Nakala

By jayemerald

Scar is gone but his spirit burns with unfinished business, but he was found another to carry on his task. Ki... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113 (Final Chapter)

Chapter 60

550 21 2
By jayemerald

Nakala laid next to Janja in their den, he could see that the hyena was still on edge and could only imagine what was going through his mind. Nakala himself wasn't entirely sure if he would be able to sleep. The whole day seemed like a big blur, all the major events blending into one. Images of Kiara, Cheezi and Zira flashed in his mind, reminding the lion that the danger was very real at the moment.

What Nakala didn't know was that Janja was indeed worried that night. But instead of being worried about the clan or even some kind of new foe coming after them he was worried about Nakala. He noticed the lion hadn't said anything since he told the clan about Cheezi. There was no doubt the lion must have a lot on his mind and Janja didn't want his mate to mull over it all by himself.

"Hey, Kala? I know everything's been crazy and all but...How ya holding up?" Janja asked, taking the lion by surprise.

"I-I don't know," Nakala answered honestly with a sigh. It was something he tried not to think too much about. But Cheezi was a good friend to him and the entire clan. As far as Nakala knew before, everything Cheezi did was for the good of the glad. The idea that he was working with Zira never would have crossed his mind. "He was a good hyena despite it all."

Janja gave a growl but nodded. "Yeah, he was." He snarled again, glancing at the lion, seeing a concerned look on his face. "Sorry, I'm just pissed off...and scared." He felt so conflicted on the inside. One part of his mind was reminding of all the good times he had with Cheezi and another part of his mind was making the fallen hyena as some kind of traitor.

Nakala said nothing but 'kept his gaze on Janja, making sure to let his mate know he was listening.

"Cheezi was one of my best friends and hearing that you're best friend was going behind your back...It hurts," Janja admitted, a rawness rising from his voice. Everything he felt but didn't say before, this was the hyena's chance to be honest with himself. "I'm scared, Nakala. Because I don't know who I can trust anymore.."

"You can trust Amana, you can trust Chungu and you can trust me." Nakala said in a soft but reassuring tone. "I thought about that, too. But I noticed that when you told everyone that Cheezi was gone everyone had the same look on their face. It looks like it was just Cheezi. But we're still in a tight spot. Now we're stuck between the Pride Lands and Zira's pride, too. Both sides have it out for us and the only ones who can help are ourselves."

The lion's words sent shudder down the hyena's back. The talk he had with his mate did make him feel better, "I think we should get some sleep."

Despite not feeling tired at all, the lion cuddled close to his mate and closed his eyes. Once again flashes of everything that happened entered his mind but the lion forced them away. Instead Nakala thought only of Janja and all the times they spent together and how the hyena was always there for him. He felt a warmness spread throughout his body, along with a feeling of ease. The lion was sure that times would be tough from now on but as long as he had Janja by his side there wouldn't be anything he couldn't handle.

Before either Nakala or Janja knew it the two mates were fast asleep, bundled close to one another. Just as Nakala was thinking of Janja, the hyena filled his mind with thoughts of the lion. For as long as he knew Nakala, the lion had quickly become someone he could depend on and as time went on and they grew closer Nakala became Janja's anchor. He knew that he could always depend on Nakala when times got tough. It was thoughts like those that gave the hyena enough ease to slowly drift to sleep.

"Remember," Mzeli's voice whispered into the sleeping lion's dream. "As a predator the need to rip into flesh and tear away the life of others is as simple as breathing for you. Please hear me, Nakala. You. Are. Running. Out. Of. Time."

Nakala stirred from his sleep, looking around the den. The lion could have sworn he heard something but found nothing but him and Janja. With a shrug and a yawn he settled back down, laying close to Janja and closing his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 411 17
"Ushari now!" Scar screamed. "Kion!" When Ushari's poison sinks too deep, the Pride Land's only option is to say goodbye, but is that the end for th...
81.2K 2.4K 69
Kion was just Five Weeks old when Zira and some followers of her's attack Pride Rock while Simba was out with Kiara; having to escape from the comin...
8.3K 165 10
Kopa, prince of the Pridelands is born. But a darkness from the war of the past is back. ZIRA, Scar's top general and mate, wants revenge against Sim...
1.1K 52 10
Kion is finally king!!!! But a new problem arises for both kingdoms The Tree of Life and the Pridelands. Can Kion handle all of this pressure or will...