having a heated conversation and then the other person left the Room.

When he saw the groom leaving the room. He understood what had happened. So the person who was fighting with Malik Hashmat was Groom's father. And now they had left which means there's no wedding happening. He processed it all and then saw his mother talking to Malik Hashmat who was weeping silently bowing his head down.

Malik Hashmat looked up and his eyes met with Zain's. He quickly averted his eyes and Saw his mother coming towards him.

"Zain..."

His mother barely said.

"Ji Ammi."

Zain said holding his mother's petite form.

"Zain you're marrying Hashmat Bhai's daughter."

She said with a firmness.

"But Ammi..."

"No but Zain. I've promised him that you're marrying his daughter. He had already heart broken because he's brother had called of this wedding just because he didn't like the fact that his daughter had been studying in a co-ed university. He had uttered so much filth about that innocent girl. Don't let your mother down. You'll be marrying Malik Hashmat khan's daughter and its final."

"Do you accept Malka Mahin Hashmat in your Nikah?"

When he heard the name of his soon to be bride. A sad smirk grimaced on his face. Fate was playing with him. He loved a Mahin with all his heart but she Ditched him. Now He's marrying another Mahin because that poor girl was ditched just because she was studying in university where boys were present. Cruel fate and Vicious society.

"I do."

"I do."

"I do."

With that his fate was sealed. He was now a married man. At that moment he decided he will never thought about Mahin Qureshi ever again. Because now he has to take care of Mahin Zain Ali.

»»»»»»»»»

Mahin was sitting on a bed filled with Rose petals and candles illuminating around her. She was now Mahin Zain Ali. She was feeling so many things. She knew he was married to Zain. But he was not her Zain. Her Zain was in Dehradun where she left him heartbroken.

She was crying over fate that Allah had punished her. He had punished her because she had insulted Zain's love.

But what she could've done?

His father was a heart patient and she can't say no to him. When he had done so much for her. But what an irony she didn't got married to that coward. Instead she got married to Zain Ali. A Zain who is her husband now,But he was not the Zain she had once loved with all her heart.

She was weeping continually. When she heard the clicking of door. She quickly cleaned her tears with back of her hands and Took her veil down.

She was sitting in the centre wearing a deep maroon colored lehenga.

Her husband approached her and then he took her hands in his big ones.

She don't know why but he's touch was similar to her Zain's touch.

"Mahi....."

He didn't even completed his sentence when Mahin pulled her veiled up and saw him sitting Infront of her. Indeed he was her Zain.

He was her Zain is she dreaming or what?

Zain was shocked to see Mahin sitting in place of his bride.

"Mahin you.... you're Malka Mahin Hashmat not Mahin Qureshi?"

Zain looked at her in confusion.

"I'm Malka Mahin Hashmat Qureshi. Qureshi was my mother's last name."

Mahin explained and then Zain saw her.

He was feeling happy but he suddenly remembered her wordings that He was just a timepass for her. Zain left her hands.

Mahin was on cloud nine seeing Zain. She was so thankful that Allah has blessed her with so much happiness.

"Zain...."

"Stop it Mahin i know I'm just a timepass for you and you loved your cousin."

Zain's word were piercing through Mahin's heart how could he say that? He had only loved one man and that is Zain Bakhtiyar Ali. Her lawfully Wedded Husband.

"Zain bas itna hi jaan paaye aap mujhe iss ek saal mein?"

Zain looked at her questioningly.

"You said yourself Mahin that I'm just a timepass for you. Did you remember?"

Zain said in a mocking tone.

"I said this Zain and I'm not ashamed of whatever i said. If breaking your heart means Saving my abbu's life then i will do it a thousand times."

Mahin said sternly.

"What do you mean Mahin?"

"What happened tell me the truth."

Zain hold her by her shoulders and urged her to speak up.

"My Abbu had a heart attack and he wanted me to get married to my cousin. I've never knew that I'm betrothed to him since childhood. Nobody told me. I also knew that if i will told you the truth you will not take it easy. I was aware of your anger. You beat up four guys just because they misbehaved with me. How could you let me marry someone else. That's why i said those words. So that you will forget me and move on."

Mahin said everything and cried in his arms.

"I love you Zain but i will never do anything Which will hurt my Abbu. If you're my soulmate then he's the reason I'm here. He's the door to My Jannah. I couldn't have afford his......"

She was sobbing in Zain's arms.

And Zain was thankful of her that she chose her family over him. Because if he had been in her father's place he would've wanted his daughter to side with him.

He was so happy that Allah had blessed him with such a pious woman. He was also happy that no matter how they got apart but at least Allah had destined them together.

Surely with hardships comes ease.

"Jannam stop crying."

He holds her chin up and said.

They both were looking at eachother.

It was not the end. It was the Beginning of their Married life.

"I saw her & fell for her
I talk with her & fell for her again
And then i got her & i rise up
Because she had made me
The Happiest Man Alive."

The End.

_______________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722K 30.7K 74
A collection of short stories. Explore the world of Pakistani novellas✨ 1. Love Lessons by Professor ✓ 2. Bitter Sweet Love ✓ 3. Silent Tears ✓ 4. Th...
47.2K 1.5K 24
124K 5.7K 29
She was his from the start ✨. She was an angel protected by a devil 🌼. No one can harm her not even him 👀. His love, obsession, strength, weakness...
114K 6.2K 30
❝ your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.❞ ~ Hafiz - ✨A collection of short stories waiting to be read✨ Grab onto your popcorn buc...